The Official Airing of the Grievances thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Official Airing of the Grievances thread

Now that Spring training is well under way, what off season moves/non-moves rub you the wrong way?

I must admit I wasn't a fan of keeping Ortiz.  I hope he does well but I have a feeling this is the year he hits the wall hard.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for a fast start in April.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: The Official Airing of the Grievances thread

Think Ortiz will take a leadership role this year, tcal. First day of full workouts, ownership addressed the team; Ortiz surprised everyone and did also. With Tek and Wake gone, he's the team patriarch. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DID NOT KNOW THAT THIS WAS A UNION BOARD ????    HOWEVER, EVERY MOVE AND COMMENT BY "FAT-CAT" JOSH BECKETT NEEDS TO BE MONITORED WITH A VERY WATCHFUL EYE !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

You can start today, Bill....He's pitching the first game of the ST grapefruit league against the Twins. The pressure is on for the Mayors cup.Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Eight out of nine were removed from the team as per my 9-9-9 Plan, so I'm very pleased, and adding Ross was a superlative move, too bad we missed Hunter Pence last year when he was traded for a bucket of BP balls and some old gloves. Didn't think we needed to go with Bobby V, so the jury's still out on that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Airing of the Grievances thread:
     Eight out of nine were removed from the team as per my 9-9-9 Plan, so I'm very pleased, and adding Ross was a superlative move, too bad we missed Hunter Pence last year when he was traded for a bucket of BP balls and some old gloves. Didn't think we needed to go with Bobby V, so the jury's still out on that.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20
      AND YOUK, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOUR DAYS IN BOSTON ARE # TOO.....  EVER SINCE YOU STARTED HANGING AROUND WITH THAT "BRADY GIRL" YOUR GAME HAS GONE DOWN !!!!!Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to The Official Airing of the Grievances thread:
    Now that Spring training is well under way, what off season moves/non-moves rub you the wrong way? I must admit I wasn't a fan of keeping Ortiz.  I hope he does well but I have a feeling this is the year he hits the wall hard.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for a fast start in April.
    Posted by tcal2-

For the money we did pretty well but our future success will depend on health, pitching and the maturity of our youngsters.   Lav, Iggy, Middlebrooks, Kalish and especially Bard as a starter could be the difference makers in the next few years. 

Dice, Bard and Bailey having success could be the big keys to this season in my opinion along with Youk.  If our primary starters are Beck, Clay, Jon, Bard and Dice helps out there is a good possibility our staff could be the best in the AL East.  Right now its Tampa, then the Sox followed by the Yankees in my opinion.  Offensively it depends on injuries and age but right now I rank Boston First, followed by the Yankees then Tampa.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Airing of the Grievances thread :   AND YOUK, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOUR DAYS IN BOSTON ARE # TOO.....  EVER SINCE YOU STARTED HANGING AROUND WITH THAT "BRADY GIRL" YOUR GAME HAS GONE DOWN !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Youk is messed up with the ladies, frm Enza? who he "married" for pretend, to Tom's sister, that's ah, weird, sorta, no wonder he got a hernia.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Airing of the Grievances thread :  Youk is messed up with the ladies, frm Enza? who he "married" for pretend, to Tom's sister, that's ah, weird, sorta, no wonder he got a hernia.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Youk needs a break at 3B, then I think his production and health would be fine.  The question is, is his future at DH, 3B or will he be traded next season.  Thats why Middlebrooks and Lav are so important.  These two youngsters could easily help free up a lot of cash next season without Papi, Youk, Jenks and possibly Dice K. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Posted by YOUKILLUS20

So apparently you didn't realizt that one of the two propsects (Jonathan Singleton) the Astros got for Pence were ranked higher than everyone in the Sox' system?  The other was ranked about the same as Ranaudo.  

This year, BA has Singleton at 34, a full 17 places ahead of the highest-ranked Sox prospect Will Middlebrooks.

If Pence went for a bucket  of balls, it was because the Sox did not even have that much....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Airing of the Grievances thread :  Youk is messed up with the ladies, frm Enza? who he "married" for pretend, to Tom's sister, that's ah, weird, sorta, no wonder he got a hernia.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20
    BTW, LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO TOM'S GAME AFTER HE FELL IN LOVE WITH  G B ........ ALSO, "LET ME BE CLEAR",  THAT PASS TO WELKER WAS NOT WELKER'S FAULT......  POORLY THROWN FOR SURE !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Airing of the Grievances thread : BTW, LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO TOM'S GAME AFTER HE FELL IN LOVE WITH  G B ........ ALSO, "LET ME BE CLEAR",  THAT PASS TO WELKER WAS NOT WELKER'S FAULT......  POORLY THROWN FOR SURE !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill....lol  I am a Giant fan and you are correct.  Its was a bad throw that you guys are beating up Welker for not catching.  Face it TB is no Eli.  Had to add that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Airing of the Grievances thread : Bill....lol  I am a Giant fan and you are correct.  Its was a bad throw that you guys are beating up Welker for not catching.  Face it TB is no Eli.  Had to add that.
    Posted by Mchampion
    BUT ELI DOES NOT HAVE  G B TO GO HOME TO AT NIGHT !!!   I HEARD THAT THE "BIG O" PUT HER IN THE  1% CLASS !!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Airing of the Grievances thread : Bill....lol  I am a Giant fan and you are correct.  Its was a bad throw that you guys are beating up Welker for not catching.  Face it TB is no Eli.  Had to add that.
    Posted by Mchampion

that's right he isn't. TB has 3 rings. and for the record, Welker should have caught that ball. right thru his hands. but let's forget about football now. my official grievance is that I have no grievance to speak of.

GO SOX!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Dan Butler shouldn't have won the Red Sox Dancing with the Stars contest!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Ortiz has earned every contract offer. That said, probability is quite high that his production drops to a full season point where it will be time to retire before being kicked to the curb. I'd like to see him hit mid 20's homers, respectable BA and near 100 RBI's and see the light and retire on his own terms. We'll see if he is as arrogant as Wastefield and Varitek and takes advantage of his well earned good will.

Because Boston fans don't like Ortiz but won't admit it because of racial reasons, most Boston fans have been claiming Ortiz was in "steep decline" back in 2008, yet never uttered a word about the welfare contracts that Wastefield was gifted for 2009, 2010 and 2011.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ortiz has earned every contract offer. That said, probability is quite high that his production drops to a full season point where it will be time to retire before being kicked to the curb. I'd like to see him hit mid 20's homers, respectable BA and near 100 RBI's and see the light and retire on his own terms. We'll see if he is as arrogant as Wastefield and Varitek and takes advantage of his well earned good will. Because Boston fans don't like Ortiz but won't admit it because of racial reasons, most Boston fans have been claiming Ortiz was in "steep decline" back in 2008, yet never uttered a word about the welfare contracts that Wastefield was gifted for 2009, 2010 and 2011.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr
    OTHER THAN THAT, MRS. LINCOLN, HOW DID YOU ENJOY THE PLAY ???   HANK, TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Bill, Dad always said to be honest about your feelings, even if people are offended and want dishonesty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill, Dad always said to be honest about your feelings, even if people are offended and want dishonesty.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr
    IF DAD WAS STILL WITH US, I WOULD BE THE 1ST TO TELL HIM .......... "DAD, YOUR GOING TO ENJOY THIS HANK WILLIAMS GUY (AKA SOFTLAW++++) HE KNOWS HIS STUFF" !!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

The only thing I'm particularly upset on is that I wasn't called back for the manager's job and they gave it to Bobby Valentine.  Yes, that's right - I really did apply for the job...mailed my resume to Mr Larry Lucchino himself. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

The only thing I'm particularly upset on is that I wasn't called back for the manager's job and they gave it to Bobby Valentine.  Yes, that's right - I really did apply for the job...mailed my resume to Mr Larry Lucchino himself. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25
    i guess he got a bit nervous when you showed up for your 1st interview with a Hattori Hanzo on your hip...Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Posted by Yoshimi25
      YOU MEAN..... LARRY LUCCINNO's ????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I would have liked the Red Sox to have added a solid #4 pitcher, which I thought was the main intent behind trading Scutaro, but maybe that pitcher will come later in the season, if needed.  I am pleased with the stockpiling of arms signed to minor league contracts.

I also would have liked Varitek re-signed as our back up catcher, but I can live with Shoppach.

Overall, I'm pleased with the offseason moves and excited about the upcoming season!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I would have liked the Red Sox to have added a solid #4 pitcher, which I thought was the main intent behind trading Scutaro, but maybe that pitcher will come later in the season, if needed.  I am pleased with the stockpiling of arms signed to minor league contracts. I also would have liked Varitek re-signed as our back up catcher, but I can live with Shoppach. Overall, I'm pleased with the offseason moves and excited about the upcoming season!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi
    DON'T WORRY KIMMI.... YOU WILL BE SINGING THE TUNE OF LAVARNWAY,  SOOOOOOON !!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts