the Official "i think Middlebrooks will be a bust" thread...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

the Official "i think Middlebrooks will be a bust" thread...

i really hope he proves me wrong.  (well, only if he stays in a RS uni)...
    Flame away but honestly nothing you can say 1 month into his Major League career will change my mind.
    oh and he has yet to get under the microscope of what is red sox v yankees...
    + they are already putting a shift on against him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: the Official "i think Middlebrooks will be a bust" thread...

i fear this thread has become reality.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]i really hope he proves me wrong.  (well, only if he stays in a RS uni)...
    Flame away but honestly nothing you can say 1 month into his Major League career will change my mind.
    oh and he has yet to get under the microscope of what is red sox v yankees...
    + they are already putting a shift on against him.
    [/QUOTE]

They should put the shift on JBJ maybe then he can get a hit going the opposite way......... HE  STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Middlebrooks is not performing. What I find funny though is people thinking Holt is better. The answer is not within the organization I fear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He had an nice night last night. I don't care about the average, he needs to pick up the home runs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say....................  "SON, tell him to stop running around with that Jenny, JENNY DELL girl"  !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He had an nice night last night. I don't care about the average, he needs to pick up the home runs.

[/QUOTE]

I also don't care much if the average is low if he is hitting for power and getting on base at at least a passable rate. Strangely, right now he is doing the latter (maintaining a .316 OBP despite a .200 BA) but not the former (.338 slugging percentage) -- basically the reverse of what we've seen from him in the past,  which is why I disagree that what we're seeing right now is just the same old Middlebrooks who struggled so badly early last season. What we're seeing is a guy who has started this season in a very deep slump, but I think there is good reason to believe it won't last.

The thing is, we know he will hit for power...even when he was struggling mightily, he demonstrated the potential to be a 25-30 HR hitter over a full season. That power is not showing up right now, but I have confidence that it will. That is one aspect of his game that should not be in doubt. His big question mark has been his plate discipline, and we've seen a noticeable improvement in that area in the early going this season. Hopefully he can keep that up once the home runs and doubles start coming, as I believe they will.

Maybe I'm just trying to put lipstick on a .200 BA/.650 OPS pig, but I still believe we'll see some better things from Middlebrooks this year -- hopefully soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

Maybe I'm just trying to put lipstick on a .200 BA/.650 OPS pig, but I still believe we'll see some better things from Middlebrooks this year -- hopefully soon.

[/QUOTE]

i think hes gick on D and cant hit. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Middlebrooks is not performing. What I find funny though is people thinking Holt is better. The answer is not within the organization I fear.

[/QUOTE]

What is your problem with Brock Holt? His performances in both Pawtucket and Boston say he IS the answer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

so, i guess we keep playing him and hope?

other names i have posted under:  none

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Middlebrooks fits the profile of a Reddick type, decent to good D, lots of power but a big hole in his swing.

Sometimes guys figure it out, sometimes these guys don't.  I was an avid supporter for WMB for a long time because I always thought if given enough time he MIGHT put it together, which he obviously hasn't.

In his defense, he's never really been completely 100% healthy for a prolonged period of time to have the chance to adjust and get the ball rolling.  Perhaps he still does have it in him and if he can stay healthy can develop some consistency, but I'm starting to seriously doubt that ever happens in Boston, even if he does put it together.