The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!

At this point Beckett is no longer worth discussing.  Just throw him out there every 5 days and wait for November.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Didn't Idiots say he was taking a break from the forum? I'm beginning to wonder who Idiots is. I've been right 100% of the time.

Idiots only creates threads doesn't really post in threads. ADG creates negative threads and doesn't really post in threads, except my threads where he goes after my posts. I would say ADG is Mikey. I have to think about Idiots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!:
    [QUOTE]Didn't Idiots say he was taking a break from the forum? I'm beginning to wonder who Idiots is. I've been right 100% of the time.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]No you haven't. You thought I was a Yankees fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot! : No you haven't. You thought I was a Yankees fan.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I never thought you were a Yankee fan. I always said you were a Yankee fan butt kisser. There's a difference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot! : I never thought you were a Yankee fan. I always said you were a Yankee fan butt kisser. There's a difference.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]Just when I think I never really liked you, you give me a big smile.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot! : Just when I think I never really liked you, you give me a big smile.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

You always liked me. You just don't remember. Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot! : You always liked me. You just don't remember.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]You must know I'd never swear to that in Court. Laughing

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]he needs to ride the bullpen pine...replace him with miller...and like gammons said today at pregame, there a four or five arms in pawtucket than can take a turn...him and lester need to be benched - im so tired of them blowing our chances
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]Bingo !!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't Idiots say he was taking a break from the forum? I'm beginning to wonder who Idiots is. I've been right 100% of the time. Idiots only creates threads doesn't really post in threads. ADG creates negative threads and doesn't really post in threads, except my threads where he goes after my posts. I would say ADG is Mikey. I have to think about Idiots.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] 2004IDIOS IS A GREAT POSTER..... HE BRINGS CLASS, HUMOR AND KNOWLEDGE TO THIS BOARD......  HE RANKS RIGHT UP THERE WITH SOFTY, GEROME, & BILL-806   !!!!!  All, add to the morale of this board !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]What upsets you most about Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett? He's not the pitcher he used to be     He seems arrogant and uncaring He is overpaid He hasn't learned anything from the chicken and beer fiasco Red Sox management coddles him      All the above
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

The fact that he's still here.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett: Who the %$%$ do these posters on Red Sox: on the front burner think they are? Let them say it to my face!!!!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]  CIRCA 1999 when he was 175LB's      !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]if beckett lost 30 pounds, stretched, and did light weights, he would increase his heater 2-3 mph and have much more stamina in later innings...but because he is a salami, and a fatty salami at that (not good quality like Carando), he is content to be a shell of his former self...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I lol'd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Ben is going to have to get rid of one of these overpaid vets to right the ship. Lackey or Beckett or both. Then look for a real replacement. I don't know ho he can do it but it has to be done. There will be some money with DiceK and Youk gone to get maybe one front line starter. Or go with some young arms and keep the money for some trade deadline pitching. With the new wild card there is always a chance to get hot if a team hangs around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

What is alarming about Beckett is that now that his attitude to the media of late is that the clubhouse is good, he is good with BV, and he has a complete grasp over the Boston media, which outlets are making stuff up and which are quality information providers---it's his actual pitching, his playing that sucks. At one time that was his best attribute, now it's his worst. He isn't an ace, he's not reliable to help the team win, and combined with Lester they are the true poster children of the Sox 2012 Bridge Blown Up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Everytime a player is heading towards free agency, they let it happen. They'll throw out a lowball offer during the season just to see if it works but typically they let them get to free agency and then watch them leave for a better offer elsewhere. Even Ortiz, who they always seem to plan on bringing back, can't get a long term extension. It's always "let's see how the season goes and talk after that", to the point where it became frustrating because you knew they'd lose the player....and then came Josh Beckett. Whether he was worth re-signing or not, it's just funny that they actually made the effort to make it happen during the season when they don't do that for anyone else. .It was just an uncharacteristic move.

Was he always like this? Not on the field, but off? I don't remember him coming off as such a jerk in the past. I figured Lackey had something to do with it because that's how he acts but he's not around this year. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot! : i feel sorry for better people than beckett who can't get jobs in this failed america.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Conversely, there are more deserving people to rant at...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Everytime a player is heading towards free agency, they let it happen. They'll throw out a lowball offer during the season just to see if it works but typically they let them get to free agency and then watch them leave for a better offer elsewhere. Even Ortiz, who they always seem to plan on bringing back, can't get a long term extension. It's always "let's see how the season goes and talk after that", to the point where it became frustrating because you knew they'd lose the player....and then came Josh Beckett. Whether he was worth re-signing or not, it's just funny that they actually made the effort to make it happen during the season when they don't do that for anyone else. .It was just an uncharacteristic move. Was he always like this? Not on the field, but off? I don't remember him coming off as such a jerk in the past. I figured Lackey had something to do with it because that's how he acts but he's not around this year. 
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]

Beckett's 50 milliion extension occurred also during a terrible stretch by Josh. It is mind boggling that the Sox who perform are forced to leave as free agents because the Sox won't re-up them when they are "happy" Sox, but then to change their tune and give him 50 mil without proving his worth, still a head scratcher.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I have said it before and I'll say it again.
    Of Josh's 19 starts 14 have been quality starts. 5 crappy ones
    14 starts with runs scored against 4 (4 times) and the rest 3 or less.
    14 starts with 8 that were 7 or 8 innings and 6 of 6+ innings
    He has had 6 games where he gave up 3 or less and lost and 3 with NDs.

I did the run support umbers once and if Josh had the same run support as Clay he'd have 12 Wins now.

Of course I always say this and it gets glossed over because many wish to go after the percieved cancer in the clubhouse. Which has been refuted by both Ross and Aviles as they both have stated the RS clubhouse is one of the best they have ever been with.
    People run with the cancer thing and agree with any thing the media says to support it but disregard it as BS and CYA when other players say other wise.

Just remember Ted, Rice, and Many were considered bad by some in the media and believed by some fan but never by their team mates. Minly because they dd not talk to some in the media.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]             07a04df6679330fd384eda5dbbacf0db I have said it before and I'll say it again. Of Josh's 19 starts 14 have been quality starts. 5 crappy ones 14 starts with runs scored against 4 (4 times) and the rest 3 or less. 14 starts with 8 that were 7 or 8 innings and 6 of 6+ innings He has had 6 games where he gave up 3 or less and lost and 3 with NDs. I did the run support umbers once and if Josh had the same run support as Clay he'd have 12 Wins now. Of course I always say this and it gets glossed over because many wish to go after the percieved cancer in the clubhouse. Which has been refuted by both Ross and Aviles as they both have stated the RS clubhouse is one of the best they have ever been with. People run with the cancer thing and agree with any thing the media says to support it but disregard it as BS and CYA when other players say other wise. Just remember Ted, Rice, and Many were considered bad by some in the media and believed by some fan but never by their team mates. Minly because they dd not talk to some in the media.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

how can a guy with an era of 4.97, with his record, with his w-l when he starts, and a 10 era in the first inning (putting his team behind almost everygame) have 14/19 quality starts??? maybe your criteria is a bit off, huh Jim?  nahhh

Sections
Shortcuts