The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!

So I guess no one is enforcing the rule about eating chicken & drinking Sammy's in the clubhouse? Is that it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

IP ER QS      
    1 4.2 7 N      
    2 8 1 Y      
    3 7 3 Y      
    4 6 2 Y      
    5 6.2 3 Y      
    6 2.1 7 N      
    7 7 0 Y      
    8 7.2 1 Y      
    9 7 2 Y      
    10 7 4 N      
    11 8 2 Y      
    12 7 4 N      
    13 6 2 Y      
    14 5 6 N      
    15 6 3 Y      
    16 6 4 N      
    17 7 4 N      
    18 2.2 1 N      
    19 7 8 N      

Totals     10      
          53%      

Last 4 starts - no QS.          
    Last 2 starts - complete bombs.        
    Last 10 Starts, only 3 QS - that's only 30% of the time he gives us a 
    chance to win.          
    He has't had 2 consecutive QS since May.      

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I don't polish sh1t just show the facts mryazz

He has 10 games he should have won with any normal run support at all.

He has had 2 QS where he has a ND (and RS lost) and has 3 QS where he has lost.

That is 5 QS where he could have a W with more run support.
    He has 10 QS and 4 where he went 6+ and only 4 runs.
    As stated with the run support Clay has gotten Josh could have 14 Ws. Never mind that with normal run support he'd have 10 W at a minimum.
    BTW for the one who said at least one game 8 innings with no runs or 1 run. He has had 3 with 7 innings and 2 with 8 innings.

The 5 QS he has lost or has a ND that could have been Ws are the difference between where they are and 1st in the WC.

Josh's record is not what we may expect but it is not all his fault.

Just like people praise Clay because thru June was 8-2 with only 4 QS.
    Josh had 8 QS and had a losing record thru June Clay with 4 QS had a winning record.

It is NOT just about the pitcher but the whole team.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In Response to The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!:
    [QUOTE]Disclaimer: The views expressed on this thread are those of the posters and do not necessarily reflect the views of the thread’s author. Cautionary Note: Any attempt to belittle this author by calling him the following will be considered libel: a disloyal Red Sox fan; pink hat; fair weather fan. You can rest assured that my attorney, Jackie Chiles, will take the appropriate course of action to maximize my financial recovery. Now the ground rules: there are none! Take your best shot. Allow me to go first. Thank you.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Nice a thread to bash Red Sox players, I miss the days we use to bash ARod and the Yankees!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot! : Nice a thread to bash Red Sox players, I miss the days we use to bash ARod and the Yankees!
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]

Should've been here yesterday.

Ortiz was the Piñata  du juor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot!:
    [QUOTE]I don't polish sh1t just show the facts mryazz He has 10 games he should have won with any normal run support at all. He has had 2 QS where he has a ND (and RS lost) and has 3 QS where he has lost. That is 5 QS where he could have a W with more run support. He has 10 QS and 4 where he went 6+ and only 4 runs. As stated with the run support Clay has gotten Josh could have 14 Ws. Never mind that with normal run support he'd have 10 W at a minimum. BTW for the one who said at least one game 8 innings with no runs or 1 run. He has had 3 with 7 innings and 2 with 8 innings. The 5 QS he has lost or has a ND that could have been Ws are the difference between where they are and 1st in the WC. Josh's record is not what we may expect but it is not all his fault. Just like people praise Clay because thru June was 8-2 with only 4 QS. Josh had 8 QS and had a losing record thru June Clay with 4 QS had a winning record. It is NOT just about the pitcher but the whole team.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Jim, show us a single metric that indicates that Beckett has been anything but an unqualified disaster this year. "Quality starts" is a terrible statistic. It defines quality as an ERA of 4.50 or better. Thats OK perhaps for our #5 SP, but nothing higher.  Beckett's ERA, ERA+, WAR etc etc are ALL horrible for what the expectations are for him. If he were DiceK maybe...........but not for our ostensible ace.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot! : how can a guy with an era of 4.97, with his record, with his w-l when he starts, and a 10 era in the first inning (putting his team behind almost everygame) have 14/19 quality starts??? maybe your criteria is a bit off, huh Jim?  nahhh
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

whoa, who is claiming that 14 of his 19 starts were QS?

i already posted the stats - it's 10 of 19.....man, you gotta wonder about some people...there is no debating this fact - it's 10 of 19 and 0 for his last 4.  How much credibility can you have when you can't even get something so simple right?  Either he's lying, is a complete idiot, or beyond delusional.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Stats are very telling but you have to take them with a grain of salt and keep the idea of trend on the back of the burner.

Beckett may have a decent amount of QS this season, but honestly a pretty mediocre start is considered quality and he has been very mediocre when at his "best this year"  Also recently he has been much worse...hest been horrible lately.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

I agree with Andrewmitch. He is IMO the most brilliant poster on the forum. He is ahead of the curve. Always has been.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]man look at thar gut
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

Some players just don't give a damn and yet they love cashing those huge paychecks. It isn't right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official Dump On Josh Beckett Thread-Take Your Best Shot! : 2004IDIOS IS A GREAT POSTER..... HE BRINGS CLASS, HUMOR AND KNOWLEDGE TO THIS BOARD......  HE RANKS RIGHT UP THERE WITH SOFTY, GEROME, & BILL-806   !!!!!  All, add to the morale of this board !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

They all have something else in common. They have personal vendettas about certain players, and fill the board with posts and threads just attacking those players ad nauseum -- even on the same day. I'm sure you just left that out by accident.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Sooooo Beckett and Lackey were drinking beer and eating chicken, and then they're also the snitches about who was drinking beer and eating chicken? Do I have that right?

It's amazing how far some posters will go to just blame everything on the players they don't like.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

There is no doubt in my mind that Beckett has quit on this team.  His heart simply is not in it anymore.  He's clearly out of shape, and it's lead to many of his mysterious "injuries."  I think there will be an opportunity where a team in contention, who needs experienced post season pitching, could make an offer for Beckett.  I think most major league GM's would see a guy like Beckett as simply needing a change of venue.  He's got a recent, pre-September of last year, track record of success at a high level.  He is also an accomplished post season guy! The Red Sox must take advantage of this opportunity when it arises. I actually think we could dump his salary, & possibly get something of value in the process.  His time with the Red Sox, as a productive player, is simply DONE!

Lackey should simply be released.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]There is no doubt in my mind that Beckett has quit on this team.  His heart simply is not in it anymore.  He's clearly out of shape, and it's lead to many of his mysterious "injuries."  I think there will be an opportunity where a team in contention, who needs experienced post season pitching, could make an offer for Beckett.  I think most major league GM's would see a guy like Beckett as simply needing a change of venue.  He's got a recent, pre-September of last year, track record of success at a high level.  He is also an accomplished post season guy! The Red Sox must take advantage of this opportunity when it arises. I actually think we could dump his salary, & possibly get something of value in the process.  His time with the Red Sox, as a productive player, is simply DONE! Lackey should simply be released.
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

we can only hope this happens...

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts