THE OFFICIAL I HATE CARL CRAWFORD THREAD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alaskafan2. Show Alaskafan2's posts

Re: THE OFFICIAL I HATE CARL CRAWFORD THREAD

In Response to Re: THE OFFICIAL I HATE CARL CRAWFORD THREAD:
    I still believe that he is just having a bad season.  I was very happy when the Red Sox signed him and hope that he turns things around next year. 
    Posted by susan250

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alaskafan2. Show Alaskafan2's posts

WRONG!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Yes, Burrito, Crawford did probably "seal his fate." That ball should have been caught. Maybe if he isn't playing wound tight he makes the play. It wasn't the easiest play in the world, but it was definitely makable. It almost seems like Fate that the ball found him. Almost inevitable, given the season he had. 
    Frankly, I think the man deserves more pity than censure. He took the contract he was offered. He reported to ST in good shape, as he always is. He batted where he was put in the lineup. He even apologized to fans for his lousy season.
    But none of that is likely to make any difference, and his life on this team will be hell going into next season.  
    Shudder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

expitch can Crawford play RF? Not that it matters but depending on Kalish and who is available from outside there may be better options to fill LF than RF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

sox have spent a HALF OF A BILLION DOLLARS on salaries the past 3 seasons and have WON ZERO PLAYOFF GAMES.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

expitch can Crawford play RF? Not that it matters but depending on Kalish and who is available from outside there may be better options to fill LF than RF.
    Posted by BurritoT
    I don't think he has the arm for right field. He just needs to learn how to relax a little bit, be himself, and not try to live up to the ridiculous contract. Kalish has the arm for right, and so does my ST man crush Linares. Hopefully they're both healthy in February.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413247. Show user_4413247's posts

In Response to Re: THE OFFICIAL I HATE CARL CRAWFORD THREAD : Not much. Get used to seeing him playing left field  in a Sox uniform for the next several years. Thanks Theo.
    Posted by jrh1194
    Could trade him to the Angels for Wells

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to THE OFFICIAL I HATE CARL CRAWFORD THREAD : Yeah blame Crawford for the sox collapse in this game and in general....right... is it his fault when no one other than Ellsbury has stepped up in the last month of games...Bard was awful  paps was awful ....the hole starting rotation was awful... gonzales and papi did nothing and but blame all on CC... what a joke
    Posted by CASox

Yeah, he's a big reason, he whined about his spot in the order, batted second in two games and did next to jack. You were right about Ells stepping up, but how did you miss Scutaro, Pedroia, Jackson, Lowrie, and Lavarnway?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

You have to be kidding, K Krawford in right field. You need an arm to play right field, unless you want every runner on first to go to third on a single to right. That's assuming the ball is fielded cleanly.

This guy gets more pathetic , by the game, he is in a word terrible. He has no arm, hands of stone. No plate discipline, first three at bats in the key game of the season, ground ball to short, which he didn't hustle on, the next two, soft flyballs to left field. Then he gets a double, wow. base runners are in shock when he produces, because that never happens. he is a stiff. Worst high price player in history, hands down,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I agree with Carnie that Crawford lacks the arm for right and that Crawford needs to relax.
    Rightfield is probably wide open going into ST. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I still believe that he is just having a bad season.  I was very happy when the Red Sox signed him and hope that he turns things around next year. 
    Posted by susan250

I believe this too.  Soooo disappointed in him this season!  But willing to give him another season.  Not like we really have a choice anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

What if Crawford makes that catch and the next inning there is a home run? The Sox still lose. The real reason the Sox lost last night was not pinch hitting for Lavarnway with the bases load.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No Joe, the real reason they lost is because that is what they have done for a month.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Crawford gets a $5 million dollar raise next year guys.... what say you? One caller on WEEI advised he give that to the Jimmy Fund.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

One would think that Carl Crawford could only go up from here, and I will try to remain optimisitc, however I am having my doubts.  I have supported him all season, feeling he would turn it around at any moment offensively.  But the unsettling thing is that EVERY aspect of his game declined significantly, particularly how poorly he has been defensively.  When he did get on, he was no real threat on the base paths, either.  I think everyone deserves somewhat of a pass for the first year in this atmosphere, but Crawford has given no indication that he can handle the pressure moving forward.  I hope I'm wrong.  I like the guy and I think he is really trying.  Next year could be a fresh start for him, but Red Sox nation is going to kill him all offseason and this is only going to add to his pressure entering next season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Dont think anyone is putting all the blame on Crawful, but he definitely blew it not catching the flyball in the ninth...sort of the icing on the cake of an incredibly horrible season...absolutely inexcusable to not make that catch...I just really cannot believe how horrible an outfielder he is...mindboggling...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I wanted my 15 triples and 50 stolen bases and instead I got 7/18... pathetic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I see this board has found its new JD Drew!  Just in time, really looking forward to 6 more years of "Crawful" talk.  How many posts will there be about his body language, his contract or his effort?  Answer: about a billion. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I don't agree.

Crawford may have s*cked this year, and he's not worth the money, OK.

But to my knowledge he hasn't been laying around and making excuses and acting entitled like the rest of the team, from Drew to Agon and even Youk, with the inter=league whining about not having a DH.  Even Francona got into that one.  These guys won the World Series of Whining this year, and Crawford was one who actually tried, in a clumsy way, to be accountable.

I respect him.  Not so the others.

Sections
Shortcuts