The other side of the coin for tonight's matchup.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

The other side of the coin for tonight's matchup.

Regarding pitching woes for tonights game, Rays may have as big a headache as the Sox.

Consider first, the Sox have their #2, Lester (6-2 3.60 ERA) going on regular rest.  The Rays, on the other hand are going with Hernandez ( 3-6 5.03 ERA)

Advantage Sox.

In relief both team's relievers chalked up a  load of pitches last night (and this morning).

For the Rays, Torres 32, McGee 16, Rodney 33, Wright 24, Ramos 44.  Thus, Peralta 9, Farnsworth 8 would seem the logical first up in the pen tonight.

As for the Sox, pitches thrown, Taxawa 20, Mortenson 15, Bailey 32, Uehara 16, Morales 35.  So it would look like Breslow 5, and Miller 6 would be called upon first out of the pen.  I would also contend that Morales 35, who hasn't seen that much work of late should be able to go two nights in a row.

Advantage Sox.

Now if the Sox can get to Hernandez early as they did last night, it would really make Lester's job a way lot easier.  And I doubt he would squander the advantage as Lackey did last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: The other side of the coin for tonight's matchup.

In eight career starts at Tropicana Field, Lester is 5-1 with a 3.38 ERA.  

Rodney will not be doing his silly "Shoot the Moon" dance vs. the Red Sox because the Rays will get swept.   LOL

I think the Red Sox will win 5-3 tonight.   :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Lester had two very strong outings against the Rays already this season.  (14 IP 3 ER 10Ks 13 Hs 1 BB) and he's due for a win now.  Farnsworth might not be available tonight since he left last with injury.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In eight career starts at Tropicana Field, Lester is 5-1 with a 3.38 ERA.  

Rodney will not be doing his silly "Shoot the Moon" dance vs. the Red Sox because the Rays will get swept.   LOL

I think the Red Sox will win 5-3 tonight.   :)

I'm going with a W for the Sox, however, I think it will be a higher scoring game than 5-3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Lester had two very strong outings against the Rays already this season.  (14 IP 3 ER 10Ks 13 Hs 1 BB) and he's due for a win now.  Farnsworth might not be available tonight since he left last with injury.  

As usual, very observant. You're absolutely right.  Good catch.

All the more reason for the Rays having a 'migraine' if Hernandez can't put up some innings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A few fun facts   Laughing

• The Red Sox are 6-1 vs. the Rays so far this season
    • The Red Sox are hitting .346 with runners in scoring position vs. the Rays this season
    • The Rays are hitting only .129 with runners in scoring position vs. the Red Sox this season
    • Hernandez has given up nine homers in his last seven starts
    • Lester has 140 Ks vs. the Rays in his career

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Lester had two very strong outings against the Rays already this season.  (14 IP 3 ER 10Ks 13 Hs 1 BB) and he's due for a win now.  Farnsworth might not be available tonight since he left last with injury.  

Its also possible that the Rays have called up someone to bolster their pen too. I don't follow what they do, but my guess is that Maddon didn't leave the cupboard bare.

As usual, very observant. You're absolutely right.  Good catch.

All the more reason for the Rays having a 'migraine' if Hernandez can't put up some innings.

Sections
Shortcuts