Re: The Outfield
posted at 4/18/2012 3:29 PM EDT
In Response to Re: The Outfield
[QUOTE]In response to "Re: The Outfield": Why would have Coco Crisp, who clearly wants to play centerfield, ever considered signing with Boston when they have one of the best centerfielders in the game?
Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]
1) Unless he has a no trade clause, his opinion is irrelevant
2) Because Ellsbury is out for 1/2 the season
3) Because he's a professional and is willing to go where the team needs him
4) Because he's been around long enough to know that when you are an aging player on a non-competing team, getting traded is just "part of the business"
5) Because he still has a lot of friends on this team
7) Because he is still a great defensive outfielder
8) Because he has a better shot for a ring here than with Oakland
9) With two hurt outfielders and a platoon in right, he can earn steady playing time
10) He's far better than anyone else we are going to get
The only question is, what's the asking price?