1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: The pain of last night........

Me too Bill, that't why it isn't over until the final out. What blew my mind was giving up a 3 run homer to a light hitting 3rd baseman. Dempster pitched good last night, Uehara, Tazawa and Bailey did their jobs but Hanrahan threw 2 meatballs. Game over. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Bill: I was not at a loss for words, but none can be published. Fact: every team has this happen to them. Fact: over the years, the Sox have made this type of game an art form.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

'twas ugly. No doubt.

Dempster's performance was adequate. I really wish he'd get through 6-7 innings, instead of just five. We need our #3 to be a workhorse. Five inning games will wear out the bullpen, and only gets us 150-160 innings by the end of the year.

The bullpen, Hanrahan excepted, continues to impress. You get the feeling that any of Bailey/Uehara/Tazawa can come in under pressure and perform. Even Andrew Miller came through, if only for one out.

And the offense was good too. Most nights 5 runs will do the trick, so long as the closer doesn't implode.

The 2 errors cost his some extra pitches as well as 2 unearned runs. The 45min delay was why he didnt come out for the 6th inning. If those didnt happen, I could see him going 7.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

5 innings (would have gone more if not for the rain delay), 3 hits, 2 walks, 1 earned run, 7 K's...Dempster wasn't the problem last night.

Put this loss on the defense early on and Hanrahan and the ump in the 9th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Pretty bad loss, but I can get only so riled up either way in April.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Hanrahan's era in April is high.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

If he pitched better I could see him going 8

He pitched fine.  It was the rain delay that caused him to shorten his night.  He now has 15 K's on the year.  Dempster is getting a ton of swings and misses like has been getting since 2008.  

Dont be mad at Dempster, be mad that we wasted Dempsters effort.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox were a strike away,........TWICE,........from winning the ball game.  It hurt a lot.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

If he pitched better I could see him going 8

He pitched fine.  It was the rain delay that caused him to shorten his night.  He now has 15 K's on the year.  Dempster is getting a ton of swings and misses like has been getting since 2008.  

Dont be mad at Dempster, be mad that we wasted Dempsters effort.

+1

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

5 innings (would have gone more if not for the rain delay), 3 hits, 2 walks, 1 earned run, 7 K's...Dempster wasn't the problem last night.

I put the loss on #1: Hanrahan and #2: the defense. I am not going to blame the umps. Missed calls are part of the game and they generally even out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bill, Dad always said that Red Sox baseball is all about a nice day at the ballpark. It was a great day!

Dad was a wise man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I put the loss on #1: Hanrahan and #2: the defense. I am not going to blame the umps. Missed calls are part of the game and they generally even out.

No doubt. The missed calls are far from an excuse for Hanrahan's meltdown, but they did contribute to what happened in the 9th.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill it was a tough loss of that there is no doubt. But it's the time of year where you have the chance to learn from your mistakes, make adjustments, toughen up, and rally forward. Hopefully we will. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"but one spam thread."

How is it a spam thread? Bill's a Sox fan frustrated by the loss. Posting about that in a Sox forum. 

I fail to see the value in your know-it-all self-appointed forum regulator silliness. Since you have shown up here you have added absolutely nothing. Nada. To the baseball conversation. Other Sox fans are doing a fine job challenging Bill when needed without having you around popping up like a whack a mole. You need to move it on out. 

Yeah I am not a Bill fan myself, and won't be in his corner until he drops the political BS, but I"m definitely in his corner over your nagging absurdity. You're like a janitor obsessively vaccuming an abandoned hallway. Not a good look for you. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Has left me LOST for WORDS   !!!

And to think -- I thought there was nothing good about the loss.

Tongue Out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Dad liked that part of communal equality, regardess of race, gender, transgender, sexual proclivity, age, ethnicity, or poor economic class ancestry. When you think of it, it's no wonder that baseball is so popluar in China. 

Dad knew his stuff!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's a bad loss yes. The bright side, outside of Hanrahan's meltdown the team played pretty well, we still have a winning record and we still have tons of baseball to go. Plus if they decide to replace the closer we have some good internal options.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

You're right that Dempster wasn't the problem. And he might have come out for the 6th, but for the rain. But he was up to 93 pitches. I'd like to see a little more efficiency and longer outings.

The 2 errors cost Dempster about another innings worth of pitches. So Im guessing without the rain and 2 errors, I can see 7IP from him.

Sections
Shortcuts