1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

Re: The pain of last night........

yea my post was over emotional...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Most in this league can hit a dead red fastball at 98.  Last night, he had no late action on his fastball like he did in his first save this season (in which he looked legit). In his second save, he also gave up a solo bomb to center and then settled in.   Last night he got lit up.  I just think it's insufficient data yet...

Too bad he was one pitch away from his 100th save.  Two of those pitches last night were low strikes before the 3 run job.  On another night, with a different ump, we'd be singing more praises.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to soups' comment:

Most in this league can hit a dead red fastball at 98.  Last night, he had no late action on his fastball like he did in his first save this season (in which he looked legit). In his second save, he also gave up a solo bomb to center and then settled in.   Last night he got lit up.  I just think it's insufficient data yet...

Too bad he was one pitch away from his 100th save.  Two of those pitches last night were low strikes before the 3 run job.  On another night, with a different ump, we'd be singing more praises.

No blaming the umps. Hanrahan surrendered the HR, not the umps

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

if they had made the right call then it wouldn't have had to come to the HR pitch...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

An important attribute of a ballplayer is to be unflappable when a call doesn't go your way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

An important attribute of a ballplayer is to be unflappable when a call doesn't go your way.

Exactly.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think Dodgers fans felt greater pain than us Red Sox fans.   LOL

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Alas, as were the Yankees for years, then the Tampa Rays, it seems the Orioles have become "Our Daddy" !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

You really need to read someone's whole post, Pumpsie.

There was no blame.  If I'm going to blame an ump, I can do a lot better than that. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

If we miss the play-offs by one game I will remember this day!  I will never forgive him!

Burrito, 

Give me a break !! It's a 162 game season and over the course of a year players will make errors late in games, strike out at the plate, there will be blown saves again by Hanrahan or others. It's part of baseball. On the flip side the Sox will win games when players from the other teams make mistakes. 

I'm as suspect of Hanrahan as anybody but from what I understand he's had slow starts before. If he does well you'll be singing his praises later on. It's only April nine games into the season. If the Sox lose out of the playoffs by one game I'm sure there will be many more causes for late losses that we could look back on than just this one blown save so early in the season.

Hetch 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Why Eck and Mo were great Relief Pitchers, they didn't walk batters. Good relievers will get a 1st pitch strike and put the pressure on batter immediately. You wont see too may 3-2 counts with the good ones.

Yes and they both blew ocassinal save situations as well. Hanrahan was a successful closer in the NL which may or may not translate to success in the AL but give the man a break. It's only a few games into his career with Boston, no need to write him off so soon.

Hetch 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Has left me LOST for WORDS   !!!

you make a living of spam yourself...your no better than bill

but one spam thread.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts