The Perfect Hotdog?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

The Perfect Hotdog?

I like them grilled. With musta only, on a fresh roll.

How do you like your dogs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: The Perfect Hotdog?

Nathan's foot long - grilled

onions, mustard and relish

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

They have to be beef,natural casing grilled with a good mustard,relish and onions.Served on a buttered then grilled New England style roll.Real Onion Rings on the side.A few ice cold Buds would be nice too.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: The Perfect Hotdog?:
    [QUOTE]They have to be beef,natural casing grilled with a good mustard,relish and onions.Served on a buttered then grilled New England style roll.Real Onion Rings on the side.A few ice cold Buds would be nice too.  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

i concur 100%

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Those Italian sausages they serve from the wagons outside Fenway are tasty, though a little pricy.  I remember my surprise when I was at a game in 2005.  I ordered 3 of them for me and the family and handed the guy a twenty.  He smiled and told me I still owed him a dollar, but I could keep it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]They have to be beef,natural casing grilled with a good mustard,relish and onions.Served on a buttered then grilled New England style roll.Real Onion Rings on the side.A few ice cold Buds would be nice too.  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I agree. THat's the basic, can't miss way (has to be spicy brown mustard). Occasionally, I'll add ketchup for something different.

Then other times, I'll go with mustard, hot sauce, onions and horseradish (sometimes with cheese).

And other times, a good old dog with chili and onions can't miss either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to The Perfect Hotdog?:
    [QUOTE]I like them grilled. With musta only, on a fresh roll. How do you like your dogs?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Nothing against hot dogs, Lord knows I've eaten my share in the past, but lately I've taken to kielbasa" (Polish sausage) cooked on the outdoor charcoal grill. Some may add a variety of garnishes, but I like it plain on a bun in one hand and in the other hand, a can of ice-cold beer. 

And they don't make me faart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Perfect Hotdog? : Nothing against hot dogs, Lord knows I've eaten my share in the past, but lately I've taken to kielbasa" (Polish sausage) cooked on the outdoor charcoal grill. Some may add a variety of garnishes, but I like it plain on a bun in one hand and in the other hand, a can of ice-cold beer.  And they don't make me faart.
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

Heck, I'm up for all of it.

Good hot dogs, Italian sausage, kielbasa, a good brat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Boiled, then on the grill for a couple of minutes then on a lightly toasted roll with yellow mustard only........Better yet, get a mini sub roll and stuff 2 dogs in there for the very filling "Double Dog"..........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Silly me, I thought this was a OP about David Ortiz' very slow HR trot.

Grillled, with a grilled bun, sauerkraut and brown mustard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Silly me, I thought this was a OP about David Ortiz' very slow HR trot. Grillled, with a grilled bun, sauerkraut and brown mustard.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Not a big saurkraut guy. It's OK, but if I'm going to have it, throw it on a corned beef sandwich. That's fine. I'd rather go with onions on a dog than sauerkraut.

(You can't write leave the sauer off sauerkraut.  I tried to do that on the second reference, and got red-flagged. I guess BDC thought I was being offensive to sauerkraut.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

I like grilled dogs on a grilled bun, I usually put mayo, relish and Celery powder on them. But a good brat with sauerkraut nothing else. But my favorite is the sausage with peppers, onions with Ketchup and Mustard, for me nothing better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Coney Island. Nothin' on it. Compromises the taste.

Foot in mouth

Come to think of it, I can say the same about Spikecunn5's pic...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I like grilled hebrew nationals with ketchup, mustard and diced onions. They would be perfect with onion rings from eva's clam shack. However since you can only get those onion rings in Patten Maine and I'm currently in San Francisco California, I have to make do with the hot dogs. Sigh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I love pickles, but hate relish.
    I also don't like pickles on burgers.

My face dog?

Italian sausage with grilled onions and spicy brown mustard on a toasted with melted butter fresh sourdough bun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

real beef Dog only w/ natural casing, grilled( bun too) ,with spicy mustahd only...Cold Sam Adams (nothing else will do) and a smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

[QUOTE]I like grilled hebrew nationals with ketchup, mustard and diced onions. They would be perfect with onion rings from eva's clam shack. However since you can only get those onion rings in Patten Maine and I'm currently in San Francisco California, I have to make do with the hot dogs. Sigh.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Carnie, I'm in Sac, and have been bemoaning the fact that we can't get good New England style buns here.  Both Sarah Lee and Ball Park are soggy, soft and can't hold up to a good Nathan's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The Sabrett Dog with brown mustard and those Sabrett onions in the sauce.  Awesome!  Or, the Jimmy Buffs double Italian dog with mustard, ketchup, onions, peppers and deep fried potatoes!  If you are ever in NJ, Jimmy Buffs locations in Irvington, E. Hanover and West Orange are worth a visit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Stop folks!  You're making me hungry.  But ditto on the grilled hot dog bun (with just a tad of butter) - now I've got to take my drooling carcus into the kitchen for a bowl of Wheaties - but dogs on the menu later this afternoon!  GO SOX!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hay folks, I thought we were in to sports, not hot dogs. My two cents.

Well since I'm in the Midwest now in Milwaukee I'll take a good Bratwurst over a Hotdog anytime. Relish and horseradish mustard !!

Hetchinspete.

P.S.

Now I'm getting hungry. Must be because the Brewers might actually win some games this year. Still a Red Sox fan forever.   

Sections
Shortcuts