The Phillies believe there are at least three teams interested in Papelbon-a. do you want him back?b. who would you give up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Higbee. Show Higbee's posts

The Phillies believe there are at least three teams interested in Papelbon-a. do you want him back?b. who would you give up?

MLB Trade Rumors

Nick Cafaldo-The Phillies believe there are at least three teams — Red Sox, Tigers, and Cardinals — that may have some interest in Jonathan Papelbon at the trade deadline and the Phillies are scouting those teams with a potential deal in mind.  General Manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said last week that he’s not ready to “blow up” the Phillies, but a Papelbon trade could help retool the club.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: The Phillies believe there are at least three teams interested in Papelbon-a. do you want him back?b. who would you give up?

In response to Higbee's comment:

MLB Trade Rumors

Nick Cafaldo-The Phillies believe there are at least three teams — Red Sox, Tigers, and Cardinals — that may have some interest in Jonathan Papelbon at the trade deadline and the Phillies are scouting those teams with a potential deal in mind.  General Manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said last week that he’s not ready to “blow up” the Phillies, but a Papelbon trade could help retool the club.

Only if the deal could be expanded to include LEE  .......   BTW,  "Higbee", is that you SOFTY ????????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: The Phillies believe there are at least three teams interested in Papelbon-a. do you want him back?b. who would you give up?

MLB Trade Rumors

I think the bigger, oft-overlooked question is 'would Pap be content returning to Boston?' given his previous eagerness to leave for greener pastures.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

MLB Trade Rumors

I think the bigger, oft-overlooked question is 'would Pap be content returning to Boston?' given his previous eagerness to leave for greener pastures.

That's a good question. 

I think Pap would be would be okay coming back. There was really real problems between him and the front office or him and he fans.

He left for $$$ and years and I think he would be ok coming back to Boston. I for one wouldn't mind seeing him return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not want Boston to give up top young prospects for Papelbon. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

MLB Trade Rumors

Only if the deal could be expanded to include LEE  .......   BTW,  "Higbee", is that you SOFTY ????????

PIKE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

MLB Trade Rumors

PIKE

Thanks J-BAY !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

MLB Trade Rumors

I think it would be too costly both in terms of prospects and payroll to get both Lee and Papelbon.

based on this team's needs I would save Paps fills a bigger need.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would be all for paps coming back, wouldnt give up a ton for him though. he makes alot of money and prior to the last 3 games, bailey and pap's number were quite similar. if we could get a deal in place for paps for a reasonable price and find a seperate deal for bailey, then things could get interesting. i could see st.louis having interest in bailey and they have good prospects. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Paps won't be back....that ship has sailed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

1 Ranaudo POR 2.15 2 Owens SAL 3.03 3 Britton POR 3.08  

4 Barnes POR 5.87

For Paps and Lee
    BUT do you want to take on 25M and 13M thru 2016

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's a little bit like stopping by the pharmacy before stopping by the doctor.  We need to wait until we see what we need.  I don't have full faith in either Lester or Bailey, but at this point in time, I thnk our need for another ace trumps our need for an upgrade at closer, and by a fair amount.  I'd wait to see what we need in mid-July, unless a good deal falls in our lap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Before the Red Sox decide to bring back Papelbon, he needs to tell us where the baseball from the 2007 World Series really is.  "My dog ate it." is a pretty lame explanation.   LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't want Pap back unless someone could guarantee the Sox a playoff birth. If we don't have a rotation capable of getting us to the closer there is no need for a one inning closer. The Phils see that therefore they try to unload Pap.

In addition he doesn't want to come back.

If we talk about 3 of 4 players listed: WMB, Wilson,  Britton and Gomes for Lee or something close to that I would consider it.

No, No, No thank you on Pap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Jim from Fla ???

You want to trade over half the stud pitchers on the farm for :  a guy who'll be 35 in August, contract runs two more years  PLUS an option buyout, so probably costs $ 31 million / year for 2014 and 2015,

and a 32 yr-old closer who was on the downslope two years ago when we let him walk. Remember the NL east isn't the AL east.

Your whole plan looks so anti- or against what Ben Cherrington appears to be trying to do that I'm perplexed. We certainly could use some pitching help, but let's not spend the 401-K money on a vacation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Last memory of Pap on the mound in Baltimore. I don't want a repeat performance in 2013.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

It's a little bit like stopping by the pharmacy before stopping by the doctor.  We need to wait until we see what we need.  I don't have full faith in either Lester or Bailey, but at this point in time, I thnk our need for another ace trumps our need for an upgrade at closer, and by a fair amount.  I'd wait to see what we need in mid-July, unless a good deal falls in our lap.

Simpatico on that Joe.  What I think the Red Sox need is a top of the rotation starter to get well into the Post-season----what they had in Lomborg in '67, Schilling in '04 and Beckett in '07.  Right now we may have one is Clay Buchholz but he seems to be made of crepe paper and always seems to fall apart for some wierd reason.  I still think we have enough in the pen, but winning teams win with starting pitching and I think at least 2/5 of our rotation is shaky at best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

SP>closer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No I don't.   Big bucks for a closer makes no sense to me.  The Sox were right the first time. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

If we are going to trade with the Phillies it should be for Lee not Papelbon..I ilke Paps and do not have alot of confidence in Bailey, but I think the Phillies would want a significant amount more for Pap than they would for Lee(due to Lee's contract) and with Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa and the lefties.....the sox BP is pretty good......our Starting pitcvhing on the other hand needs an Ace......Lester has not been one....Buch has all the injury woes....Lee can be that guy....dependable evry 5th day guy who goes deep into games and has a low ERA...will make our BP better.....plus I could see a guy like De La Rosa. geeting soem time in September 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I don't want Pap back unless someone could guarantee the Sox a playoff birth. If we don't have a rotation capable of getting us to the closer there is no need for a one inning closer. The Phils see that therefore they try to unload Pap.

In addition he doesn't want to come back.

If we talk about 3 of 4 players listed: WMB, Wilson,  Britton and Gomes for Lee or something close to that I would consider it.

No, No, No thank you on Pap.

actually paps said he would be Ok coming back here in an interview when the Phills were here. I still think a starter is much more important right now. Id wait to make any final decisions until mid-July though. A lot can happen between now and then.

Sections
Shortcuts