The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee

Congrats Cards. Congrats to the Brew crew as well. What a game though between the Cards and the Phills.

Darling should be fired.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee

Finally some new blood going fwd.  Tired of the Phillies.  Tired of the Yanks. 

Great night of ball.  Gonna be a few great series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Texas vs. Detroit, Milwaukee vs. St. Louis ... Fox must be so thrilled.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Finally I don't have to hear any more about Phillies pitching. I guess the best pitching staff can't always get you out of the first round. What a duel tonight though. Great baseball.

If only the pre-season hype for the Sox and the Phills did not happen, then these losses would be so much easier to take. But because of all the pre-season World Series hype for these 2 teams, it hits the fans so hard.

Congrats to the remaining 4.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I have no feelings for Philly one way or the other, but I LOATHE the Cardinals about as much as I do NYY. (I have my reasons) Dont like the Brewers much either, but have no choice but to pull for them. After that, I'll pull for whoever comes out of the AL. STL was the only team from he NL I didn't want to see advance. Had such good fortune with my AL preferences, I guess this is the price I pay. Its really gonna suck if the Cardinals win the WS almost as loud as if TB/NYY had won.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Good year for Middle America ...  three Central Division teams still in the running and the remaining team from the Central Time Zone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

WOW!  Did I already say "WOW"?

Great in a way, I like the Phillies enough, but for the sake of baseball it would be good to see Detroit or Milwaukee win. I have no love for St. Louis having beat the Sox twice in the WS already. Plus the Cardinals have actually won a number of titles.

I will root for the Tigers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee:
    I have no feelings for Philly one way or the other, but I LOATHE the Cardinals about as much as I do NYY. (I have my reasons) Dont like the Brewers much either, but have no choice but to pull for them. After that, I'll pull for whoever comes out of the AL. STL was the only team from he NL I didn't want to see advance. Had such good fortune with my AL preferences, I guess this is the price I pay. Its really gonna suck if the Cardinals win the WS almost as loud as if TB/NYY had won.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Same with me. I hope the Brewers blow St. Louis away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

So can we all agree that there are no guarantees no matter what kind of team you have. The Phillies had the "best pitching" staff supposedly and even they didn't make it.

It takes a good overall team and a bit of luck.

Too bad though. I like Charlie Manuel so I was rooting for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

whatever. Can we all agree that if you spend $150 million your nealry always will make the play-offs? Can we also agree that limits the chances of 2/3 the league to ever make it in? Can we also agree that basbeall is ruining itself?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why is baseball ruining itself?
    Upsets are good for those who don't predicate over-spending, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee : Same with me. I hope the Brewers blow St. Louis away.
    Posted by harness

Look at it this way; Pha fans, for some reason, are considered the most obnoxious & miserable, followed by NY/Bos/Chi (in no particular order)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee : Look at it this way; Pha fans, for some reason, are considered the most obnoxious & miserable, followed by NY/Bos/Chi (in no particular order)
    Posted by nhsteven

Cardinals fans are horrendous. Would you believe it? They are STILL whining about game one from 2004. They say if they'd won that game, they'd have won the WS. Not bloody likely. In the Brandon Phillips vs STL debate, I'm with Brandon. Cardinals fans and their announcers whine worse than any other I've heard, and Larussa leads the charge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Basball unlike football fails itself when one team has a payroll of 40 mil, and an another 200 mil. It fails when teams like NY and now Boston essentially will always (NEARLY in some years) make the play-offs.

It is not a stretch to at least give NY and Boston, and Philly an auto matic spot in the play-offs for 2012. It is not a stretch to make a list of 10 teams that have ZERO chance of making it next year. 0 chance.

Baseball fails itself when a team drafts, farms, and breaks in a player just so that player can leave on the cusp of his prime and go sign with the same 5 or 6 teams.

Was there ever a chance of KC, Cleveland, or Florida signing Cliff Lee ot Carl Crawford. Nope. There was zero chance.

Without further debate just ask yourself this, would it not be better if a team like Cleveland could afford to keep Manny, Cliff Lee, and Sabathia?  

All 3 of those players ended up you know where, with the big boys.

How about KC keeping Damon and Beltran, or Pittsburgh keeping John Smiley, Bonilla and Barry Bonds, ... etc.,

The A's? Another team that still might be going to the play-offs this very year had they not been forced to part ways with so many excellent players the past 10 years.  Remember the Twins and A's in the 80's and 90's? All the good players were more than willing to go there and play. Not anymore.  

The Twins are not like Boston, when they inked up Mauer that was it man. There is no AGOn, Crawford and Beckett coming there way in 2012, they cannot make thos sort of moves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee : Cardinals fans are horrendous. Would you believe it? They are STILL whining about game one from 2004. They say if they'd won that game, they'd have won the WS. Not bloody likely. In the Brandon Phillips vs STL debate, I'm with Brandon. Cardinals fans and their announcers whine worse than any other I've heard, and Larussa leads the charge.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Didn't know that; I know, though, that way back when (more than 60 yrs ago), before there was a RSN, there was a CN; anywhere south and west of StL was Cardinal Territory.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Upsets are great for everyone but the network airing the playoffs.  If it ends up being Detroit and Milwaukee who is really going to watch?  Advertisers must be having some real tough decisions to make also since there is almost no major market team in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Basball unlike football fails itself when one team has a payroll of 40 mil, and an another 200 mil. It fails when teams like NY and now Boston essentially will always (NEARLY in some years) make te play-offs. It is not a stretch to at least give NY and Boston, and Philly an auto matic spot in the play-offs for 2012. It is not a stretch to make a list of 10 teams that have ZERO chance of making it next year. Baseball fails itself when a team drafts, farms, and breaks in a player just so that player can leave on the cusp of his prime and go sign with the same 5 or 6 teams. Was there ever a chance of KC, Cleveland, or Florida signing Cliff Lee ot Carl Crawford. Nope. There was zero chance. Without further debate just ask yourself this, would it not be better if a team like Cleveland could afford to keep Manny, Cliff Lee, and Sabathia?   All 3 of those players ended up you know where, with the big boys. How about KC keeping Damon and Beltran, or Pittsburgh keeping John Smiley, Bonilla and Barry Bonds, ... etc., The A's? Another team that still might be going to the play-offs this very year had they not been forced to part ways with so many excellent players the past 10 years.   Remember the Twins and A's in the 80's and 90's? All the good players were more than willing to go there and play. Not anymore.  
    Posted by BurritoT

Except the Marlins have won 2 WS in the last 15 yrs; one over the Yankees. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes and admittedly they did their best to buy the first one didn't they NH? I don't know why people think that is a good argument. Now tell us I am wrong because the Rays made it in and that must mean baseball is doing just fine.  Tell us where 99% of the last Marlins WSC team is, they are no longer with the Marlins.

Maybe next year the Royals make it and they contend for 3 or 4 years before RE-BUILDING again, and you will be there to tell us how all is right in MLB.

I suppose you enjoy the tough competition your team faces yearly, how they have to claw their way to a play-off spot, how they have to really work their tales off to get somewhere and all has to fall just right in order to get those hard to come by play-off spots.

Let's face it NY really is an amazing success story all things being equal. Really impressed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes and admittedly they did their best to buy the first one didn't they NH? I don't know why people think that is a good argument. Now tell us I am wrong because the Rays made it in and that must mean baseball is doing just fine.  Tell us where 99% of the last Marlins WSC team is, they are no longer with the Marlins. Maybe next year the Royals make it and they contend for 3 or 4 years before RE-BUILDING again, and you will be there to tell us how all is right in MLB. I suppose you enjoy the tough competition your team faces yearly, how they have to claw their way to a play-off spot, how they have to really work their tales off to get somewhere and all has to fall just right in order to get those hard to come by play-off spots. Let's face it NY really is an amazing success story all things being equal. Really impressed.
    Posted by BurritoT

That wasn't necessary; sarcasm is not your strong suit, BTW.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Being right appears to be my strong suit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Basball unlike football fails itself when one team has a payroll of 40 mil, and an another 200 mil. It fails when teams like NY and now Boston essentially will always (NEARLY in some years) make the play-offs. It is not a stretch to at least give NY and Boston, and Philly an auto matic spot in the play-offs for 2012. It is not a stretch to make a list of 10 teams that have ZERO chance of making it next year. 0 chance. Baseball fails itself when a team drafts, farms, and breaks in a player just so that player can leave on the cusp of his prime and go sign with the same 5 or 6 teams. Was there ever a chance of KC, Cleveland, or Florida signing Cliff Lee ot Carl Crawford. Nope. There was zero chance. Without further debate just ask yourself this, would it not be better if a team like Cleveland could afford to keep Manny, Cliff Lee, and Sabathia?   All 3 of those players ended up you know where, with the big boys. How about KC keeping Damon and Beltran, or Pittsburgh keeping John Smiley, Bonilla and Barry Bonds, ... etc., The A's? Another team that still might be going to the play-offs this very year had they not been forced to part ways with so many excellent players the past 10 years.   Remember the Twins and A's in the 80's and 90's? All the good players were more than willing to go there and play. Not anymore.   The Twins are not like Boston, when they inked up Mauer that was it man. There is no AGOn, Crawford and Beckett coming there way in 2012, they cannot make thos sort of moves.
    Posted by BurritoT

You echo my thoughts as well.
    The game is tainted with an unfair playing field.
    It was that way too when they drew the color line.

But there's still room for upsets. And if certain owners didn't pocket revenue sharing, the landscape would be that much more competitive.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Being right appears to be my strong suit.
    Posted by BurritoT

Well I'm glad you cleared that up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

The ESPN "experts" were right   ........ again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview/2011/news/story?page=11expertpicks

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Finally I don't have to hear any more about Phillies pitching. I guess the best pitching staff can't always get you out of the first round. What a duel tonight though. Great baseball. If only the pre-season hype for the Sox and the Phills did not happen, then these losses would be so much easier to take. But because of all the pre-season World Series hype for these 2 teams, it hits the fans so hard. Congrats to the remaining 4.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Agree that since the Phillies were supposed to have the best pitching staff in MLB it didn't really matter much when they got to the playoffs.  Another consideration is that St Louis shouldn't even be their, but like the Red Sox the Braves also collapsed in the final month of the season.   I still believe that the TV ratings will be influenced since the Phillies, Red Sox and Yankees  were all eliminated. 

Sections
Shortcuts