The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee

Last night's game was great. I am a Chris Carpenter fan and it was great to see him go 9 innings and fight to bring his team into the NLCS.His biggest problem all season has been the lack of run support he gets from the offense..but last night he sure didn't need it. Always nice to see the local guy do well.
    I think it will be an interesting matchup with the Brewers..but I am leaning towards the Cardinals coming out on top.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee:
    [QUOTE]Last night's game was great. I am a Chris Carpenter fan and it was great to see him go 9 innings and fight to bring his team into the NLCS.His biggest problem all season has been the lack of run support he gets from the offense..but last night he sure didn't need it. Always nice to see the local guy do well. I think it will be an interesting matchup with the Brewers..but I am leaning towards the Cardinals coming out on top.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

I also believe that St. Louis has the best chance of advancing to the World Series this year.   Although, anything can happen in the playoffs.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToshUK. Show ToshUK's posts

Man, those suckers don't know their a'ss from First Base!

They were smoked man. Smoked!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee : I also believe that St. Louis has the best chance of advancing to the World Series this year.   Although, anything can happen in the playoffs.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

RE: "Although, anything can happen in the playoffs. " You are so correct, Susan !

What hurts is that in a short series a team can get hot and a hot team, cold. With the Rays, Yankees & Phillies out, hate to open up old wounds and I remember many saying we are just as lucky we didn't make it as we'd have been swept, saved the humiliation etc. but I'd have liked us to have been there &
    WHO KNOWS !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

good..new blood

rootin for Detroit and St Louis

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Phillies lose theeeeeee Phillies loseeeeeeeeeee : You echo my thoughts as well. The game is tainted with an unfair playing field. It was that way too when they drew the color line. But there's still room for upsets. And if certain owners didn't pocket revenue sharing, the landscape would be that much more competitive.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

The game has always been tainted, if that's what you want to call it. This is competitive sports. Teams that have advantages will always use them and build upon them. As Bill-806 would say, THIS ISN'T T-BALL. Every level of sports I have ever observed has always involved teams using every advantage at their disposal. This starts in Little League. We learn early in life that the best play with the best and always take home the trophy. You can't artificially level the playing field. Please give me one example in sports of "fair" competition. The only fairness we should be concerned about is that teams do not cheat.

In the old days of baseball, there were always second division teams breaking in the talent for the same top teams as well. Nothing has changed. Whether competition is fair or not is not an issue. Competition, by it's very nature, is not concerned with fairness. It is only concerned with winning and losing, and no one likes to lose. That is one of the sad facts of competitive sports. Would you be happy if the Sox go into a period of decline because fairness dictates other teams should have an equal chance at winning?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I have no feelings for Philly one way or the other, but I LOATHE the Cardinals about as much as I do NYY. (I have my reasons) Dont like the Brewers much either, but have no choice but to pull for them. After that, I'll pull for whoever comes out of the AL. STL was the only team from he NL I didn't want to see advance. Had such good fortune with my AL preferences, I guess this is the price I pay. Its really gonna suck if the Cardinals win the WS almost as loud as if TB/NYY had won.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    At least you have reasons. All my life I've disliked the Cardinals and I have no idea why.
    I was hoping the Phillies would do it because my oldest son likes them a lot (No. 2 to the Sox, of course) and their players seem cool. But I'm pulling for the Tigers, for obvious reasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i was wrong on this one, i thought they would hold on...nice job by the Cards..