The pinchrunner made the difference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

The pinchrunner made the difference

Varitek probably doesn't score on the Ellsbury game-winning hit and might have been held at third.  I'm not implying that it was a brilliant managerial move.  It was just cool that an untypical substitution could be the margin of difference.  Things like this make baseball great, especially when your team wins. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Re: The pinchrunner made the difference

Yeah.  You are right.  WHat could be a minor change can be the difference.  One never knows until it happens!  I also felt that Tek wouldn't have made it on that hit, but it's pretty moot now.  Good win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Cue the Tito haters!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

I totally agree Sheriff.. Im no Tito apologist, and i disagree with some of his moves or lack there of, but I was saying on the game thread he made a few good moves tonite and they all worked out.. I agreed with him removing Beckett when he did because Josh warmed up twice as well!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

And the Bogar haters should take notice. He challenged the Indians to make a clean play and they didn't. The throw isn't way up the 1B line Salty is dead at home. Let's keep that in mind the next time a team does make the perfect play to nail a guy at home.

I find myself saying this all over the place tonight. Percentages. The RS play percentages and situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Actually I made a post a couple of seconds after you about the same topic. Tried to delete it.

Anyhows, is that the best the Sox can do in pinch running situations! And I'm far from being a negative dude.

Yeah it worked out, and yeah Salty was probably the fastest player on the bench, but sometimes you get bang-bang plays at home plate where speed can make the difference.

Yeah you can hate me.
    Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: The pinchrunner made the difference:
    Actually I made a post a couple of seconds after you about the same topic. Tried to delete it. Anyhows, is is that the best the Sox can do in pinch running situations! And I'm far from being a negative dude. Yeah it worked out, and yeah Salty was probably the fastest player on the bench, but sometimes you get bang-bang plays at home plate where speed can make the difference. Yeah you can hate me.
    Posted by The-dude

Tito had already used the bench because of Reddick for DMAC.  Scutaro was available in case.  It was the right move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Actually I made a post a couple of seconds after you about the same topic. Tried to delete it. Anyhows, is is that the best the Sox can do in pinch running situations! And I'm far from being a negative dude. Yeah it worked out, and yeah Salty was probably the fastest player on the bench, but sometimes you get bang-bang plays at home plate where speed can make the difference. Yeah you can hate me.
    Posted by The-dude
    If Youk doesn't get tossed they'd have gone with Scoot I am sure and then put Salty in Avilles spot in the line-up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Tito made the right decision. I'm not complaining about Tito. All I'm wondering is whether having speed on the bench is worth having. I say yeah.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Posted by The-dude

As I stated on your thread, Salty was the only player on the bench. 

I don't know what "hate" has got to do with it (cue Tina Turner). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Nice win and I'm happy Salty made it to the plate a tenth of a second before a terrible throw still almost got him however... With bases loaded 1 out and Pedroia then A-GON coming up I still think it was a terrible call by Bogar. That is the kind of move you make when the bottom of the lineup is coming up, not your best hitters !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Nice win and I'm happy Salty made it to the plate a tenth of a second before a terrible throw still almost got him however... With bases loaded 1 out and Pedroia then A-GON coming up I still think it was a terrible call by Bogar. That is the kind of move you make when the bottom of the lineup is coming up, not your best hitters !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL

The throw wasn't terrible IMO but was off to the firstbase side of the plate. A better throw would have had the runner.The bases weren't loaded since Salty scored from second. Bogar made a decision  and the throw was not perfect. End of story. I'm glad that you are happy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to The pinchrunner made the difference:
    Varitek probably doesn't score on the Ellsbury game-winning hit and might have been held at third.  I'm not implying that it was a brilliant managerial move.  It was just cool that an untypical substitution could be the margin of difference.  Things like this make baseball great, especially when your team wins. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas

Yes, but you are dismissing Tek's CBRA (catcher's base-running average:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to The pinchrunner made the difference : Yes, but you are dismissing Tek's CBRA (catcher's base-running average:)
    Posted by harness

Careful, Big Brother is watching.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: The pinchrunner made the difference : The throw wasn't terrible IMO but was off to the firstbase side of the plate. A better throw would have had the runner.The bases weren't loaded since Salty scored from second. Bogar made a decision  and the throw was not perfect. End of story. I'm glad that you are happy.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Right, but what LaGator was saying was that the bases would have been loaded for Pedroia. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

Cue the Tito haters!
    Posted by jimdavis

hey jimbo,

take a break from trying to be the perfect fan; you're totally boring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

Actually I made a post a couple of seconds after you about the same topic. Tried to delete it. Anyhows, is that the best the Sox can do in pinch running situations! And I'm far from being a negative dude. Yeah it worked out, and yeah Salty was probably the fastest player on the bench, but sometimes you get bang-bang plays at home plate where speed can make the difference. Yeah you can hate me.
    Posted by The-dude

here's an idea; based on the premise that jd crawford can't hit or play much defense, why not make him a permanent pinch runner.
    that way he can get on base w/o hitting the ball, and ,who knows, he might even steal a base.
    i like that, a 130 million dollar pinch runner. that just smells of excess.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: The pinchrunner made the difference : hey jimbo, take a break from trying to be the perfect fan; you're totally boring.
    Posted by the___yazzer

You are the one who is boring...one trick pony...jd crawford, that's not boring, is it?  Don't like what I type, don't read it.  Totally!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: The pinchrunner made the difference : hey jimbo, take a break from trying to be the perfect fan; you're totally boring.
    Posted by the___yazzer

Here is boring, The last few posts from the Yazzer:
    well, hammah, you're a total fraud as an intelligent poster.
    you're living proof that one can live in a metropolis and still be a redneck.

what you mean 'we,' palin brains?

watching SLACKEY pitch. please add your own examples; and theo boot-lickers, please make sure you abuse the OP.

"the colon and garcia fools gold." well, they're better than the gold the sox's fool , theo, gave SLACKEY.

hey god, pull  my finger.

i disagree; i'm putting my money on jd crawford, with SLACKEY  a close second.

disregard fivekatz; he's just another theo boot-licker. he's quite wordy, but all he ever says is that theo is a god; bow to the mighty theo.

maybe he's a clueless SOX fan; in which case he'll fit perfectly on this board.

~The Yazzer

And you have the nerve to call anyone else boring?  Look in the mirror, toolbox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Posted by ALaGatorAL

Are you assuming that Ellsbury would have gotten on somehow for the bases to be loaded? I don't get it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: The pinchrunner made the difference : The throw wasn't terrible IMO but was off to the firstbase side of the plate. A better throw would have had the runner.The bases weren't loaded since Salty scored from second. Bogar made a decision  and the throw was not perfect. End of story. I'm glad that you are happy.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

Don't know where to begin... First off, If Salty is held at third the bases would have been loaded. Second, if you thought that throw was off by just a little I suggest getting your eyes examined. Last, Bogar's decisions are historically incorrect, this time he found the Acorn !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

great post Jim. proof positive that the ignore button works great.

I'd like to send out kudo's to Tek for coming through with the basehit to even give us a chance to win it in the 9th. loved watching our guys jumping all over salty and els. positive momentum really does work. too bad that josh once again did not get the w for a great pitched game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

It sounds to me like ALaGator is more of a Red Sox basher than a fan. It is nearly impossible for him to be happy. He's only happy when he is miserable. Might he be a closet Yankee troll or just a concern troll?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I see that you took MikeyintheBronx out of mothballs for the weekend series and the home stretch. Is it going to be another rendition of Good Cop ( Mikey) and Bad Cop ( Babe) like it was before? Did Harness give you the green light? The forum is getting too smart for your games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

A good throw nails Salty at the plate.
    I was surprised to even see Varitek hitting. As soon as Beckett was lifted, I figured Salty would have hit for Tek the previous AB.

Sections
Shortcuts