The pinchrunner made the difference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: The pinchrunner made the difference

In Response to The pinchrunner made the difference:
    [QUOTE]Varitek probably doesn't score on the Ellsbury game-winning hit and might have been held at third.  I'm not implying that it was a brilliant managerial move.  It was just cool that an untypical substitution could be the margin of difference.  Things like this make baseball great, especially when your team wins. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

I agree and will probably get beat up for giving Terry credit again but Tek would have never scored.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

a good pinch runner sub, a ballsy send sign, and a great slide by salty...cant believe people are complaining about sending him...we need to play aggressively in the late innings - not sit back and wait for our stars to deliver game winning walk off hits...good for Terry! I support this move 100% and as all of you know - I'm pretty much right all the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: The pinchrunner made the difference:
    [QUOTE]a good pinch runner sub, a ballsy send sign, and a great slide by salty...cant believe people are complaining about sending him...we need to play aggressively in the late innings - not sit back and wait for our stars to deliver game winning walk off hits...good for Terry! I support this move 100% and as all of you know - I'm pretty much right all the time.
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Besides the last line, I'm with you!  Ha ha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to Re: The pinchrunner made the difference:
    [QUOTE]A good throw nails Salty at the plate. I was surprised to even see Varitek hitting. As soon as Beckett was lifted, I figured Salty would have hit for Tek the previous AB.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Ike Tito played a hunch & it worked out, however even a bad throw would have gotten Salty that thing was a mile wide, sometimes you need breaks like that to win a game  Sox won thats all that matters

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

It was an awesome slide, Salty was an everyday superman there, it looked really cool, and we won the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

I like Tito and I am happy with the win.  I will say, though, that if Reddick started (as he should have) then DMac would have been the pinch runner and the play wouldn't have been as close.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it did make the difference. thank you, Dave Roberts

Sections
Shortcuts