1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: The Postseason Board

And

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

It's a fraternity of posters here who post on other boards Red Sox/Yankee dual boards together. Are you saying you're not a member of that group? You know, the ones who appreciate Pinstripezac's pics that mock Sox fans, like right in this thread, mocking me, a Sox fan on a Sox board.

I'm not a member of any group.  The only two boards I post on these days are this one and Talksox.  There are very few Yankee fans on Talksox and the one who posts there the most takes a merciless beating from the Sox fans.

I hope this clears it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Kim....I completely agree with you. I follow Twitter much more than I follow this forum and the vibe is completely different. I've used the word "cliquey" before and I think that still applies. I think there is a group of posters on this site who frequently attack others who don't share their beliefs. I think that is one of the reasons you don't see a lot of new posters on this board. Another reason you don't see a lot of new posters is because the minute a new poster puts up a comment that doesn't tow the "BDC Sox Forum Party Line"..that poster is accused of being someone named Pike..or any of the other posters who no longer post here.

I told a contractor I work with about this forum. He signed up, added a few comments..was immediately accused of being someone else..called a clown by the resident troll and asked me if I had played a joke on him.

THAT's the impression this board left on a newbie..lol

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

What I got is a thread that's still here. More than I could hope for with your entourage looking for any reason to delete things that bother your group. It has happened in the past. Hopefully, we can make the past, the actual past. That to me, is a step in the right direction.

It's so cool to find out I'm in an entourage, a group, a fraternity.  I really didn't know this till you told me. 

It's a fraternity of posters here who post on other boards Red Sox/Yankee dual boards together. Are you saying you're not a member of that group? You know, the ones who appreciate Pinstripezac's pics that mock Sox fans, like right in this thread, mocking me, a Sox fan on a Sox board.

Again, I'm not seeing the issue.  I discuss Philly issues with my friend that is a Philly fan, the Nats with someone who is a Nats' fan, and the EE with people that are NYY' fans.  And they discuss the RS with me.

FWIW, I am a RS fan and a BB fan.  I like to discuss and debate both.  Is it your intention to discuss only the RS, and only with people that agree with you?  I remember on a previous RS site, one of the RS 'fans' would say 'Tek is going to K' and the next RS 'fan' would say 'LOL, I predict that Papi will K'.  To which the lone remaining RS 'fan' in the site would post 'ROTFLMAO, I think Ells will K'.  And it would go in circles like that for hours at a clip between the three of them.

Is that what you want in here?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Your favorite poster Zac, for instance, likes to think that he's here to keep Red Sox fans honest.  Truth of the matter is, we allow him to stay here so that we can educate him.  ;-)

LOL

I wonder if KST wants to know

what I learnt so far

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

What I got is a thread that's still here. More than I could hope for with your entourage looking for any reason to delete things that bother your group. It has happened in the past. Hopefully, we can make the past, the actual past. That to me, is a step in the right direction.

It's so cool to find out I'm in an entourage, a group, a fraternity.  I really didn't know this till you told me. 

I've never considered you a part of the "clique" that I referred to. I think your comments are very balanced for the most part, fair and conducive to good sports talk.  I don't always agree with your points...but I've never seen you take things to a personal and nasty level.. Kim is spot on when she talks about "the lockdown on what certain posters on this site believe is acceptable for Red Sox fans". It's irritating and if it weren't for a few posters who I've really enjoyed reading over the past few months..I'd bypass this board altogether.

My point and I think Kims point..is a newbie to this board generally doesn't get the opportunity to be able to see that there are more welcoming posters on this board and that it should all be in good fun..because they are generally attacked and insulted right out of the starting gate.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

Kim....I completely agree with you. I follow Twitter much more than I follow this forum and the vibe is completely different. I've used the word "cliquey" before and I think that still applies. I think there is a group of posters on this site who frequently attack others who don't share their beliefs. I think that is one of the reasons you don't see a lot of new posters on this board. Another reason you don't see a lot of new posters is because the minute a new poster puts up a comment that doesn't tow the "BDC Sox Forum Party Line"..that poster is accused of being someone named Pike..or any of the other posters who no longer post here.

I told a contractor I work with about this forum. He signed up, added a few comments..was immediately accused of being someone else..called a clown by the resident troll and asked me if I had played a joke on him.

I know what is up with accusing Kim of being married to Pike.  Who is Pike anyway? Who cares?

I literally have no idea who Pike is.  I also have no idea why anyone would care if Kim is married..let alone who she is married to. My guess is the marriage thing only comes up because of the chauvanists on the board.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Exactly. And who doesn't follow Twitter? That's what the UNIVERSE has to say. And the Red Sox were trending during their games. They were blowing up!

Like your friend and his experience, that was the impression I got when I came here. I was attacked by Yankee fans and Sox fans on this site for posting negative comments about the umpires in the Yankees' games. They were fired btw long after my comments. But this group is controlling the whole forum. If they don't like you, look out. And they don't like you if you don't follow along with their rules. Their Yankee fan pals can even stalk posters who dare to say anything about the Yankees, and their friends never say a word -- even if it goes on and on. It's all about what Sox posters are deemed "evil" here. I've yet to see a rival team fan who's account wasn't reinstated after multiple abuses, or wasn't welcomed back with open arms to the forum after their return from being banned multiple times for abusing Sox posters.

I know an diehard Sox fan who was banned for saying negative things about the Yankees, because it upset Yankee fans here. I mean, "what?" Why would that even be a consideration? This has to stop, and they have to let Sox fans express their feelings here, whatever they are. Happy, ecstatic over the moon or even any negative feelings about our competition. It's really only normal, especially for sports fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I literally have no idea who Pike is. 

and there's the rub

your concern 4 how newbies are treated has merit

thing is

those accusing a newbie of being pike usually have more merit

BTW others have already accused The4040club as being pike

so the question becomes

is he playing U or R U playing us

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Again, I'm not seeing the issue.  I discuss Philly issues with my friend that is a Philly fan, the Nats with someone who is a Nats' fan, and the EE with people that are NYY' fans.  And they discuss the RS with me.

FWIW, I am a RS fan and a BB fan.  I like to discuss and debate both.  Is it your intention to discuss only the RS, and only with people that agree with you?  I remember on a previous RS site, one of the RS 'fans' would say 'Tek is going to K' and the next RS 'fan' would say 'LOL, I predict that Papi will K'.  To which the lone remaining RS 'fan' in the site would post 'ROTFLMAO, I think Ells will K'.  And it would go in circles like that for hours at a clip between the three of them.

Have you read my post in Max's thread where he asked why there was no excitement about the playoffs. That's what I want here:

I feel a Red Sox board, especially on Boston.com, where it shouldn't be able to annoy other fans like on other sites with multiple teams, you should able to be happy, ecstatic and over the moon without worrying about other teams' fans feeling "taunted". You should also be able to enjoy the rivalry and take shots at them if you feel like it. Again, without annoying rival teams' fans. IMO this site should be for Red Sox fans and whatever they're feeling.

There is a group, and you could be one of them, I don't know, who feels we're a dual board because of all the Yankee posters here. I'm fine with Yankee posters being here, but when they are in charge of what's acceptable for Red Sox fans on this site, then it's no longer a Red Sox site. That's not fair to Sox fans who come here, or would come here if it were different. It should be the furthest thing away from rival team fans. If they come here, they should know that everyone is posting their feelings here, and not on a Yankee board, which would be obnoxious IMO. Probably why I don't understand when some Yankee fans here say, "Well he said this first, so I said that." Their insults are from Yankee fans on a Sox board. Our comments are from Sox fans on a Sox board.

And NO comments about the Yankees, even negative, have anything to do with the fans, they are comments about a baseball team called the Yankees.

No need to respond (not that I thought you would). I explained this a number of times to no avail. So I guess I'll just say it again, if anyone is making negative posts about the Yankees, they are NOT meant to be negative comments about the Yankee fans. If anyone is making positive comments about the Sox -- even giddy with excitement -- they are not meant to "taunt" fans of the Yankees that may be here. And I would appreciate it if Yankee fans wouldn't make their negative comments about the Sox on a Sox board, and leave Sox posters alone who do make negative comments about the Yankees. They're sharing their feelings about their team and their rival on a board that was created for the fans of the Red Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And if you don't believe me, go to Twitter and look up #RedSox. How long are we going to keep those happy, enthusiastic people from coming here? Fraternity? Get real.

Hi Kim:

You seem like a nice peson so don't get wrapped up in what people think. I have always run alone and never was impressed with frats.  I have never said anything to just win approval.  I tend to hang out on twitter and I know what you are talking about.

This board seems to like one tone and anyone who does not ring the same bell gets picked on or even tossed.  You are right that bdc could use some new members, it seems to be the same posters with the same remarks.

Good for you for walking your own path.

Thank you. And thank you to BDC to allow this discussion to even happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Your husband pike only recently came back to try and rain on the play-off parade, why don't you scold him? Have you seen that 102% of his posts are attacks on posters regardless of team allegiance?

Secondly, after your 3+ month hiatus you come back singing the same tune in a desperate attempt to rejuvenate your minuscule relevancy from the past. Fail.

Be gone already.

My husband, Pike? Pike has said he's in his 70s. I don't need a sugar daddy. This is not about Pike. How can you look at this forum and see the WHOLE WORLD AROUND YOU and not think there's a difference? Go back to your fraternity on whatever other forums you post on with them.

FTR My mom passed away. I believe I said on this forum I was taking care of her at the time. She had stage 4 cancer, but actually didn't wind up dying of that. She died unexpectedly in a accident. And I was there. I hope that never happens to you.

And I don't have to explain myself. I've been on this board when the team was losing...and losing badly. If you're going to say I'm jumping on some bandwagon here, that's a joke.

Whether or not you're aware of the outside world, it isn't here. And I would like to change that. Again, go to twitter and put in #redsox. That's where the real Sox fans with real feelings are. They say pretty much everything I've said here that "wasn't acceptable". Those fans should be here celebrating their team, and NOT under the scrutiny of you and your pals who have actually made this board nonexistent.

I'm sorry to hear that, Kim. What an odd sequence of events. My condolonces. I've lost my father and brother - he was only 35 - myself, so I have an idea.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I know what is up with accusing Kim of being married to Pike.  Who is Pike anyway? Who cares?

I literally have no idea who Pike is.  I also have no idea why anyone would care if Kim is married..let alone who she is married to. My guess is the marriage thing only comes up because of the chauvanists on the board.

BTW if Pinstripezac, the Yankee fan, tries to bait you into an argument, don't bother. It's what he does best, and if you offend him in any way his lackies will remove your posts or even you. jsyk

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

You might be on to something, that fans will go outside of the Boston Globe for things Red Sox. For someone to find this forum, you have to start at Boston.com, now, while that's a great domain name, the fact that it's hitched to the Boston Globe, which charges for access, and has shrinking circulation, means fewer people may end up here. My other observation, with no data to prove it, is young folks have many other pursuits available to them besides MLB. I've been a serious fan since I was 10 years old, I don't know if the whole "baseball" attracts fans in the same way that I was indoctrinated, listening to every game on the radio with Dave and Ned Martin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Your husband pike only recently came back to try and rain on the play-off parade, why don't you scold him? Have you seen that 102% of his posts are attacks on posters regardless of team allegiance?

Secondly, after your 3+ month hiatus you come back singing the same tune in a desperate attempt to rejuvenate your minuscule relevancy from the past. Fail.

Be gone already.

My husband, Pike? Pike has said he's in his 70s. I don't need a sugar daddy. This is not about Pike. How can you look at this forum and see the WHOLE WORLD AROUND YOU and not think there's a difference? Go back to your fraternity on whatever other forums you post on with them.

FTR My mom passed away. I believe I said on this forum I was taking care of her at the time. She had stage 4 cancer, but actually didn't wind up dying of that. She died unexpectedly in a accident. And I was there. I hope that never happens to you.

And I don't have to explain myself. I've been on this board when the team was losing...and losing badly. If you're going to say I'm jumping on some bandwagon here, that's a joke.

Whether or not you're aware of the outside world, it isn't here. And I would like to change that. Again, go to twitter and put in #redsox. That's where the real Sox fans with real feelings are. They say pretty much everything I've said here that "wasn't acceptable". Those fans should be here celebrating their team, and NOT under the scrutiny of you and your pals who have actually made this board nonexistent.

I'm sorry to hear that, Kim. What an odd sequence of events. My condolonces. I've lost my father and brother - he was only 35 - myself, so I have an idea.

Wow. Steven, I'm so sorry. Truly. That's awful. It must have been very difficult for you. Gosh, your father and your brother -- only 35-- that's unimaginable. Again,I'm so sorry. My mom was supposed to go by the way of cancer. I knew it, and was taking care of her. She had some good moments and some bad moments. We were out shopping even, believe it or not, even got her hair done. She seemed like anyone else that day. And when I was taking the packages out of the car, she went up to the steps of the house lost her balance and fell backwards. I watched the whole thing like slow motion. There was no way I could get there in time to catch her.

Did she do too much in that day? Was she tired? I don't know. She didn't seem like it. She was telling me what she wanted to do, and I was going by her. To this day I can still see her falling and I still ask myself was it too much for her in one day?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

BTW if Pinstripezac, the Yankee fan, tries to bait you into an argument, don't bother. It's what he does best, and if you offend him in any way his lackies will remove your posts or even you. jsyk

FWIW, I like arguing with Zak.

Then I like telling him I told him so.  It's kind of a funny thing, but people that are not fans of your team, often have a better idea of what is going on with your team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

I literally have no idea who Pike is. 

and there's the rub

your concern 4 how newbies are treated has merit

thing is

those accusing a newbie of being pike usually have more merit

BTW others have already accused The4040club as being pike

so the question becomes

is he playing U or R U playing us

I think it is way overdone.  Not every single newbie can be Pike.  And it is more than just Pike.  There were 5 posters that were accused of being Mikey from the Bronx, and another handful accused of being that Yankee fan from FL.

It would be a lot easier of people just focused on the post, rather than the poster.  If any of the new names posts something that someone else dislikes, explain why, rather than accuse everyone of being Pike.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

You might be on to something, that fans will go outside of the Boston Globe for things Red Sox. For someone to find this forum, you have to start at Boston.com, now, while that's a great domain name, the fact that it's hitched to the Boston Globe, which charges for access, and has shrinking circulation, means fewer people may end up here. My other observation, with no data to prove it, is young folks have many other pursuits available to them besides MLB. I've been a serious fan since I was 10 years old, I don't know if the whole "baseball" attracts fans in the same way that I was indoctrinated, listening to every game on the radio with Dave and Ned Martin.

And that's true, but for the fans that work themselves all the way here, they should be free to talk about the Sox in any way they seem fit. To have to talk only the way some Yankee fans (who work themselves here for whatever reason) and some of their friends want you to, you have to understand that you can't be too enthusiastic or happy about the Sox (because that's "taunting" Yankee fans here), and you can't say negative things about your rival team (because that's "taunting" Yankee fans here). See where I'm going with this? It's a no-win situation, unless you're a Yankee fan here because these rules were probably invented by Yankee fans, and their pals just follow along for whatever reason, thinking it makes sense. It doesn't for any team board anywhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

FWIW, I like arguing with Zak.

Then I like telling him I told him so.  It's kind of a funny thing, but people that are not fans of your team, often have a better idea of what is going on with your team.

Wake up. You must have missed the witch he put up holding a notice saying "This is a Red Sox board" right in this thread. FTR this IS a Red Sox board maybe one of you can explain that to him since he has NO respect for the fact it is. And if you don't think that's odd, or if you're going to have an excuse for him, ask yourself, would you plant yourself on a rival team's board to discuss your baseball team and mock and abuse posters you don't like there -- even using graphics. No one who's a baseball fan would do that. They would be more involved with their own team on their own boards with their own fans. He's not normal, and none of his pals will EVER be able to convince me he is. And he apparently does this on other Sox boards. Can you imagine?

If I asked Twitter what they would think, the world would agree with me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

Have you read my post in Max's thread where he asked why there was no excitement about the playoffs. That's what I want here:

I feel a Red Sox board, especially on Boston.com, where it shouldn't be able to annoy other fans like on other sites with multiple teams, you should able to be happy, ecstatic and over the moon without worrying about other teams' fans feeling "taunted". You should also be able to enjoy the rivalry and take shots at them if you feel like it. Again, without annoying rival teams' fans. IMO this site should be for Red Sox fans and whatever they're feeling.

There is a group, and you could be one of them, I don't know, who feels we're a dual board because of all the Yankee posters here. I'm fine with Yankee posters being here, but when they are in charge of what's acceptable for Red Sox fans on this site, then it's no longer a Red Sox site. That's not fair to Sox fans who come here, or would come here if it were different. It should be the furthest thing away from rival team fans. If they come here, they should know that everyone is posting their feelings here, and not on a Yankee board, which would be obnoxious IMO. Probably why I don't understand when some Yankee fans here say, "Well he said this first, so I said that." Their insults are from Yankee fans on a Sox board. Our comments are from Sox fans on a Sox board.

And NO comments about the Yankees, even negative, have anything to do with the fans, they are comments about a baseball team called the Yankees.

No need to respond (not that I thought you would). I explained this a number of times to no avail. So I guess I'll just say it again, if anyone is making negative posts about the Yankees, they are NOT meant to be negative comments about the Yankee fans. If anyone is making positive comments about the Sox -- even giddy with excitement -- they are not meant to "taunt" fans of the Yankees that may be here. And I would appreciate it if Yankee fans wouldn't make their negative comments about the Sox on a Sox board, and leave Sox posters alone who do make negative comments about the Yankees. They're sharing their feelings about their team and their rival on a board that was created for the fans of the Red Sox.

Kim,one thing i can tell you...JB never passes up a chance to tweak us :-)...but he is also on the mark a whole bunch about them too...also so sorry to hear about your Mom...hope things get better for you soon....i'm starting my 4th postseason w/o my Dad(passed a week b4 the 09' playoffs began)...would give anything to still have him here...even if it means him giving me the business about the Yanks season Tongue Out

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts