3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: The Postseason Board

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

What I got is a thread that's still here. More than I could hope for with your entourage looking for any reason to delete things that bother your group. It has happened in the past. Hopefully, we can make the past, the actual past. That to me, is a step in the right direction.

It's so cool to find out I'm in an entourage, a group, a fraternity.  I really didn't know this till you told me. 

It's a fraternity of posters here who post on other boards Red Sox/Yankee dual boards together. Are you saying you're not a member of that group? You know, the ones who appreciate Pinstripezac's pics that mock Sox fans, like right in this thread, mocking me, a Sox fan on a Sox board.

Again, I'm not seeing the issue.  I discuss Philly issues with my friend that is a Philly fan, the Nats with someone who is a Nats' fan, and the EE with people that are NYY' fans.  And they discuss the RS with me.

FWIW, I am a RS fan and a BB fan.  I like to discuss and debate both.  Is it your intention to discuss only the RS, and only with people that agree with you?  I remember on a previous RS site, one of the RS 'fans' would say 'Tek is going to K' and the next RS 'fan' would say 'LOL, I predict that Papi will K'.  To which the lone remaining RS 'fan' in the site would post 'ROTFLMAO, I think Ells will K'.  And it would go in circles like that for hours at a clip between the three of them.

Is that what you want in here?

Have you read my post in Max's thread where he asked why there was no excitement about the playoffs. That's what I want here:

I feel a Red Sox board, especially on Boston.com, where it shouldn't be able to annoy other fans like on other sites with multiple teams, you should able to be happy, ecstatic and over the moon without worrying about other teams' fans feeling "taunted". You should also be able to enjoy the rivalry and take shots at them if you feel like it. Again, without annoying rival teams' fans. IMO this site should be for Red Sox fans and whatever they're feeling.

There is a group, and you could be one of them, I don't know, who feels we're a dual board because of all the Yankee posters here. I'm fine with Yankee posters being here, but when they are in charge of what's acceptable for Red Sox fans on this site, then it's no longer a Red Sox site. That's not fair to Sox fans who come here, or would come here if it were different. It should be the furthest thing away from rival team fans. If they come here, they should know that everyone is posting their feelings here, and not on a Yankee board, which would be obnoxious IMO. Probably why I don't understand when some Yankee fans here say, "Well he said this first, so I said that." Their insults are from Yankee fans on a Sox board. Our comments are from Sox fans on a Sox board.

And NO comments about the Yankees, even negative, have anything to do with the fans, they are comments about a baseball team called the Yankees.

No need to respond (not that I thought you would). I explained this a number of times to no avail. So I guess I'll just say it again, if anyone is making negative posts about the Yankees, they are NOT meant to be negative comments about the Yankee fans. If anyone is making positive comments about the Sox -- even giddy with excitement -- they are not meant to "taunt" fans of the Yankees that may be here. And I would appreciate it if Yankee fans wouldn't make their negative comments about the Sox on a Sox board, and leave Sox posters alone who do make negative comments about the Yankees. They're sharing their feelings about their team and their rival on a board that was created for the fans of the Red Sox.

Kim,one thing i can tell you...JB never passes up a chance to tweak us :-)...but he is also on the mark a whole bunch about them too...also so sorry to hear about your Mom...hope thing get better for you soon....i'm starting my 4th postseason w/o my Dad(passed a week b4 the 09' playoffs began)...would give anything to still have him here...even if it means him giving me the business about the Yanks season Tongue Out

Thanks, Jete. I know you knew about my mom's cancer and that I was taking care of her. I appreciate your comments. Didn't know that she would wind up falling and it wouldn't be the cancer. I guess I was prepared, but wasn't prepared for it to be so sudden. And to be there. It's been tough, but like anything else you have to go on. Sox have picked me up this season -- totally coincidental. I needed something to be positive about and, for whatever reason they've come through. To say it came at the right time would be an understatement.

Sorry about your dad. Truly, it's hard. My dad is still around and STILL giving me crap about the Sox. Die hard Yankee fan born and raised in the Bronx. (Can you get anymore Yankee fan than that?). How funny is it to think of me with a die-hard Yankee fan dad? He says it's "unAmerican" not to root for the Yankees. He believes they are America's team. lol He used to call Johnny Damon the "spokesman" when he went to the Yankees (my favorite Sox player at the time). He thought he talked too much. Turns out he wasn't that far off on that. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Your husband pike only recently came back to try and rain on the play-off parade, why don't you scold him? Have you seen that 102% of his posts are attacks on posters regardless of team allegiance?

Secondly, after your 3+ month hiatus you come back singing the same tune in a desperate attempt to rejuvenate your minuscule relevancy from the past. Fail.

Be gone already.

My husband, Pike? Pike has said he's in his 70s. I don't need a sugar daddy. This is not about Pike. How can you look at this forum and see the WHOLE WORLD AROUND YOU and not think there's a difference? Go back to your fraternity on whatever other forums you post on with them.

FTR My mom passed away. I believe I said on this forum I was taking care of her at the time. She had stage 4 cancer, but actually didn't wind up dying of that. She died unexpectedly in a accident. And I was there. I hope that never happens to you.

And I don't have to explain myself. I've been on this board when the team was losing...and losing badly. If you're going to say I'm jumping on some bandwagon here, that's a joke.

Whether or not you're aware of the outside world, it isn't here. And I would like to change that. Again, go to twitter and put in #redsox. That's where the real Sox fans with real feelings are. They say pretty much everything I've said here that "wasn't acceptable". Those fans should be here celebrating their team, and NOT under the scrutiny of you and your pals who have actually made this board nonexistent.

I'm sorry to hear that, Kim. What an odd sequence of events. My condolonces. I've lost my father and brother - he was only 35 - myself, so I have an idea.

Wow. Steven, I'm so sorry. Truly. That's awful. It must have been very difficult for you. Gosh, your father and your brother -- only 35-- that's unimaginable. Again,I'm so sorry. My mom was supposed to go by the way of cancer. I knew it, and was taking care of her. She had some good moments and some bad moments. We were out shopping even, believe it or not, even got her hair done. She seemed like anyone else that day. And when I was taking the packages out of the car, she went up to the steps of the house lost her balance and fell backwards. I watched the whole thing like slow motion. There was no way I could get there in time to catch her.

Did she do too much in that day? Was she tired? I don't know. She didn't seem like it. She was telling me what she wanted to do, and I was going by her. To this day I can still see her falling and I still ask myself was it too much for her in one day?

It's mind boggling how many fatalities are caused by falling down stairs; RS great Dick Radatz died like this, as did sports DJ Mike Francesa's mother. There were even famous fictitious events, like Scarlet O'Hara.

As far as my brother was concerned, it was AIDS, back in '93; a very funny guy, he had the strongest constitution I knew; and as a result, suffered months longer than most others. We were born on the same day 4 yrs apart, which makes my birthdays since ring a little more hollow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

I literally have no idea who Pike is. 

and there's the rub

your concern 4 how newbies are treated has merit

thing is

those accusing a newbie of being pike usually have more merit

BTW others have already accused The4040club as being pike

so the question becomes

is he playing U or R U playing us

Well..since..as I stated here..I have no idea who Pike is then your comment makes no sense. Moreover..the idea that someone..on an anonymous discussion board..is accusing new posters of being this "pike" person is simply ludicrous. Did your read your comment before you posted it? If yes...do you understand on a very basic level just how childish and immature your comment makes you sound? This pike person must be something else if you see him in every new poster.

I don't know if some new poster is pike or not...nor..and let me state this very slowly...DO...I...CARE. If you care..then perhaps you need a hobby...or something because your response was the very definition of what Kimsays, myself and a couple of others are referring to.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Kim,one thing i can tell you...JB never passes up a chance to tweak us :-)...but he is also on the mark a whole bunch about them too...also so sorry to hear about your Mom...hope things get better for you soon....i'm starting my 4th postseason w/o my Dad(passed a week b4 the 09' playoffs began)...would give anything to still have him here...even if it means him giving me the business about the Yanks season Tongue Out

I'm being misinterpreted.  I post what the NYY should do and not do.  I warned you against re-signing ARod, and told everyone he was in decline (for which I took grief until it was beyond obvious).  And I told you guys to trade Sabathia while he still had some value.  It was for your own good.  And I keep telling you to extend Gardner, and have been for about two years.

And when onto Dem Yanks to say that ARod is the gift that keeps on giving, I only do it on days that ARod does something outrageously stupid, or self-centered, or both.

And I cannot be held responsible if that happens to b every single day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

I did not know that some have accused me of being Pike.  I have seen some accuse me of being Bill or Bill's dad and Conan among  others.

I think you are both Bill and Pike, but you're not aware of it yet.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to tampa2013's comment:

Why does this Pike character have his picture on the bulletin board as an enemy in the fraternity house? What was his crime?

Either you're a comedian, or a nut Pike.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I did not know that some have accused me of being Pike.  I have seen some accuse me of being Bill or Bill's dad and Conan among  others.

why not fess up 2 who U R

2 ashamed to own it

no one is buying that U R a newbie

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

LOL

I wonder if KST wants to know

what I learnt so far

I'm sure she wants to know what you have learned so far Zac.

Problem is, you have to actually learn something first.  ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

What does committed mean to you?  Have you ever heard of the law of diminishing returns? Anyone who spends too much time on anything often cannot identify the problem.  Making fun of a poster just because he puts up an 0 for 22 thread is just crazy.  If that is your idea of committed, I will take the average fan every time.

My post was not meant to be a knock against average or casual fans.  It's just my observation that average fans are not likely to be seeking out baseball forums for discussion. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

This thread is going to do nothing other than stir up negativity and arguing, and all at a time when we should ALL be thrilled.

You should stay out of threads you don't enjoy, and stop telling posters about how bad you think their threads are. Your forte.

And any negativity or arguing is what any situation would be like when you try to buck the system. The "system" being you and your pals, of course. Keep up the status quo, about not wanting new posters here. Are you all planning to pass the forum on to your children when you're too old to post here anymore?

Bravo Kim, Bravo!!!

You have hit the nail on the head and those on this thread giving you a hard time are some of the worst offenders.

I have seen a lot of posters come and go over the years.  This place is like the book "Lord of the Flies".  A group of posters form a 'pack' and they attack those they don't like.  It happened to me when I first came but it was a different group back then, same tactics though.

I was stunned at first, like you, but I soon learned how to deal with them.  They are harmless if you know who they are and how to handle them.

They do hurt this board however.  I have seen some new posters of late.  They post a harmless comments and the usual suspects come out and attack.  One guy didn't understand what was happening.  He was called  a clown, someone accused him of being another poster and someone just plain attacked him.  I tried to explain what was going on to him and encouraged him to keep posting.  I haven't seen him come back.

That's the main problem here.  Once you get used to the 'nasty pack' you can either ignore them or stand up to them but if your new you have no idea what's going on. I believe we don't get and keep new posters because of some of the nasty ones here who try to controll things.

I would like to see new posters come with new input but I'm not sure how that will happen.

The other big thing here is the PC police and you alluded to that.  Certain people here are not allowed to be critical of the sox.  Bill doesn't like ortiz and everytime he says something the 'police' come out of the wood work.  I too thought ortiz was getting old and would start to slow down, so what.  There was a day when you could talk about the players without getting attacked.  I guess now that they are gods we musn't say anything.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  I lost my mother to cancer 20 years ago on October 13th.  The pain will ease but you will never stop missing them.

Keep posting!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

This thread is going to do nothing other than stir up negativity and arguing, and all at a time when we should ALL be thrilled.

Arguing and stirring up negativity is one of your strengths.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

What I got is a thread that's still here. More than I could hope for with your entourage looking for any reason to delete things that bother your group. It has happened in the past. Hopefully, we can make the past, the actual past. That to me, is a step in the right direction.

It's so cool to find out I'm in an entourage, a group, a fraternity.  I really didn't know this till you told me. 

I've never considered you a part of the "clique" that I referred to. I think your comments are very balanced for the most part, fair and conducive to good sports talk.  I don't always agree with your points...but I've never seen you take things to a personal and nasty level.. Kim is spot on when she talks about "the lockdown on what certain posters on this site believe is acceptable for Red Sox fans". It's irritating and if it weren't for a few posters who I've really enjoyed reading over the past few months..I'd bypass this board altogether.

My point and I think Kims point..is a newbie to this board generally doesn't get the opportunity to be able to see that there are more welcoming posters on this board and that it should all be in good fun..because they are generally attacked and insulted right out of the starting gate.

You are absolutly correct.

As I stated in another post I tried to help a newbie who was attacked but I don't think he returned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I think you are both Bill and Pike, but you're not aware of it yet.

I had a gf once tell me I was her future husband but wasn't aware of it yet.   That never happened either.  Let me tell you something.  People who run against the pack like Bill, could care less who agrees with him, so therefore would never create another name to simply have someone on his side.

Well said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Well..since..as I stated here..I have no idea who Pike is then your comment makes no sense. Moreover..the idea that someone..on an anonymous discussion board..is accusing new posters of being this "pike" person is simply ludicrous.

I guarantee there R many that disagree with U there
    just a question if they will step up or not

Did your read your comment before you posted it? If yes...do you understand on a very basic level just how childish and immature your comment makes you sound?

not sure how U not understanding translates 2 me being immature

but I've never denied  such a charge

This pike person must be something else if you see him in every new poster.

I don't know if some new poster is pike or not...nor..and let me state this very slowly...DO...I...CARE. If you care..then perhaps you need a hobby...or something because your response was the very definition of what Kimsays, myself and a couple of others are referring to.

what's ironic about your posts is

U started with your concern for how new posters are treated

and it's pike with his multi accts tag teaming, agreeing with each other,

in a debate vs a newbie or unaware posters

that  leads so many to identify the pikettes

to protect the newbie from being duped

that's only one of the reasons people out pike

it is a mess and I'm sure some newbies do get penalized for these actions

but that's pikes fault

he ruins the creditability of any debate he's in and that hurts the cred of the board

to bad U and JB don't care

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Well..since..as I stated here..I have no idea who Pike is then your comment makes no sense. Moreover..the idea that someone..on an anonymous discussion board..is accusing new posters of being this "pike" person is simply ludicrous.

Did your read your comment before you posted it? If yes...do you understand on a very basic level just how childish and immature your comment makes you sound?

not sure how U not understanding translates 2 me being immature

but I've never denied  such a charge

This pike person must be something else if you see him in every new poster.

what's ironic about your posts is

U started with your concern for how new posters are treated

and it's pike with his multi accts tag teaming, agreeing with each other,

in a debate vs a newbie or unaware posters

that  leads so many to identify the pikettes

to protect the newbie from being duped

that's only one of the reasons people out pike

it is a mess and I'm sure some newbies do get penalized for these actions

but that's pikes fault

he ruins the creditability of any debate he's in and that hurts the cred of the board

to bad U and JB don't care

Those who accuse every new poster of being pike are hurting more than helping.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

miscricket, I agree with Zac. I'm not sure if you're aware of the havoc pike has reeked on this forum, over the years. He had as many as 2 dozen screen names at one time. He accuses posters of being wet blankets, pretenders, trolls and NYY fans. He has posted posters personal information; visits other sites, to try to "catch them", then call them out on this board.  The fact he has single handedly caused BDC to step up the moderation on this forum, says it all. Other posters, including myself,  forewarn others, veterans and newbies, who are being duped. He's here to cause problems for anyone poster he doesn't agree with and rarely posts about baseball. He ruined the gamethread to the point we had to set up a private chat room, as he attempted to ruin that as well, by signing in as other posters. Good job, pike 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Those who accuse every new poster of being pike are hurting more than helping.

I won't go as far to say they/I '' accuse every new poster ''

but your point certainly has some  merit

tough to prove eitherway

personally I just hate seein pike getting away with duping people

especially newbies

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

miscricket, I agree with Zac. I'm not sure if you're aware of the havoc pike has reeked on this forum, over the years. He had as many as 2 dozen screen names at one time. He accuses posters of being wet blankets, pretenders, trolls and NYY fans. He has posted posters personal information. Trolls other sites to try to call them out on thisboard.  The fact he has singlehandedly caused BDC to step ou the moderation on this forum, says it all. Other posters, including myself,  forewarn others, veterans and newbies, who are being duped. It's an issue, not doubt. He ruined the gamethread to the point we had to set up a private chat room, as he attempted to ruin that as well, by signing in as other posters. Good job, pike 

How do you know these posters are pike?  I have been around a long time but I haven't seen a lot of posts warning newbies about pike.  What I have seen are newbies being accused of being pike after just a few posts.  I don't think that's helping newbies to feel welcomed here.

How did he ruin the game thread?  I used to post there sometimes and didn't see any problems.  

I think you are a great poster j-bay and I'm not trying to be difficult.  These are sincere questions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I think the whole Pike thing is overblown.

The only power he has is what you give him.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I know you're not Pike.  You're the former jackbu.

Sections
Shortcuts