1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: The Postseason Board

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In fact wasn't jessey very upset about it? I don't think he thought it wasn't a big deal.

He did it to me too. I was a 42 yr old marshal arts instructor doing time in Derry, NH.

That doesn't sound quite right.  You write too preppy to have served time, unless you went to Catholic grammar school.  and if you were a martial arts instructor, you'd have spelt it correctly.  I'm going to peg you as a stockbroker or in the financial field someplace.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

FTR This board is adverised at the games. Put that in perspective. You know, the whole population at the game and watching the game. You guys in your fraternity should be put out of business, since you're probably the reason for that --- advertise all you want -- you have to pass muster to be here. And the restrictions your merry band have set up, no one can pass. I'm only still here because I thought it was wrong, and I don't go down that easy. A thorn in your side, if you will.

Kim Im sorry about your mom, my mom has stage 4 cancer as well. But your idea of being a thorn in our side is about equivalent to andrewmitch saying other posters dislike him because they are jealous of him. Your individual contribution is just not important enough for the whole forum to be focused on you as such. Neither is andrew's, neither is mine. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The poster known as " Pike " has often been banned, but has come back again and again , using a multitude of screen names . He really makes no attempt to deceive. He makes it very obvious as to who it is. Even though many , if not most , of his posts consist of baiting other posters, he has every right to be here. At his best , he has a very good , biting sense of humor. The problem comes when he tries to research the identities of other posters, and post their personal information on line. This is improper and unacceptable, if not downright illegal. It cannot be condoned. I am sure he will read this. I would be interested to hear his response. An honest response, without any nonsense. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Pike has a sense of humor? News to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In fact wasn't jessey very upset about it? I don't think he thought it wasn't a big deal.

He did it to me too. I was a 42 yr old marshal arts instructor doing time in Derry, NH.

That doesn't sound quite right.  You write too preppy to have served time, unless you went to Catholic grammar school.  and if you were a martial arts instructor, you'd have spelt it correctly.  I'm going to peg you as a stockbroker or in the financial field someplace.

Touche on the misspelling; however, in my defense, I've spelled it right in the past. You're wrong about me working in the financial field; I only wish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Touche on the misspelling; however, in my defense, I've spelled it right in the past. You're wrong about me working in the financial field; I only wish.

A lot of times people assume others don't know how to spell, when most times, they just don't care enough to go back and check it.

I just kind of noticed over the years that your writing style is succinct, with few, if any, grammatical errors.  Kind of like Hill. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A lot of times people assume others don't know how to spell, when most times, they just don't care enough to go back and check it.

I just kind of noticed over the years that your writing style is succinct, with few, if any, grammatical errors.  Kind of like Hill. 

I usually check, but this time I didn't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Pike-is-Harmless' comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Raysfanl's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Well..since..as I stated here..I have no idea who Pike is then your comment makes no sense. Moreover..the idea that someone..on an anonymous discussion board..is accusing new posters of being this "pike" person is simply ludicrous.

I guarantee there R many that disagree with U there
    just a question if they will step up or not

miscricket, I agree with Zac. I'm not sure if you're aware of the havoc pike has reeked on this forum, over the years. He had as many as 2 dozen screen names at one time. He accuses posters of being wet blankets, pretenders, trolls and NYY fans. He has posted posters personal information. Trolls other sites to try to call them out on thisboard.  The fact he has singlehandedly caused BDC to step ou the moderation on this forum, says it all. Other posters, including myself,  forewarn others, veterans and newbies, who are being duped. It's an issue, not doubt. He ruined the gamethread to the point we had to set up a private chat room, as he attempted to ruin that as well, by signing in as other posters. Good job, pike 

How do you know these posters are pike?  I have been around a long time but I haven't seen a lot of posts warning newbies about pike.  What I have seen are newbies being accused of being pike after just a few posts.  I don't think that's helping newbies to feel welcomed here.

How did he ruin the game thread?  I used to post there sometimes and didn't see any problems.  

I think you are a great poster j-bay and I'm not trying to be difficult.  These are sincere questions.

67, he posted in the gamethreads under multiple screen names, and insulted any poster or post who said anything negative about the Sox. IDK, you may not have known it was him or noticed. Pike has his own "unique" way of posting and doesn't take long to recognize it. Is it an issue and unfair to a new posters to be labled, sure it is. but pike created it, not the posters who are trying to give a heads up to others, who are being targeted.  Pikes latest was Tampa2013, pretending to be a Rays fan to stir up trouble. He did it last night on the gamethread, posters who didn't know it was him, then continued it on the forum. His tampa2013 account has been banned, but he's in there as raysfanl, too

Maybe forum regulars who are chronic complainers and wet blankets should be told that they are ruining a Red Sox forum. After all if 99% of your posts ( Softlaw and Babe) are critical, dismal, inciteful, and stirring the pot ---- then you are not sounding like a Red Sox fan. The forum is for Red Sox fans and not pretenders who are here to inflame, dampen enthusiasm, act childish, predict doom and gloom ( Pumpsie, ADG, AlibiIke, SeaBeachFred).  If you fall for their predictable act and rants or approve of them ( like Burrito or Yazzer) then you aren't here as a Sox fan but are here to be entertained or amused. This isn't the place to see Don Rickles do his routine. This is a Red Sox forum.

If its a Red Sox forum Pike, try posting about the Red Sox. At one point I thought you were salvageable. Now I know better. There is not a more useless despised poster here than you. Fortunately, you will be banned again soon.

Pumpsie, everyone here who reads the forum on a regular basis knows that you are the King of the Hill on doom and gloom threads and posts. You proclaimed the season over back in April and wanted Lester traded.  Everyone is aware that they can count on you to be the consummat pessimist and you relish the role. Why not admit it that you enjoy doing that role? Does BDC pay you for this? Surely a doctor can't be acting like this. You seemed to be glad when Lester struggled and hoped that it would continue. We were all aware of that, it was obvious.

Self explanatory

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Pike-is-Harmless' comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Raysfanl's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Well..since..as I stated here..I have no idea who Pike is then your comment makes no sense. Moreover..the idea that someone..on an anonymous discussion board..is accusing new posters of being this "pike" person is simply ludicrous.

I guarantee there R many that disagree with U there
    just a question if they will step up or not

miscricket, I agree with Zac. I'm not sure if you're aware of the havoc pike has reeked on this forum, over the years. He had as many as 2 dozen screen names at one time. He accuses posters of being wet blankets, pretenders, trolls and NYY fans. He has posted posters personal information. Trolls other sites to try to call them out on thisboard.  The fact he has singlehandedly caused BDC to step ou the moderation on this forum, says it all. Other posters, including myself,  forewarn others, veterans and newbies, who are being duped. It's an issue, not doubt. He ruined the gamethread to the point we had to set up a private chat room, as he attempted to ruin that as well, by signing in as other posters. Good job, pike 

How do you know these posters are pike?  I have been around a long time but I haven't seen a lot of posts warning newbies about pike.  What I have seen are newbies being accused of being pike after just a few posts.  I don't think that's helping newbies to feel welcomed here.

How did he ruin the game thread?  I used to post there sometimes and didn't see any problems.  

I think you are a great poster j-bay and I'm not trying to be difficult.  These are sincere questions.

67, he posted in the gamethreads under multiple screen names, and insulted any poster or post who said anything negative about the Sox. IDK, you may not have known it was him or noticed. Pike has his own "unique" way of posting and doesn't take long to recognize it. Is it an issue and unfair to a new posters to be labled, sure it is. but pike created it, not the posters who are trying to give a heads up to others, who are being targeted.  Pikes latest was Tampa2013, pretending to be a Rays fan to stir up trouble. He did it last night on the gamethread, posters who didn't know it was him, then continued it on the forum. His tampa2013 account has been banned, but he's in there as raysfanl, too

Maybe forum regulars who are chronic complainers and wet blankets should be told that they are ruining a Red Sox forum. After all if 99% of your posts ( Softlaw and Babe) are critical, dismal, inciteful, and stirring the pot ---- then you are not sounding like a Red Sox fan. The forum is for Red Sox fans and not pretenders who are here to inflame, dampen enthusiasm, act childish, predict doom and gloom ( Pumpsie, ADG, AlibiIke, SeaBeachFred).  If you fall for their predictable act and rants or approve of them ( like Burrito or Yazzer) then you aren't here as a Sox fan but are here to be entertained or amused. This isn't the place to see Don Rickles do his routine. This is a Red Sox forum.

If its a Red Sox forum Pike, try posting about the Red Sox. At one point I thought you were salvageable. Now I know better. There is not a more useless despised poster here than you. Fortunately, you will be banned again soon.

Pumpsie, everyone here who reads the forum on a regular basis knows that you are the King of the Hill on doom and gloom threads and posts. You proclaimed the season over back in April and wanted Lester traded.  Everyone is aware that they can count on you to be the consummat pessimist and you relish the role. Why not admit it that you enjoy doing that role? Does BDC pay you for this? Surely a doctor can't be acting like this. You seemed to be glad when Lester struggled and hoped that it would continue. We were all aware of that, it was obvious.

Self explanatory

Its pointless and a waste of time to respond to Pike any more. I will limit my interaction with him to reporting his offensive posts in an effort to minimize his effect on this forum.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

"FTR"???

I could only find some stock quotes Googleing that.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

You might be on to something, that fans will go outside of the Boston Globe for things Red Sox. For someone to find this forum, you have to start at Boston.com, now, while that's a great domain name, the fact that it's hitched to the Boston Globe, which charges for access, and has shrinking circulation, means fewer people may end up here. My other observation, with no data to prove it, is young folks have many other pursuits available to them besides MLB. I've been a serious fan since I was 10 years old, I don't know if the whole "baseball" attracts fans in the same way that I was indoctrinated, listening to every game on the radio with Dave and Ned Martin.

Yup, listening on my portable AM radio with the pull up antenna. Even had the earphone. I sure went through a lot of batteries. Those were the days!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Pike-is-Harmless's comment:

You keep saying that you never read the posts by Babe, Mikey, and Softlaw but you actually washed their feet with your tongue. What a phoney you are. You have often claimed that you relish the entertainment value ( trolling) that they bring to the forum.  Then you say that you are indifferent to them. What a crock of BS. Why not be a man and admit that you love the trolls.

Burrito, I will save you the trouble of reporting Pike for writing this. Its taken care of.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Pike-is-Harmless's comment:

How is the business of selling burritos in Cambodia from your cart doing? Do you overcharge the poor peasants?

Reported as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Speaking of posters calling so-called newbies pike doesn't kim continuously accuse posters of being this 'mikey' poster? Yes she does,

Was that KST?  I remember the incident, and mentioned it earlier, but forgot who it was.  Mikey from the Bronx was a real homer, but otherwise okay.  And some of the folks she said was Mikey sounded nothing like him.  He's fairly distinct, as most of us denizens of the Bronx are.

I like having Yankee fans on the site... the-babe being the only one that sometimes went too far (as I myself have at times to). 

I noted the number one complaint about Mustard&Johnson on WEEI is that they allow Yankee callers fair airtime on their Saturday show. It happens to be my favorite show on WEEI. 

I like starting an occasional thread on the Mariners and having Hill55 tell us his opinion on the team. In years past I have started threads on the Dodgers, A's, Royals, and Tampa to name some. I wish more posters from other teams would visit the site. The Sox fans will always easily counter them, and it is good reading.

kimsaysthis and pike are singing the exact same tune they have sung for 4+ years, nothing more and nothing less. In good times and bad they never stop the song. That is a fact not an opinion.

Yeah, Babe is the guy from FL I was trying to think.  Pretty much useless and a troll, imho.  The rest of them are okay.  And I like having other teams in here as well.  It's nice to see other perspectives.  I guess maybe KST wants to make this a pure-bred RS site, which maybe has some merit, but the last place I'd want to be is in a place filled with nothing but Joe Brady's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

"FTR"???

I could only find some stock quotes Googleing that.

FTR = For The Record

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

One amazing thread.  Nothing about baseball or the Sox and everything about who says what about who or what.  I personally prefer a board with a wide variety of perspectives, even bill-806's, so I never put anyone on ignore.  I do the ignoring stuff by not responding. 

I have found the 2013 postseason board to be as good as or better than the regular season board, which means a lot of insights from surprising sources. 

Sections
Shortcuts