1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The Postseason Board

The Sox are in a playoff run that they're about to win. You can't even tell that on this forum. Yes, there are posts here and there, but there's no real FANfare. And FTR TWITTER, the voice of the universe, does not reflect anything going on here. The Sox fans are happy, enthusiastic and just generally LOVE the team. They pretty much say almost everything I say here. They even get annoyed with the umpires, and they don't really appreciate their rivals. Just like any team's fans. They're all in.

I really think posters need to give that some thought. You may be comfortable with your little groups on other forums, but I worry about the future of THIS forum. If there's any chance of having REAL true blue Sox fans here who aren't concerned about how rival teams' fans feel about this Red Sox board, and just want to come and enjoy and celebrate the Red Sox, with no abuse for their comments, there really has to be some changes as to who's acceptable and who's not.

I'm just tired of this dual board that was never meant to be a dual board. There are NO Yankee dual boards that were meant to be Yankee boards. They are free to say whatever they want, like all team boards.

Let freedom ring, and let any Sox fan who wants to come and enjoy the Sox among other Sox fans FILL the board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: The Postseason Board

And if you don't believe me, go to Twitter and look up #RedSox. How long are we going to keep those happy, enthusiastic people from coming here? Fraternity? Get real.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Your husband pike only recently came back to try and rain on the play-off parade, why don't you scold him? Have you seen that 102% of his posts are attacks on posters regardless of team allegiance?

Secondly, after your 3+ month hiatus you come back singing the same tune in a desperate attempt to rejuvenate your minuscule relevancy from the past. Fail.

Be gone already.

My husband, Pike? Pike has said he's in his 70s. I don't need a sugar daddy. This is not about Pike. How can you look at this forum and see the WHOLE WORLD AROUND YOU and not think there's a difference? Go back to your fraternity on whatever other forums you post on with them.

FTR My mom passed away. I believe I said on this forum I was taking care of her at the time. She had stage 4 cancer, but actually didn't wind up dying of that. She died unexpectedly in a accident. And I was there. I hope that never happens to you.

And I don't have to explain myself. I've been on this board when the team was losing...and losing badly. If you're going to say I'm jumping on some bandwagon here, that's a joke.

Whether or not you're aware of the outside world, it isn't here. And I would like to change that. Again, go to twitter and put in #redsox. That's where the real Sox fans with real feelings are. They say pretty much everything I've said here that "wasn't acceptable". Those fans should be here celebrating their team, and NOT under the scrutiny of you and your pals who have actually made this board nonexistent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I like this board.  It's busy and there are a lot of opinions expressed, both positive and negative.

Long live the BDC forum!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I like this board.  It's busy and there are a lot of opinions expressed, both positive and negative.

Long live the BDC forum!

You would because you're also part of a fraternity that posts on other forums together. Again, go to Twitter and put in #redsox. There are some really amazing people out there, they're just not here. And you guys can get as cozy as you want feeling everything here is amongst friends and it's all amazing to you. But it's a forum for Red Sox fans. There are very few, if any, new fans since I came here in 2010. Do you know how many Sox fans there are in the world?

The lockdown here on what a certain group finds acceptable for Sox fans is, at best, passe. The whole "make sure it doesn't bother rival team fans" is hilarious. If Sox fans felt free to come here and express their enthusiasm for the team, that wouldn't be the case. Again, your group of Sox/Yankee fans, who btw, the Yankee fans are in complete control, should find a place where you can all be pals together, just not bring that energy to this board. This is a place for Sox fans to share their feelings about the Red Sox --- whatever their feelings are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Long live the BDC forum!

You would because you're also part of a fraternity that posts on other forums together. Again, go to Twitter and put in #redsox. There are some really amazing people out there, they're just not here. And you guys can get as cozy as you want feeling everything here is amongst friends and it's all amazing to you. But it's a forum for Red Sox fans. There are very few, if any, new fans since I came here in 2010. Do you know how many Sox fans there are in the world?

[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this board isn't living up to your expectations kim.  Yes, I admit it, I do love being part of a fraternity.

Go Sox! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I will not give up trying to make this board more accessable to the average Sox fan, who doesn't want a lot of controversy seeing how they fit in with multiple teams' fans, and their friends...like I found out when I got here in 2010 to post negative comments about the umpires.

And FTR a few of the umpires in the 2009 ALCS wound up being FIRED for how bad their calls were in the Yankees/Twins games. And I was beaten all over this board for even suggesting such a thing. The Sox weren't even in it, I just made the mistake of talking about the Yankees. I was pretty stunned by that considering I thought this was a Sox board. And I was attacked by Yankee and Sox fans here. That told me a lot about this board.

I've always thought since then that there was something wrong with this picture. And as a new fan posting here, that was not what I thought the reaction would be here. HERE needs to change if we're going to go to the future with a Sox board for Sox fans that are free to say whatever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Best of luck with the crusade kim!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

FTR This board is adverised at the games. Put that in perspective. You know, the whole population at the game and watching the game. You guys in your fraternity should be put out of business, since you're probably the reason for that --- advertise all you want -- you have to pass muster to be here. And the restrictions your merry band have set up, no one can pass. I'm only still here because I thought it was wrong, and I don't go down that easy. A thorn in your side, if you will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

kim, if you can succeed in changing the board here, it will be a great tribute to your people skills.  Show us what you got!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1-Sorry to hear about your mom.

2-There is really just as much of a problem trying to rid the board of trolls as there is with the trolls.

3-You can pretty much make a choice between accusing people of being trolls, or make fun of their ill-conceived 'opinions', or putting them on ignore.  Part of the fun of the board is when folks post that Trey Ball is a slow white guy who can't the OF, or that Lester is a #5.

If you focus on dismantling those little bits of genius, instead of focusing on the person that posted it, you'll find it a lot more rewarding.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

1-Sorry to hear about your mom.

2-There is really just as much of a problem trying to rid the board of trolls as there is with the trolls.

3-You can pretty much make a choice between accusing people of being trolls, or make fun of their ill-conceived 'opinions', or putting them on ignore.  Part of the fun of the board is when folks post that Trey Ball is a slow white guy who can't the OF, or that Lester is a #5.

If you focus on dismantling those little bits of genius, instead of focusing on the person that posted it, you'll find it a lot more rewarding.

Thank you.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This thread is going to do nothing other than stir up negativity and arguing, and all at a time when we should ALL be thrilled.

You should stay out of threads you don't enjoy, and stop telling posters about how bad you think their threads are. Your forte.

And any negativity or arguing is what any situation would be like when you try to buck the system. The "system" being you and your pals, of course. Keep up the status quo, about not wanting new posters here. Are you all planning to pass the forum on to your children when you're too old to post here anymore?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

kim, it's always tough taking care of our mom's when they are near the end, but that truly is part of life.  Mine fought emphysema but lived to be 88. 

The nature of the internet allows people to say all manner of things, fraternal or otherwise.  I prefer different points of view, even ones I think are ridiculous.  Consequently, I never put anyone on ignore.  I don't always succeed, but do try to avoid personal attacks.  The argument's the thing, not the arguer. 

And somewhere in this morass of differing opinions an occasional truth will sneak out there and be acknowledged.  If you correctly identified bad umpiring that was later confirmed by MLB, good for you.  I tend to give the umpires the benefit of the doubt although last night I thought Price got a number of calls our guys could not get. 

I do like your perspective because it is different.  So please stay with us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"FTR"???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

kim, if you can succeed in changing the board here, it will be a great tribute to your people skills.  Show us what you got!

What I got is a thread that's still here. More than I could hope for with your entourage looking for any reason to delete things that bother your group. It has happened in the past. Hopefully, we can make the past, the actual past. That to me, is a step in the right direction.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

kim, it's always tough taking care of our mom's when they are near the end, but that truly is part of life.  Mine fought emphysema but lived to be 88. 

The nature of the internet allows people to say all manner of things, fraternal or otherwise.  I prefer different points of view, even ones I think are ridiculous.  Consequently, I never put anyone on ignore.  I don't always succeed, but do try to avoid personal attacks.  The argument's the thing, not the arguer. 

And somewhere in this morass of differing opinions an occasional truth will sneak out there and be acknowledged.  If you correctly identified bad umpiring that was later confirmed by MLB, good for you.  I tend to give the umpires the benefit of the doubt although last night I thought Price got a number of calls our guys could not get. 

I do like your perspective because it is different.  So please stay with us.

Thank you, Max, for your kind words. Funny, she would have lived a lot longer with the cancer, and being there was really rough. But I'm trying to move on. Sorry about your mom. Hope it wasn't too difficult for her and for you.

And I agree with you. I love different perspectives on things. I just don't like the abuse. Everyone here (since we're all the same ones, basically:)) probably already knows the story of when I came here. I told it many times because I was so shocked how offended people were here even of the suggestion of something being wrong during the Yankee games -- Yankee fans and Sox fans. Turns out, the umpires weren't fired for a while after the fact, so when I came here and complained, it wasn't even a story yet, and has never really been a "story" oddly enough.  But trust me, it was bad, and I knew it when I saw it. Again, just wasn't prepared for the reaction here. That's what I'd really like to change for new posters -- whoever they may be.

And "I do like your perspective because it's different" is something I've been hearing my whole life. Go figure. You're a good guy, Max, and I enjoy your thoughts on the Sox and baseball in general. jsyk Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

u make a broken record envious

And your still here. Can't imagine why you don't have me on ignore. Am I that fascinating to you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What I got is a thread that's still here. More than I could hope for with your entourage looking for any reason to delete things that bother your group. It has happened in the past. Hopefully, we can make the past, the actual past. That to me, is a step in the right direction.

It's so cool to find out I'm in an entourage, a group, a fraternity.  I really didn't know this till you told me. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's so cool to find out I'm in an entourage, a group, a fraternity.  I really didn't know this till you told me. 

It's a fraternity of posters here who post on other boards Red Sox/Yankee dual boards together. Are you saying you're not a member of that group? You know, the ones who appreciate Pinstripezac's pics that mock Sox fans, like right in this thread, mocking me, a Sox fan on a Sox board.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I will not give up trying to make this board more accessable to the average Sox fan

I don't think average Sox fans or average baseball fans in general frequent forums like these.  IMO and from my experience, those who post on these forums are much deeper into baseball and the Red Sox, and much more committed, than the average or casual fan is.

I don't have a Twitter account, but from my understanding, Twitter is much more conducive to the average fan who wants to give a quick shout out to his/her team.

For me personally, it's the debate/discussion with those who have a different opinion that makes the forum fun and interesting.  Your favorite poster Zac, for instance, likes to think that he's here to keep Red Sox fans honest.  Truth of the matter is, we allow him to stay here so that we can educate him.  ;-)

Sorry about your mom.

Sections
Shortcuts