The Question John Henry Fears The Most

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: The Question John Henry Fears The Most

Lucchino has been a very valuable employee for the Red Sox, but he made a big mistake with his choice of manager.

He should only be blamed for Valentine, but will certainly shuld not lose his job over this one (BIG) mistake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: The Question John Henry Fears The Most:
    [QUOTE]He worries about nothing w/ the Sox. They are a money making machine good or bad.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

He isn't going to hang around if he is lambasted every day in the media and booed by the fans everywhere he goes. If this team finishes in last place with a sub .500 record this year, thats the way it will be. So there is a silver lining to this disaster.....IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's very funny.

I used to spend alot of time on the Boston Bruins forums. But I don't watch the watered-down, sleep-inducing product the NHL has created in the last 20 years or so anymore.

But back before the Bruins won their first ever Cup for Jacobs, the threads about how dreadful an owner he was were dominating the forum.

I couldn't disagree, however we are now hearing frequent trashing of Henry, Lucchino, and just about everyone associatted with this franchise.

I am not saying right or wrong, just that it's funny how losing ( and the Bruins were perrenial losers for the better part of 20 years until the NHL adopted it's salary cap. This has enabled teams such as L.A., Chicago and Boston to win championships) will bring finger pointing and blame to all parts of an organization.

To me, no matter how bad a GM, a manager or an owner is, the players can overcome shortfalls by giving 100%, playing hard and being dedicated.

When your centerfielder misses a game with "leg issues" or a starting pitcher mysteriously gets a "back spasm" ....I start to doubt the dedication of the players ( actually "start" is wrong, it "intensifies" what I've believed for some time).

I'm no huge fan of John Henry, and don't believe he is an irreplacable owner, or the driving force of the team's successful years. But, I doubt he should be singled out as the major cause for the team 's struggles. Nor is Larry Lucchino.

Whenever things go bad, the witch hunt is on. But, remember, they burned many people that were NOT witches in the past. You can't just fire accusations wildly like a blind man in the dark....you might hit the wrong target.

Alot of teams with good players won championships for bad GMs and bad owners.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

John Henry, who has a very high IQ, would agree that the mediocre, disappointing season is basically the fault of many players not performing up to expectations and also on the amount of time that key  players were on the disabled list.

Sections
Shortcuts