The Rays Fade Away in the Dog Days of October!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Rays Fade Away in the Dog Days of October!

Kiss 'em good bye!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Re: The Rays Fade Away in the Dog Days of October!

And their 15 fans.

And their fake turfed, catwalked dump of a ballpark.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kiss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Kiss 'em good bye!

No one can say they didn't go down without a fight...

I thought Maddon showed a ton of class with his praise of the Red Sox in his post game press conference. I'll paraphrase "They beat us during the season head to head, which is why they had homefield and again tonight "because we couldn't hit their pitching all year". His praise of the makeup of the roster and the job that Cherington did in rebuilding the team with gamers was another gem "We knew in spring training they were going to be tough". I must admit that before watching his press conference last night my opin of him was less than. Today I have a new found respect for Joe Maddon the man and and even greater respect for Joe Maddon the baseball manager. The Rays are lucky to have him...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

WILE E. COYOTE - GENIUS

"Another day closer to the parade"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Kiss 'em good bye!

No one can say they didn't go down without a fight...

I thought Maddon showed a ton of class with his praise of the Red Sox in his post game press conference. I'll paraphrase "They beat us during the season head to head, which is why they had homefield and again tonight "because we couldn't hit their pitching all year". His praise of the makeup of the roster and the job that Cherington did in rebuilding the team with gamers was another gem "We knew in spring training they were going to be tough". I must admit that before watching his press conference last night my opin of him was less than. Today I have a new found respect for Joe Maddon the man and and even greater respect for Joe Maddon the baseball manager. The Rays are lucky to have him...

Glad I missed it.

I enjoy disliking him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

And you boasted how dangerous they were with their "great starting pitching". What a joke! AL ball requires a potent offense, which is why this AA offense of the Rays makes them a pretending side show of irrelevance. 

Rays starting pitching Sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on breaking your 2,117 straight losing postions streak.

You must feel so great!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

There are few teams I so thoroughly enjoy watching the Sox whip than the Rays. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Rays Starter Game 1: Sucked

Rays Starter Game 2: Sucked

Rays Starter Game 3: Sucked

Rays Starter Game 4: Sucked

And there was one idiot boasting about how he feared the Rays starting pitching. 

And then, there was me, who guaranteed a series win.

Do the math.

We have.

It still works out to:

RSF=0

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

They won despite the incompetence of Farrell letting Peavy pitch to DeJesus with a runner on third and 1 out in the bottom of the 6th inning.The go ahead run was on 3rd,I don't know what he was thinking.He should have walked him,he almost blew another game with his nonsense.

Wink

"Another day closer to the parade"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Kiss 'em good bye!

Glad they're out. But, don't criticize them for "fading in October". Quite the opposite is true, as they had two win back to back road play-in games over Texas and Cleveland to earn a shot at the Sox. I don't like the Rays...but I respect them and their great manager for being the tough, gritty team that they are. Instead of belittling them, why not credit the Red Sox for playing some great baseball to eliminate a tough team?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Rays isnt a bad team.  Had the owner spent millions dollars more where he could get nice couple good hitters protecting front and behind Longoria, this team could be world series title contender.

Too bad the Rays' owner rather to focus on revenue sharing money!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Rays chocked.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

When you compare the two payrolls on paper, the sox should win everytime.  The Rays have had their way with the sox of recent years.  Have to hand it to Ben for getting a team together who still gets emotional about playing baseball, unlike most from the last two seasons. 

The rays aren't going any where and most likely will be right back in the post season hunt next year.

The Rays have one major issue this offseason whether or not to anti up and pay Price. Who's arbitration eligable and should command upwards of 15M...End of the day they're a legit 90 plus win team and division tittle contender with him, still a very good team without...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[/QUOTE]

The Rays have one major issue this offseason whether or not to anti up and pay Price. Who's arbitration eligable and should command upwards of 15M...End of the day they're a legit 90 plus win team and division tittle contender with him, still a very good team without...

[/QUOTE]
    Rays have more than Price to worry about and the read down here is that he maybe traded like Shields was to maximize the return
    Ben Zobrist, Escobar, Dejesus, Hernandez, Matt Joyce, Jeff Nieman, Fernando Rodney, james Loney, Jose Molina, Sean Rodriguez all are coming up on either options, FA or arbitration. If the Rays want to keep these guys their total salaries just may double from last year. Several are scheduled to go to over 5 mil and Price will go well over the 10 mil he got this year.Molina and Loney will get lots of offers. This Rays team will be very different next year IMHO>

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Rays Starter Game 1: Sucked

Rays Starter Game 2: Sucked

Rays Starter Game 3: Sucked

Rays Starter Game 4: Sucked

And there was one idiot boasting about how he feared the Rays starting pitching. 

And then, there was me, who guaranteed a series win.

Do the math.

So, you wouldn't want Price, Moore, Cobb or Archer in the Sox rotation?

I'll put you down as being a clown.

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Rays chocked.

Lol, "chocked". That will never get old.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Kiss 'em good bye!

Glad they're out. But, don't criticize them for "fading in October". Quite the opposite is true, as they had two win back to back road play-in games over Texas and Cleveland to earn a shot at the Sox. I don't like the Rays...but I respect them and their great manager for being the tough, gritty team that they are. Instead of belittling them, why not credit the Red Sox for playing some great baseball to eliminate a tough team?  

You missed my spoof. 

For every year since the Rays became good, softy has claimed they will "fade away in the dog days of summer" and that they are not true contenders for the title.

The Rays are and will be a formidable opponent. They beat two tough teams on the road before coming up against a well-rested and well-built team like the Red Sox.

Since softy can't admit the Sox are good, the only way they could have won 3-1 games, is if the Rays stink. Classic clown logic from the resident clown.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softy will try to find a way to spin anything.  He will argue against the facts.  He will stop at nothing, even trying to sell us that David Price is now a lousy pitcher. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

During the post game, they showed individual players reaction, after the final out. Victorino turned to the RF crowd, and kissed them good bye. Was the perfect send off of the 2013 season, into Tampa Bay

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts