The Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Re: The Rays

The Rays just won on an extra inning walk off homerun so we have to win tonight to keep pace. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

LOSE!

And another "one run" win today for Tampa.  It amazes me how they do this and manage to find new young arms every season.  The Sox end up with guys like Doubront who took two or three years before helping the club at all and Clay who can't stay in the rotation. 

The Rays definately know how to draft pitchers better than us and/or have better mentors.  It certainly isn't their offense that keeps them in the hunt every season.  Even their bullpen isn't that strong this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

The Rays just won on an extra inning walk off homerun so we have to win tonight to keep pace. 

The difference between the Sox and the Rays isn't the amount of talent in the rotation anymore because our pitchers are as good or better with the addition of Peavy and Clay "IF" he ever gets back into and can stay in our rotation long enough to help.  I have my doubts whether Clay will ever be considered, or become a real ACE with his fragile body. 

The Sox just can't seem to drive in big runs in close games anymore, or hit lefties period, while the Rays have been getting the clutch hits with a much less talented lineup. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

The difference between the Sox and the Rays isn't the amount of talent in the rotation anymore because our pitchers are as good or better with the addition of Peavy and Clay "IF" he ever gets back into and can stay in our rotation long enough to help.  I have my doubts whether Clay will ever be considered, or become a real ACE with his fragile body. 

The Sox just can't seem to drive in big runs in close games anymore, or hit lefties period, while the Rays have been getting the clutch hits with a much less talented lineup. 

The Rays are taught to make contact. Many will fall in for hits eventually. A strike out will never, ever fall in for a hit or allow a runner at 3rd to tag up and score. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

The Rays are taught to make contact. Many will fall in for hits eventually. A strike out will never, ever fall in for a hit or allow a runner at 3rd to tag up and score. 

Thats why I never liked guys like Nap.  If you make contact a lot more good things can happen than hitting into a few double plays. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

LOSE!

And another "one run" win today for Tampa.  It amazes me how they do this and manage to find new young arms every season.  The Sox end up with guys like Doubront who took two or three years before helping the club at all and Clay who can't stay in the rotation. 

The Rays definately know how to draft pitchers better than us and/or have better mentors.  It certainly isn't their offense that keeps them in the hunt every season.  Even their bullpen isn't that strong this season.

I also believe they have drafted higher.  That definitely makes a difference. 

As for the lack of fans.  I still believe and have posted this several times both of the MLB teams in Florida either should be relocated to another area or move out of the state completely.  I don't see the Marlins moving anytime soon since they just built that beautiful new ballpark which was really a shame.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

LOSE!

They didn't draft Archer. They traded Garza for the once top Cubs prospect.

They did draft the other starters, but many in later rounds.

The whole pen is just about all free agents or trade acquisitions.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We're one down in the loss column.

4 ahead of the O's (the closest team to making the last WC slot).

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Don't look for the Rays (and that dump of a stadium they play in) to go away anytime soon.  The Rays have done an excellent job of taking advantage of the system.

A lot has been said and written about their ability to make the best of their high draft picks and sign them for cheap money thereby keeping their salaries down - and it's true.  Now this team is playing better and winning more and those high draft picks are going to go away.

BUT...

That doesn't mean they're going to start to lose.  While they've been doing their good scouting and signing players to 'cheap money' contracts they've also been receiving Revenue Sharing money from the other owners.  If they're anywhere near as smart as they appear to be they've been stockpiling that RS money to buy FA's when the draft picks run out.

This team isn't going away.  But I sure do wish the stadium would.  And that manager too. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Maybe the Rays should move to Miami and the Marlins to Tampa. The Rays may actually draw more than 25,000 for a regular season game. Who cares how many the Marlins draw. The Marlins do seem to be doing it again--rebuilding very methodically for another WS run in a year or two.

I might agree with you Youk about all position FA's except for one or  two that may be free soon:

I like Zobrist and his versatility and David Price.

The Ray's buy into Maddon--Lobaton ---has a triple Saturday to win it and a solo homer Sunday to win it.

Myers and Longoria will have a long history tormenting MLB teams--that's a dynamic duo. If i'm the Ray's I would look to give Myers and Zobrist long term team friendly contracts. They've got the pitching flowing into the Trop but they need to sign some of their good players.

Sections
Shortcuts