The Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

The Rays

Lose Again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: The Rays

YES!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

It was a great game.

Now tell me, how many of you guys out there have a wife who insisted on watching the Rays game after the Sox??  Incredible, huh?

And, it was Price who pitched.

I wish we would have had patience with Lowrie.  He's having a great year at a fraction of the cost of Drew.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

It was a great game.

Now tell me, how many of you guys out there have a wife who insisted on watching the Rays game after the Sox??  Incredible, huh?

I wish we would have had patience with Lowrie.  He's having a great year at a fraction of the cost of Drew.

I'm glad they have Drew.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

It was a great game.

I'm glad they have Drew.

[/QUOTE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvtlt-p7vB4

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It was a great game.

I liked Lowrie but had not problem with moving on from him.

Offensively:

Lowrie:
    128-G, 63-R, 40-2B, 2-3B, 10-HR, 58-RBI, .293-BA, .352-OBP, .441-SLG, .793-OPS

Drew:
    102-G, 47-R, 22-2B, 6-3B, 10-HR, 53-RBI, .248-BA, .332-OBP, .426-SLG, .758-OPS

So Lowrie is having a slightly better year offensively.

But defensively, Drew has been much better. Error aren't an end-all stat, but Drew has just six errors and a .986 fielding percentage. Lowrie has 15 errors and a .965 fielding percentage. And I suspect, Drew has a lot better range.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im the first one to admit drew's salary drives me batty - but his fielding doesnt and he has some pop (although streaky)

i would resign him for next year at 2/15 

As always - 100% correct!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

im the first one to admit drew's salary drives me batty - but his fielding doesnt and he has some pop (although streaky)

Ive been a Drew supporter too, but he will most likely get a 3-4 deal somewhere. Id def offer him a QO though and if I got him for one more year at a bigger pricetag, so be it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In the end it was Lowrie's fragility and that Sox couldn't trust him to stay on the field along with the presence of Iglesias and Bogaerts that led to his being "expendable". Francona loved the kid's ability to hit the ball. Though his glove and range at SS will never be worthy of praise. His stick is why they never gave up on him and gave the give multiple chances to earn the everyday SS job....His being moved to the Astros for Melancon was a the time a good deal, who later became Hanrahan and Holt. Only proves that trading for relievers can be dicey. 

Comparing him and Drew is not really fair to either. Lowrie had his chance and due to a myriad of injuries never gave the Sox reason to pencil him in as the SS of the future or the now...I hope he can stay healthy and productive for the rest of his career. Cause the kid can hit. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good for Lowrie.  I too wanted him to stay, but could not quarrel with the reasons for trading him.  Sometimes a change of venue is a good for a player. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Drew should not be offered a deal longer than one year because within a year Bogaerts will be our full time SS more than likely. I would not want to have Drew in a position that blocks XB from reaching his potential.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Glad the Rays lost again as well, but since this thread has become about Drew and Lowrie, I would not resign Drew for more than a year either, or maybe for two with the idea that he would have to accept playing another position if Bogaerts is going to take over at short.

The other side of that coin to consider is whether Bogaerts is going to become a smooth enough fielder at shortstop.  So far, he has not looked that way.  Of course, he is young, a little nervous in his first big league tour of duty, etc.  It will be interesting to watch him progress at short for the rest of this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ive been a Drew supporter too, but he will most likely get a 3-4 deal somewhere. Id def offer him a QO though and if I got him for one more year at a bigger pricetag, so be it.

[/QUOTE]

hahahahhaha. 3-4 years. hahahahahahahaha

[/QUOTE]

Lol..ya like that huh? Watch, he will get at least 3 years from someone.

Hey, I sent you a reply on  http://fenwayfever.freeforums.net/

I found a cool avatar you might like ans posted it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Rays = suck

Goofy Genius = total loser

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

It was a great game.

===================================

Maybe Price was upset about his $205 taxi from SF to Oakland (HA!). Taking a helicopter today...I'm sure cost more or same as $205.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/with-bay-bridge-weekend-closure-rays-take-long-alternate-route-to-coliseum-to-face-as/2013/08/30/05255e16-11de-11e3-a2b3-5e107edf9897_story.html

Will love watching NY-Balt at 10am (PCT) & really don't care who wins but even though Yankees are 1 behind the Orioles I hate them more so will root for Balt.

Will watch Sox at 4pm (PCT) and then hopefully with a commanding lead will switch to the A's-Rays at 6pm (PCT). Fortunately wife has shopping to do and will go to the movies & leave me in peace. Loved the A's victory last night almost as much as ours. Wouldn't be a dry eye in my house if A's sweep. These 2 teams could be the wild card foes !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Rays = suck

I stopped laughing at them when they made it to the World Series with a ridiculously low payroll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

With ARod in the lineup ---and being clutch--the Yankees could leap frog the O's this weekend and charge toward the Ray's---I don't think they will catch the Sox but they could get one of the WC.

How would that look to you MLB????? ARod makes the playoffs along with Peralta, and  Cruz is taking BP and eligible for the playoffs. If these three teams make the playoffs with PED users and no firm tests to determine if they are still using--I would be most disheartened as a fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Rays pitcher Fernando Rodney somehow managed to lock himself in the dugout bathroom in Oakland:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/fernando-rodney-gets-locked-dugout-bathroom-o-co-090004802--mlb.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rays = suck

I stopped laughing at them when they made it to the World Series with a ridiculously low payroll.

[/QUOTE]

And as I said the other night when you replied to one of my posts with an almost verbatim statement like this, I will NEVER stop making fun of them, I dont care if they win the next 10 WS.

Rays = suck

Goofy Genuis = total loser

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Rays pitcher Fernando Rodney somehow managed to lock himself in the dugout bathroom in Oakland:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/fernando-rodney-gets-locked-dugout-bathroom-o-co-090004802--mlb.html

He was chocking and lost consciousness.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly. we signed him for 9.5M. what's another 4M among friends? fangraphs valued his 2013  season at 9.5M and that was over a month ago! i'd give him a QO and hope he declines it to sign with another team. As much as i like drew and defended him before everyone hopped on his bandwagon i am going into the 2014 season with the notion that Xander is my starting SS. If Drew takes the QO then that creates a logjam for my team plans. A good problem to have no doubt. We could always shuffle things around by moving Middy to 1B and bogaerts to third or give Xander the JBJ treatment and store him in AAA to refine his overall game a bit more until an opportunity arrises from injury or is forced via trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly. we signed him for 9.5M. what's another 4M among friends? fangraphs valued his 2013  season at 9.5M and that was over a month ago! i'd give him a QO and hope he declines it to sign with another team. As much as i like drew and defended him before everyone hopped on his bandwagon i am going into the 2014 season with the notion that Xander is my starting SS. If Drew takes the QO then that creates a logjam for myteam plans. A good problem to have no doubt. We could always shuffle things around by moving Middy to 1B and bogaerts to third or give Xander the JBJ treatment and store him in AAA to refine his overall game a bit more until an opportunity arrises from injury or is forced via trade.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was getting blasted for liking the Drew deal. Not so much now.

IF Drew did accept a QO, then I would let Bogey start out in AAA again and get a little more defensive work in. Plus it will allow us another year of control. No need to bring him up if Drew is here. Disarcina (SP?)(AAA manager) said hes still got some work to do at the plate and in the field. Let Middy stay at 3b where hes comfortable, but I would give him some reps at 1b just to have the versatility or If Xander should need to move off SS in a couple years.

I think the Sox will offer Drew a QO, along with salty and Ells. I think they will def resign Salty though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

let's go A's