The real story of Theo Epstien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: The real story of Theo Epstien

In Response to Re: The real story of Theo Epstien:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The real story of Theo Epstien : I agree.  I just guarantee you those who solely credit Theo for 2004 will pull a 180 and credit Theo if the Theoless Red Sox win in 2013.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Most fans watch the games and root for the Red Sox and it doesn't enter their mind which players are Duquette's and which are Theo's. That only happens on a forum that draws people who love to argue, debate, criticize, bash, and reinforce their fragile egos. The rest of RSN sits back and enjoys the game with a scorecard that only lists the players by position and not by affiliation to a particular GM. What a shame that the thrill of enjoying the basics of the game have been ruined by the Internet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The real story of Theo Epstien : Most fans watch the games and root for the Red Sox and it doesn't enter their mind which players are Duquette's and which are Theo's. That only happens on a forum that draws people who love to argue, debate, criticize, bash, and reinforce their fragile egos. The rest of RSN sits back and enjoys the game with a scorecard that only lists the players by position and not by affiliation to a particular GM. What a shame that the thrill of enjoying the basics of the game have been ruined by the Internet.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Since 2003 Theo Chicks have infested Fenway Park and the internet wearing pink hats and dreaming of Epstein's smile.

We finally have the Red Sox back.
    We're Red Sox Nation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The real story of Theo Epstien : I agree.  I just guarantee you those who solely credit Theo for 2004 will pull a 180 and credit Theo if the Theoless Red Sox win in 2013.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

The Red Sox won the 2004 World Series behind Manny, Pedro and Derek Lowe.

Epstein trashed that team and the Sox missed repeating in 2005.

Lucchino got Beckett and Lowell to Boston to join Manny in winning the 2007 World Series.

Epstein bungled that team in 2008 and the Sox haven't been back.

Now Theo's gone...finally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I stopped responding to Law two years ago and neither will I respond to his ghost. Put him onto Ignore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]I stopped responding to Law two years ago and neither will I respond to his ghost. Put him onto Ignore.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Yet Law was 100% correct...and you didn't listen.

If if whines like a Theo Chick during the MLB offseason...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

VaporLaw, the army general who disappears from sight for months...what a leader. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]By the way OurMan, if you are the original Law (a really big if), you have no credibility due to your silence all season long when the Sox were winning and only reappearing after things fell apart in the final month. Shows what kind of fan you are, if you're actually a Red Sox fan at all.
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]

1. Sox were never "winning"...it was as we now know a shell, a facade covering Theo Epstein's inept mismanagement and deterioration of the Sox from a World championship team to a team that wouldn't even make the postseason, something I predicted each offseason.

2. As we see, things have been falling apart with the Red Sox since Theo came back in 2005 and temper-tantrumed his way to control over the Sox roster.

3. I've said this for YEARS.  We're Red Sox fans. Theo Chicks are Theo fans.

4. Theo Chicks ruled these boards with a shared iron fist of foolish, whining to get me and anyone who criticized Theo removed, then you morons would sit around pretending NOT to know what was going on with your "Hey, where's Law" nonsense.

Theo Epstein is finally gone. No greater vindication than the truth winning out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

How can anyone not see all of this pointing right back at Theo Epstein?

It's obvious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The real story of Theo Epstien : Ok moon, then I apologize.  With harness its a different story

Why, of course. Moon confronts you about the same lie, and you apologize like a man. When I confronted you, I got this:

"First off everyone knows I never said that about moon...  Harness, why do you feel the need to use moons name for things I never said.  Let them speak for himself because he won't mangle the original statement like you".

because the guy has questioned my job and integrity since the day I joined the board because he can't handle the truth. 

If you tell the truth, I'll handle it. Although the shock might be a bit much. You haven't told the truth from day one.
    "Theo is a liar!".
    "Theo wanted Hanley out of town".
    "Theo backed the Hanley deal".

All fabrications, like how you said you never accused Moon of...
    You seem to be the one who can't handle telling the truth.

Naturally, when you make statements like

Theo had nothing to do with the 03 team that came close and got credit for the same players in 04 by simply making the Nomar trade that everyone labeled him a genius for after winning the WS 

lying becomes necessary to cover the fact you are over your head.
    Once lying starts, it never stops.

This is quite bizarre coming from a guy with no patience/respect for ones spelling errors or statements he may not agree with, so his response is to verbally bash their credibility.
    Posted by craze4sox

Credibility is as foreign to you as truth. Look how you titled this thread. It looks like something out of the ENQUIRER. What do you know about a "real story'?
    You can't even get UR facts straight. You start threads with bogus titles to bring attention to yourself. Not wise considering how many posters on this one have shown you up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]How can anyone not see all of this pointing right back at Theo Epstein? It's obvious.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

What I see are two rings, several PO appearances, and UR daggers in Theo's back.

I see how you ran like a roach when Buchholz made you look foolish.

You advocated spend spend spend. That's what happened.

Live with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

You can't kill off the reincarnations of Law. It is like MacGyver trying to kill off Murdoch. It does however make great entertainment on a dying forum since many here believe that the confrontation is for real. Why does it continue? Certainly Harness and company know that it is bogus as do the actors on the other side. Professional wrestling is the same, the audience is vaguely aware that it is all fake but they can't help watching it. Let the phony match coninue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

When the world is finally nuked, this forum will rise from the ashes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

harness claimed Esptein was remaining as Red Sox GM. The real story is the owners refused to give InEsptein a contract extension on a deal that was about to end.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He's still works in Boston, dummy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

No he doesnt, dummy. He isn't workin for the Red Sox, his sidekick and Luchino are running front office.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Are they collecting his paychecks? Your mind is sitting in a pin cushion...a product of UR voo-doo doll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The real story of Theo Epstien : Wrong. Since 2003 Theo Chicks have infested Fenway Park and the internet wearing pink hats and dreaming of Epstein's smile. We finally have the Red Sox back. We're Red Sox Nation.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure if you asked a pink hat who theo epstien was theyd say he played second base so im going to have to disagree with pink hats being theo fans.

seriously he must have stolen your girlfriend or something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The real story of Theo Epstien :. You start threads with bogus titles to bring attention to yourself. Not wise considering how many posters on this one have shown you up. Posted by harness[/QUOTE] harness, I think our entire board knows "you are the one" who loves drawing attention to yourself by criticizing fans, or their posts on a daily basis and nobody gets shown up more than you.  I would rather make a mistake or two than be hated by half the board as you are.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The real story of Theo Epstien : Im pretty sure if you asked a pink hat who theo epstien was theyd say he played second base so im going to have to disagree with pink hats being theo fans. seriously he must have stolen your girlfriend or something.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

Theo Epstein's boyfriend is Peter Gammons.

How did you not know that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Cardinals are in WS and may win because of moves their GM made from August on (furcal,dotel,scrabble,Rhodes,Lynn,) while sox folded because Theo made no moves to help down the stretch. Theo was good but he is no genius. Sox will be fine without him. Boyer and Byrnes haven't lit it up since they left either. It just shows you that a lot of people can be good GMs if they have the resources.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Hoyer

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Berkman signing was the best deal for the buck.

I thought Theo should have picked up a waiver wire innings pitcher. I thought we needed a better starter than Bedard or two Bedard-types at the deadline. I also thought we still had a good enough team on paper to make the Playoffs. We didn't. The players played poorly and we lost.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]No he doesnt, dummy. He isn't workin for the Red Sox, his sidekick and Luchino are running front office.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Epstein still working in Boston 6 hours ago

Extra Bases ST. LOUIS - Theo Epstein worked at his Boston office all day today according to sources

Ever get tired of posting out of UR azz?

Sections
Shortcuts