The Red Sox All-Bust Team of the 2000's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

Re: The Red Sox All-Bust Team of the 2000's

In Response to Re: The Red Sox All-Bust Team of the 2000's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Red Sox All-Bust Team of the 2000's :  I was wrong once before. I estimated the number of stars in the Milky Way and was off by 41. Rudi however didn't merit being on your list of significant Red Sox busts over the years. Did you apply a filter to sift out players who played over 100 games? If so, you forgot Roman Mejias from the 1963 team.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

I simply put him on there because of how stupid your list was.

"Ray" Smalley? Really?

You are an idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Red Sox All-Bust Team of the 2000's : I stand corrected. In 1981, I was extremely busy trolling in a Daily News forum for Yankee fans using the the moniker of SplendidSplinter and was there 24/7 doing my best to annoy Yankee fans so I missed that since I was more concerned about Yankee stats than those of the Red Sox.  This happens when one is obsessed with the enemy. Sorry for that mistake. What a huge disappointment in Boston baseball history since Rudi did appear in 49 games for them in 1981. He belongs in their Hall of Shame.

Goota go with YourEcho here.

Calling this 35yo 4th OF a bust for the Sox would be like calling John Van der Waal one of the Yankees free agent biggest busts....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Red Sox All-Bust Team of the 2000's : I simply put him on there because of how stupid your list was. "Ray" Smalley? Really? You are an idiot.
    Posted by -The-Babe-----------------[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Rudi doesn't qualify as a major bust, but the trade that he was involved in, giving up Fred Lynn and getting Frank Tanana, was definitely a bust, another in the series of bad moves that dismantled the team of the late 70's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyler Scionti. Show tyler Scionti's posts

Penny was worse than Lackey, also Dice - k was turning the season around with 3 great starts in a row before going on the DL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Eric Gagne was the all-time bust. 

Gagne's struggles was so bad that he gave Canadians a bad name.  <--sarcasm. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]Rudi doesn't qualify as a major bust, but the trade that he was involved in, giving up Fred Lynn and getting Frank Tanana, was definitely a bust, another in the series of bad moves that dismantled the team of the late 70's.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Bingo....but I wouldn't expect pike to pick up on that.

pike knows so little about baseball I'm beginning to think that if I put him in front of 3 TV's, one with a baseball game on, one with a hockey game on and one with a basketball game on he couldn't pick out the baseball game even if you told him it was the one being played on grass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Red Sox All-Bust Team of the 2000's : Bingo....but I wouldn't expect pike to pick up on that. pike knows so little about baseball I'm beginning to think that if I put him in front of 3 TV's, one with a baseball game on, one with a hockey game on and one with a basketball game on he couldn't pick out the baseball game even if you told him it was the one being played on grass.
    Posted by -The-Babe-----------------[/QUOTE]

LOLOL, you put Rudi onto your list of significant Red Sox busts because of the trade that he was involved in as a minor piece.. LOLOL. You are a piece of work. You are really reaching here. At least you are making everyone smile and laugh everytime that you post. You must have had complex software to include that factor when isolating your list of Red Sox busts over the years. Thanks for your relevant input Hx.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Red Sox All-Bust Team of the 2000's : LOLOL, you put Rudi onto your list of significant Red Sox busts because of the trade that he was involved in as a minor piece.. LOLOL. You are a piece of work. You are really reaching here. At least you are making everyone smile and laugh everytime that you post. You must have had complex software to include that factor when isolating your list of Red Sox busts over the years. Thanks for your relevant input Hx.

Again....ever heard of Ray Smalley?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/smallro02.shtml

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/smallro02.shtml

Exactly you idiot. His name is ROY not Ray as you have referred to him numerous times in the same stupid list that you post over and over.

You wouldn't know a baseball if you got hit in the head by one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Some possibles...

Brad Penny (No question)
    Rudy Seanez (look at his #s the year before)?
    Jose Offerman ( more of a bust than Lansing)?
    Coco Crisp (had better years in Cleve)?
    Mike Cameron (due to injury)?
    Ramiro Mendoza?
    Ramon Martinez?
    Jeff Suppan
    Ricky Henderson?
    Frank Castillo?
    Terry Adams?
    Matt Mantei?
    John Halama?
    Brian Rose?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

When I think of a bust, I think "supposed to be awesome but was terrible instead, or, at the very least, didn't fulfill expectations to a large extent." Daisuke fits the bill I suppose, but I wouldn't call Gagne a bust as he wasn't here to become the closer or was heralded as this superstar. He was in the twilight of his career and was brought in to shore up the bullpen. I can think of some more recent Yankees that fit the bill. I know most Yankees fans in the 80s were calling Rickey Henderson a bust as he wasn't nearly what he was for Oakland, but then, after going back there, he was "Rickey rallying" again. Hideki Irabu fits this description too. For Sox, Brian Rose fits the description, along with Tomo Ohka and "Jurassic Carl" (he had one excellent year and one so-so year, but ran himself out of a town he might have had a long career in if he wasn't completely insane/manic/roid raged).