Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

The Red Sox, And their travelling fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from f1502nv. Show f1502nv's posts

The Red Sox, And their travelling fans

I was grandfathered into Red Sox Nation, 11 years ago. I am 24 years old and live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. I now consider myself the biggest Sox fan north of the border. The closest ball park to me is a short 7 hour drive to Minnesota. Over the last 11 some years, I have travelled to see the Sox play 53 games. Wether it be in Minnesota, Toronto, Seattle or Fenway itself. However, this year I just cant get excited to see them live. Sure I still pride myself on catching 140 games on NESN a year. (I bought a Dishnet receiver and got a fake address in Boston) but I just have no urge to see them play this year. Sure I still have a sour taste in my mouth from catching 5 Games in September at Fenway...Only to see them lose them all. But what I want to know, are you other travelling fans looking at all this the same way I am ? Or are you still paying good money to see sub par effort ? I cant justify it right now, and its bothering me because of how much I love the Sox, but i definitely don't feel I owe it to the front office. And i think that is the biggest reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: The Red Sox, And their travelling fans

I hear you on that one. I am from St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada. I am a Bruins, Sox & Pats fan. I just travelled 8 hours to Boston to see that farce of a series against the Blue Jays. I have been to Fenway many times, but this by far was the worst trip ever. Swept by the lowly Jays in convincing style. I can honestly say it was close to the most embarrassed I have ever been as a Sox fan. Last September takes that honour. I had to hear it from the Jays fans in attendence & also the Jays fans back home here. I will continue to make the trip to see the Bruins but as far as the Sox go, I won't waste my money on over priced tickets again.

3. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts