The Red Sox have a worse record than the Padres

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Re: The Red Sox have a worse record than the Padres

Last year's Red Sox won despite John Farrell. This year, the Red Sox is showing their true colors. Farrell was a mediocre manager with the Blue Jays and he is a mediocre manager with the Sox this year. Fire him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

How many rings do the Padres have???

Hugh - What does that have anything to do with THIS year and what to do with the team at this point?

Hugh is the SOX apologist.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to DarkFenX89's comment:

Last year's Red Sox won despite John Farrell. This year, the Red Sox is showing their true colors. Farrell was a mediocre manager with the Blue Jays and he is a mediocre manager with the Sox this year. Fire him.

Somebody s/b fired before or after this season's over. How about Lucchino and Farrell. With Lucchino gone Ben C.  could be the real GM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Padres have actually been INSANELY lucky this year. 

In the last month, they have won two games in which THEY ONLY GOT ONE HIT!!  How often does a team win a game when they only get one hit?!?!   They did it twice in a month!! The last team to do that in a season was the 1965 Dodgers, and one of those wins was a perfect game thrown by Sandy Koufax.  Sure, the Padres pitchers are good and helped immensely by their park, but they don’t have Koufax and are not getting perfect games…

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

How does that feel Ben? After watching Scott Carroll shut out your team, do you believe this team will contend? Even if you think so, start dumping the bad pieces now. They aren't helping. Gomes, AJ, Peavy, Badenhop. Get what you can now.

The chemistry isn't work.

Most teams right looking for pitchings.  Boston do have pitchers to give away, but half of them have big fat contract.  IF you give away Peavy, you are not going to get top prospect in return unless Boston will eat up most of his salary.  Or if you want a good hitting young OF, then you got to part away couple good prospects!!!

That is the problem.   

Why is it such a big deal if the Sox pay Peavy's salary for the rest of the year?    It's allowed in the rules, and would be for 2014 only so its not like it will handicap them in the future.  The Sox have a historical willingness to do this kind of thing and i don't get why fans think it is such a big deal, especailly on the fina lyear of a contract.

In fact, they SHOULD if it means getting a better return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

On the topic of luck, the 49-40 Seattle Mariners have a Pythagorean record of 53-36 based on their run differential of +66*. On a related matter, Seattle is 10-14 in one-run games.

Those numbers suggest Seattle has been unlucky.

However, baseball analyst Jonah Keri writes that the Mariners have been the beneficiaries of what fellow analyst Ed Feng lightheartedly calls "cluster luck," the ability to cluster hits together to produce runs:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-giants-clustered-their-luck/" rel="nofollow">http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-giants-clustered-their-luck/

On the offensive side, the Red Sox were third to last.

Keri continues his interesting contributions to baseball literature.

* the third-best run differential in baseball, trailing only AL West foes Oakland Athletics and Los Angeles Angels. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Somebody s/b fired before or after this season's over. How about Lucchino and Farrell. With Lucchino gone Ben C.  could be the real GM.

Nobody is going to be fired after this year even if we don't win another single game for the rest of the season. Reason: they won a ring last year. If the team does not make the playoffs in 2015 then I think there will be people axed.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Nobody is going to be fired after this year even if we don't win another single game for the rest of the season. Reason: they won a ring last year. If the team does not make the playoffs in 2015 then I think there will be people axed.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

And they talk about Papi getting a FREE PASS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to VoiceofReason2014's comment:

Middlebrooks underperforming and Victorino being on the DL all season should be ample reason for a pink slip in the FO.  Add to that the across the board ineptness in clutch with RISP. The failure of Buchholz and Doubrount was also obvious to predict. Even a caveman could see that coming. A high reward / low risk venture with Sizemore was also predictable - not to mention all of the one run losses. Bogaerts and Bradley should have come out of the gate hitting .280 since that was guaranteed.

Actually,  anyone with an ounce of sense could have  predicted that WMB and Doubront were gonna be slugs. And did anyone actually believe that Victorino was gonna stay healthy. Another SOX FO apologist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Hugh - What does that have anything to do with THIS year and what to do with the team at this point?

I dont know...but maybe you should start ANOTHER thread about it.

The Sox have a worse record then the sisters of St Marys softball team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If you think this is bad, just wait until we play the Stros.  If we don't hear about chairs being broken in the lounge then there will be no waking this team up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

If you think this is bad, just wait until we play the Stros.  If we don't hear about chairs being broken in the lounge then there will be no waking this team up.

I'm going to all 3 games here in Houston.

Ughhh.... Leeeee!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

For what it's worth, the San Diego Padres have won two National League titles and five NL West titles.

http://www.thechampionshiprings.com/images/mlb/RMLB84PADRES-2.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.thechampionshiprings.com/images/mlb/RMLB84PADRES-2.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.thechampionshiprings.com/images/mlb/RMLB84PADRES-2.jpg

The Padres have never won a World Series title, but are vying to finish with a better record than the Red Sox for hte second time in three years.

hugh will defend the Sox no matter what, whether it's the Drew signing or the Padres not winning a WS. No one every made that comparison. If he read the subject, it was 'The Red Sox have a worse record than the Padres'.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Ughhh.... Leeeee!

moon -Interested to hear about Springer. He's played great. I have Altuve on my FBB team and he is up to 41 SB and the Astros have him under team control very cheaply for the next few years. Also McHugh and Keuchel have been good.

Have fun. You are going to one of the ballparks I've never been to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'd feel great about this thread if it was 1984.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sad to say, that argument actually has merit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We have a worse record than the Padres, but only because the Padres have been lucky. Folks, this is how bad it has gotten . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox have moved to within two games of the Houston Astros for the worst record in the American League. I attribute it to parity ... the difference between the good teams and the weaker teams is not all that great.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ughhh.... Leeeee!

moon -Interested to hear about Springer. He's played great. I have Altuve on my FBB team and he is up to 41 SB and the Astros have him under team control very cheaply for the next few years. Also McHugh and Keuchel have been good.

Have fun. You are going to one of the ballparks I've never been to.

I've been to games in Milwaukee, Chicago, HOU, Dallas, TB, Pitt, NYY, Balt, Phil, BOS, ATL, DET, CLE, CIN, MON, TOR, and STL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Red Sox have moved to within two games of the Houston Astros for the worst record in the American League. I attribute it to parity ... the difference between the good teams and the weaker teams is not all that great.

That's part of the story, yes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I've been to games in Milwaukee, Chicago, HOU, Dallas, TB, Pitt, NYY, Balt, Phil, BOS, ATL, DET, CLE, CIN, MON, TOR, and STL

We need to get you out to Seattle and the other West Coast venues ... and I need to get to Houston.

I've been to games in CHW, MIN, NYM, KAN, STL, TEX, LAA LAD, SD, SF, SEA, CHC, OAK, CLE, ARI, BOS, NYY, PHI, BAL, WAS, COL and TOR ... in that approximate order. I have not been to the current ballparks in MIN, STL and TEX, only the former parks (two in MIN). I've been to new and old parks in CHW, NYM, SD, SF, SEA and COL.

That leaves me with MIL, DET, CIN, PIT, ATL, TB, MIA and HOU yet to see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We need to get you out to Seattle and the other West Coast venues ... and I need to get to Houston.

I've been to games in CHW, MIN, NYM, KAN, STL, TEX, LAA LAD, SD, SF, SEA, CHC, OAK, CLE, ARI, BOS, NYY, PHI, BAL, WAS, COL and TOR ... in that approximate order. I have not been to the current ballparks in MIN, STL and TEX, only the former parks (two in MIN). I've been to new and old parks in CHW, NYM, SD, SF, SEA and COL.

That leaves me with MIL, DET, CIN, PIT, ATL, TB, MIA and HOU yet to see.

My first MLB game was a class fields trip to see the Cubs.

In Milwaukee, it was the old County Stadium. I lived there from '67- '71.

The only times I have seen the Pacific was in Mexico (Puerto Escondido and Acapulco multiple times). I have often joked with a kernal of truth, that if I ever visited California or the great North West, I'd never come back.

I'm scared I might like it too much and become a laid back dude or something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Ughhh.... Leeeee!

If you're paying more than $5.00 for a ticket, you're being robbed. Btw, you have my sympathies.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ughhh.... Leeeee!

If you're paying more than $5.00 for a ticket, you're being robbed.

I'll enjoy the game more than a $12.00 movie.

Yes, I paid over $20.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to VoiceofReason2014's comment:

Middlebrooks underperforming and Victorino being on the DL all season should be ample reason for a pink slip in the FO.  Add to that the across the board ineptness in clutch with RISP. The failure of Buchholz and Doubrount was also obvious to predict. Even a caveman could see that coming. A high reward / low risk venture with Sizemore was also predictable - not to mention all of the one run losses. Bogaerts and Bradley should have come out of the gate hitting .280 since that was guaranteed.

Is Middlebrooks "underperforming" or is what we've seen the last two years who he is? One year doesn't make the norm.

Sections
Shortcuts