The Red Sox have been rebuffing trade inquiries about Jacoby Ellsbury

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: The Red Sox have been rebuffing trade inquiries about Jacoby Ellsbury

In response to billbyboy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see the stooges trolled by with catatonic cud.

Ellsbury has trade value due to trade compensation and the same factors that make him a folk hero legend with Red Sox fans who don't understand team baseball performance.

A. At a minimum, the Rangers and Braves will trade a young talent to get Ellsbury and, if they don't like what they see, take the draft compensation to reload what they trade.

B. Most on here think in a vacuum and are unable to see beyond Player A for Player B.

C. Ellsbury and his draft compesnation +

De La Rosa or Webster +

Brentz (subtract Brentz and add Bogaerts if better offer (unlikely)

+ any other Red Sox prospect except Barney and Bradley, Jr

That will net J. Upton and get the Braves what they want and the DBacks what they want

Not only is absurd for Cherry to be rebuffing trade inquiries about Ellsbury, it's absurd for hm not to work hard to move him in a package that nets back a long term young talent fit for the Red Sox. He knows nothing about leverage or value and fit roster construction, as evident by S. Drew, Shane and Dempster.

From this thread, I've noted the one poster who agrees it's time to move Ellsbury's 10 million ticket to another payroll, and not make a qualifying offer of 14M for draft compensation that for any competent GM will be inferior to the net that comes from a package trade that includes Ellsbury.

From t is thread, I've noted that one stooge, despite saying "I'm in on trading Ellsbury for prospects" is back in trolling catatonic mode as protesting that "there's no proof any good offer for Ellsbury has ever been made".

Cherry appeared to be very fearful that Ellsbury was going to return and play poorly in 2012. His fears were realized. He need not fear "Ellsbury is going to light it up in 2013", even though that's a double edged sword as he effectively becomes a FA at the end of this winter because no team is going to to offer more than used tires for a few months of the great Ellsbury to become bidders.

Most Red Sox fans think on an emotional level. So get emotional about getting rid of a career loser who has been a cancer since being made a position season starter, which his work ethic seems to think he's entitled to it until he sells his thirties to the highest bidder.

[/QUOTE]

Does this personality chew on some cud when typing, Softlaw?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

jasko, how'd your 2012 Marlin prediction turn out?

[/QUOTE]

How'd your last 398 positions and predictions turn out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

jasko, how'd your 2012 Marlin prediction turn out?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly right...Hanley Ramirez wasn't traded before they opened the new park, which is exactly what I said would happen...no worries, I know most of your personalities probably don't remember. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I prefer not to comment on rampant speculation and innuendo. Please post a credible link for this story. If true, I think it's a bad move. But let's start with at least one credible link please. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I prefer not to comment on rampant speculation and innuendo. Please post a credible link for this story. If true, I think it's a bad move. But let's start with at least one credible link please. 

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox were actively shopping Ellsbury at the Winter Meetings, and even discussed a possible deal with Philly for Cliff Lee, but Philly wanted to to keep Lee.  The Sox aren't going to give him away as they'll glad take a year of possible elite production and a draft pick when he walks.  Also, if they are out of it at the trade deadline, I'm sure they'll entertain offers.  The OP misunderstood Heyman.  He wasn't saying they were hanging up the phone, but unless they get a deal that they like, they aren't going to move him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

http://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/280669817533505536

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

"Rebuffing" is misunderstood by you. 

Rebuff - a peremptory refusal of a request, offer, etc.;

Heyman isn't the brightest bulb, but he can't shine light on a big dope. "A Great deal that they like" is an incomptent statement. If it's a great deal it doesn't need to be "liked".

[/QUOTE]

Is it even possible to be dumber than you? Where did you get your law degree? The University of cow pats?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

He said, she said--who cares. Let's find a little creativity and not worry about whether we win or lose with an Ells trade. Moving Ells in a three way deal may work better--the question is whether BenC has any experience with one if not he may need some help.

There was one proposed in another thread by bgomez that I thought might have legs:

Three way deal:

Red Sox get: Ethier, Holland, cash

Dodgers get: Salty, Brentz, Miller, mid-level prospect(s)

Rangers get: Ellsbury, Ellis

Ben that might work--I still like Swish for less money than Ethier.

Sections
Shortcuts