The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season

HI!

For your Information....

Most of the fans refuse to take the Yanks seriously this season

and I will tell you why....

The Yanks' lineup is no longer a nightmare for MLB pitchers... not

even for pitcher like Oliver Perez...

Mark (248) Teixeira can't even hit above his weight anymore....

A-Rod (Mr. March) represent a great risky business for the

Stinbrenners' check book. In fact, no Doctor in America can 

cure A-Rod's ailiments... And unfortunately, the

Yanks don't have any games schedule in Germany this season.

The Yanks pitching staff is a disaster waiting to happen....

Andy (39) Pettitte is making a comeback, but he could be a big

distraction for the Yanks... the Roger Clemens trial is coming

soon at theater near you... and Andy could be the openig day 

starting pitcher for the prosecutor.  Michael Pineda isn't Bob Gibson...

Not yet. Freddy Garcia is a longshot. Sabathia looks tired.

Conclusion> The Yanks have a decent team to win the wild-card

in the NLC division, but this team is not good enough to compete with

the young and exciting AL (Tampa, Boston, Texas, Detroit, etc) Teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season

Every year, most Red Sox fans don't take the Yankees seriously. The typical claim is "they are too old". It will be no suprise if they win the AL East, again, as they nearly always do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season:
    Every year, most Red Sox fans don't take the Yankees seriously. The typical claim is "they are too old". It will be no suprise if they win the AL East, again, as they nearly always do.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Back in 2007...

No one thought that Obama had a chance to win the 2008 Democratic convention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season:
    HI! For your Information.... Most of the fans refuse to take the Yanks seriously this season and I will tell you why.... The Yanks' lineup is no longer a nightmare for MLB pitchers... not even for pitcher like Oliver Perez... Mark (248) Teixeira can't even hit above his weight anymore.... A-Rod (Mr. March) represent a great risky business for the Stinbrenners' check book. In fact, no Doctor in America can  cure A-Rod's ailiments... And unfortunately, the Yanks don't have any games schedule in Germany this season. The Yanks pitching staff is a disaster waiting to happen.... Andy (39) Pettitte is making a comeback, but he could be a big distraction for the Yanks... the Roger Clemens trial is coming soon at theater near you... and Andy could be the openig day  starting pitcher for the prosecutor.  Michael Pineda isn't Bob Gibson... Not yet. Freddy Garcia is a longshot. Sabathia looks tired. Conclusion /> The Yanks have a decent team to win the wild-card in the NLC division, but this team is not good enough to compete with the young and exciting AL (Tampa, Boston, Texas, Detroit, etc) Teams.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

I never take the Yanks lightly, nor do most of our fans.  We have as many or more question marks as they do going into the season so I'm sure there are some who don't take our club seriously either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season:
    In Response to The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : I never take the Yanks lightly, nor do most of our fans.  We have as many or more question marks as they do going into the season so I'm sure there are some who don't take our club seriously either.
    Posted by craze4sox

We still have a very young and exciting team. The Yanks fans
    can't not say the same. Did I answer your question ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : We still have a very young and exciting team. The Yanks fans can't not say the same. Did I answer your question ?
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

Old age doesn't usually stop the Yanks from hanging around, or possibly coming in ahead of us in the standings from year to year.  I do agree we have younger players and reason to be hopeful this season but the game is played on the field, not by looking at ones birth certificate.  Or in Papi's case, old napkin with his age written in crayon :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : We still have a very young and exciting team. The Yanks fans can't not say the same. Did I answer your question ?
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

If you find the Sox being in 3rd or 4th place exciting, thats cool.  The Yanks will win the division.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Even the venerable moonie agrees: the yanks will tank this year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Wasn't the fear of being a witness in the Clemens trial one of the reasons that Andy retired? Now it can happen again. Won't that put him into the spotlight and bring up attention to his drug problem and confession? Do the Yankees want to be in the steroid fishbowl again after six of their former players were accused / confessed to using steroids?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

Posted by bald-predictions

Hey Mr.BP, very Clever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

as red sox fans, its our job to not take the yankees seriously.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by bald-predictions

Just like Beni, didn't you say that last year? The difference is, this year the Yankees aren't underdogs to the RS; think about that for a moment; when many Yankee fans expected the RS to win, they didn't. 

If the RS were worse than the current Mets, and the Yankees were the '98 version, you'd see the same spew from Beni & Co. Spring hopes eternal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season:
    HI! For your Information.... Most of the fans refuse to take the Yanks seriously this season and I will tell you why.... The Yanks' lineup is no longer a nightmare for MLB pitchers... not even for pitcher like Oliver Perez... Mark (248) Teixeira can't even hit above his weight anymore.... A-Rod (Mr. March) represent a great risky business for the Stinbrenners' check book. In fact, no Doctor in America can  cure A-Rod's ailiments... And unfortunately, the Yanks don't have any games schedule in Germany this season. The Yanks pitching staff is a disaster waiting to happen.... Andy (39) Pettitte is making a comeback, but he could be a big distraction for the Yanks... the Roger Clemens trial is coming soon at theater near you... and Andy could be the openig day  starting pitcher for the prosecutor.  Michael Pineda isn't Bob Gibson... Not yet. Freddy Garcia is a longshot. Sabathia looks tired. Conclusion /> The Yanks have a decent team to win the wild-card in the NLC division, but this team is not good enough to compete with the young and exciting AL (Tampa, Boston, Texas, Detroit, etc) Teams.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

Pure amateur. When you asked me that question on your other thread and I embarrassed you with the answer, you disappeared. Pure amateur.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

If I were an avid Yankee fan out of place on a Boston Globe forum earmarked for Red Sox fans, Beni would really pizz me off also. I can't blame Yankee fans who come here with ulterior motives to dislike this Beni character. After all, it ruins a good night for rival fans who come here to annoy and irritate loyal Red Sox fans to have this roadblock in their way and to slow them down. If I were a Yankee troll, I would call up J-Bay and see if there was anything that he could do about having Beni banned once again for being a Red Sox fan. J-Bay has been successful before for banning many Red Sox fans who were annoying his fraternity of Yankee trolls. I'll bet that he can do it once more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

If I were an avid Yankee fan out of place on a Boston Globe forum earmarked for Red Sox fans, Beni would really pizz me off also. I can't blame Yankee fans who come here with ulterior motives to dislike this Beni character. After all, it ruins a good night for rival fans who come here to annoy and irritate loyal Red Sox fans to have this roadblock in their way and to slow them down. If I were a Yankee troll, I would call up J-Bay and see if there was anything that he could do about having Beni banned once again for being a Red Sox fan. J-Bay has been successful before for banning many Red Sox fans who were annoying his fraternity of Yankee trolls. I'll bet that he can do it once more.
    Posted by lowelll

If jbay had the power to ban people, how do you explain the fact that you are still here?

Another lie that you continue to perpetuate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bentio, I saw your avatar today--on the window of a dentist office. It's an advertisement for some dental product. Meanwhile, why would we take seriously a team that resides in a city named after fruit, that wears prison stripes, and who's nickname--that was once applicable to the entire northern portion of our country--was hijacked to apply to one team in one city, and furthermore wouldn't even exist if it were not for our bloodiest war? Interlopers! Hooligans! Gangsters! Despoilers of all mankind! Sordid history of which they should be ashamed!!!! The 7th Massachusetts spilled as much blood as the 44th New York. How dare you!   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The dozen posters that J-Bay had banned and then bragged about the following day were all loyal Red Sox fans. They never bashed any players, managers, coaches, and ownership. J-Bay went after the wrong group. Only he can explain his motives. It appears from looking at his friends list and messages that were full of Yankee fans and enablers that he is most probably a closet Yankee fan. Go look at his profile for yourself. He sent a tearful message to Babe upon his return after a four month absence. Isn't that a clue? He doesn't fool me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The dozen posters that J-Bay had banned and then bragged about the following day were all loyal Red Sox fans. They never bashed any players, managers, coaches, and ownership. J-Bay went after the wrong group. Only he can explain his motives. It appears from looking at his friends list and messages that were full of Yankee fans and enablers that he is most probably a closet Yankee fan. Go look at his profile for yourself. He sent a tearful message to Babe upon his return after a four month absence. Isn't that a clue? He doesn't fool me.
    Posted by lowelll

LOL...how come he hasn't gotten YOU banned yet then? Pike, funny, funny little man.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : LOL...how come he hasn't gotten YOU banned yet then? Pike, funny, funny little man.....
    Posted by TheExaminer

pikesaysthis' dementia does not allow him to answer questions, only ask them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : LOL...how come he hasn't gotten YOU banned yet then? Pike, funny, funny little man.....
    Posted by TheExaminer

Don't I remember you gloating about it when J-Bay got those dozen loyal Red Sox posters banned? Why was that? Is there something that annoyed you about the "Dirty Dozen"? Why is loyalty worse than trollism to you? You sure don't sound like a Red Sox fan to me?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I take them seriously, but know they have weaknesses just like every team does. One is age and the inevitable decline associated with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

I take them seriously, but know they have weaknesses just like every team does. One is age and the inevitable decline associated with it.
    Posted by moonslav59

We know, you have been beating that same dead horse for at least 3 years now. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : Just like Beni, didn't you say that last year? The difference is, this year the Yankees aren't underdogs to the RS; think about that for a moment; when many Yankee fans expected the RS to win, they didn't.  If the RS were worse than the current Mets, and the Yankees were the '98 version, you'd see the same spew from Beni & Co. Spring hopes eternal.
    Posted by nhsteven

I repeat>  Most of the fans refuse to take the Yanks seriously this season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Who doesn't take them seriously?  While alarmed by their pitching moves this winter I do admit that now I am not so worked up about it. I think their staff could fall apart just as easily as ours did last season.

This should be the most all-around competitive season we have seen in the AL since the 1970's.

Sections
Shortcuts