The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season

The only Yankee pitcher or player for that matter that I drafted on my fantasy team is Ivan Nova. Nova a 16 game winner last year for some reason is being demoted to the bull-pen. Makes no sense. Anyone here have any opinion on that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This poster is not Beni. It's someone posting like Beni, but the two shouldn't be confused.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season:
    In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : I repeat />  Most of the fans refuse to take the Yanks seriously this season.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

Good comeback, LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season:
    The only Yankee pitcher or player for that matter that I drafted on my fantasy team is Ivan Nova. Nova a 16 game winner last year for some reason is being demoted to the bull-pen. Makes no sense. Anyone here have any opinion on that?
    Posted by BurritoT

B - I believe the Yankees, while of course shooting for everything this year will tread very lightly with the kids for next year. Pineda's velocity may be down a bit this spring, but he is pitching to a + 3.00 ERA; Nova's is over 6.00. No reason to mess with his overall confidence. I think he is overthrowing to prove himself and when you overthrow, you never succeed. I think with the impending return of Andy, NY will play safe bets and then go all in with youth next year.

2013: CC, Pineda, Nova, Betances, Hughes. Low cost and potential very high yield.

Moon has been predicting that age will catch up to NY one day soon and maybe he is right. But the reality is that they have an athletic old left side of the infield. And they have a veteran bench which I think is a good thing. They can handle sitting a lot easier than kids. As sorry to say, Mariano Rivera is never going to get old when it comes to pitching.

Jeter and A-Rod both had off years last year and NY still won 97 games. CC pitched horribly the last 6 weeks and they survived with Colon and Garcia. They Yankee team has more than enough youth at superstar level or close to at least for them to go one or two more year like this. Mo is the key.

Now if you were a betting man, would you bet against Mo?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : I repeat />  Most of the fans refuse to take the Yanks seriously this season.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

And I repeat, you are an amateur. I think you are Pike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : B - I believe the Yankees, while of course shooting for everything this year will tread very lightly with the kids for next year. Pineda's velocity may be down a bit this spring, but he is pitching to a + 3.00 ERA; Nova's is over 6.00. No reason to mess with his overall confidence. I think he is overthrowing to prove himself and when you overthrow, you never succeed. I think with the impending return of Andy, NY will play safe bets and then go all in with youth next year. 2013: CC, Pineda, Nova, Betances, Hughes. Low cost and potential very high yield. Moon has been predicting that age will catch up to NY one day soon and maybe he is right. But the reality is that they have an athletic old left side of the infield. And they have a veteran bench which I think is a good thing. They can handle sitting a lot easier than kids. As sorry to say, Mariano Rivera is never going to get old when it comes to pitching. Jeter and A-Rod both had off years last year and NY still won 96 games. CC pitched horribly the last 6 weeks and they survived with Colon and Garcia. They Yankee team has more than enough youth at superstar level or close to at least for them to go one or two more year like this. Mo is the key. Now if you were a betting man, would you bet against Mo?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Yankees won 97 games in 2011.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Posted by BurritoT

Just a guess, could be that he just sucks like all of the other Yankee pitchers.

Russell Martin said Nova had all 4 of pitches working his last outing which was yesterday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : Yankees won 97 games in 2011.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

typo-  thanks

Just finished reading this mornings paper and it seems Nova pitched very well yesterday. you may be good to go with him in the rotation B.

Pineda is pitching for a spot that I don't think exists right now. Thankfully, I think the NY F.O. does not expect immediate return on this trade. And that is the smart way of looking at it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Fantasy sake I hope he duplucates 2011.... except that he never beats Boston of course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : typo-  thanks Just finished reading this mornings paper and it seems Nova pitched very well yesterday. you may be good to go with him in the rotation B. Pineda is pitching for a spot that I don't think exists right now. Thankfully, I think the NY F.O. does not expect immediate return on this trade. And that is the smart way of looking at it.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Freddy G. pitching well too, could be that he ends up in the pen.

I think they would like to keep all the young guys up in the Bronx, jmo.

That would make the rotation CC, Kuroda, Hughes, Nova, Pineda.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : Freddy G. pitching well too, could be that he ends up in the pen. I think they would like to keep all the young guys up in the Bronx, jmo. That would make the rotation CC, Kuroda, Hughes, Nova, Pineda.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Garcia is definitely in the rotation. I would bet on that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Posted by BurritoT

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Burrito, Girardi said yesterday that he can't see Garcia not in the rotation. He loves the guy and why not? Solid, steady, mid 3's ERA and ultra low maintenance. He said Hughes could now be #3 with his off season regimen and the way he's thrown this spring. Yanks view Kuroda as innings eater w/ solid low 3's ERA, low whip, no maintenance. That leaves Pineda and Nova. Both big time young arms w/ heavy upside. It's all numbers--they want to see Pineda in the rotation and he's done nothing in the Spring to deny him that. Nova trying to impress, although he certainly doesn't have to. The real issue will be Pettite coming back. That guy is ready to put up serious smart pitching #s. Don't know what Girardi will do then. If a manager has a Pettite, you pitch him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : And I repeat, you are an amateur. I think you are Pike.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I am an amateur because I am telling you the truth about

your team... We are all entitled to our own opinions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

IMHO only a fool would look past and take the yanks for granted. better yet out side of the oriholes I'm not looking past anyone in the american league east. it's only spring training I know but the bluejays have won 12 and lost only 4. the rays are looking pretty good in their pitching dept.....so as far as the OP is concerned, I think if you took a straw poll around yawkey way you might not get to hear what you want from RSN.

and as for pike? I know JBay a helluva lot better than you do and saying bs about JBay getting posters banned is just what it sounds like bs. No poster in this forum has the power to get another poster banned. reported maybe, but banned absolutely not. so go backoff in your own jackyard. lolWink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

IMHO only a fool would look past and take the yanks for granted. better yet out side of the oriholes I'm not looking past anyone in the american league east. it's only spring training I know but the bluejays have won 12 and lost only 4. the rays are looking pretty good in their pitching dept.....so as far as the OP is concerned, I think if you took a straw poll around yawkey way you might not get to hear what you want from RSN. and as for pike? I know JBay a helluva lot better than you do and saying bs about JBay getting posters banned is just what it sounds like bs. No poster in this forum has the power to get another poster banned. reported maybe, but banned absolutely not. so go backoff in your own jackyard. lol
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Thanks Hammah. Pike is referring to last year, when he was posting personal information about other posters. He was reported and Pike knows by whom, and it wasn't me. Taking advantage of that poster not being on the forum during the off season and hoping others won't remember, but Pike does.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : Thanks Hammah. Pike is referring to last year, when he was posting personal information about other posters. He was reported and Pike knows by whom, and it wasn't me. Taking advantage of that poster not being on the forum during the off season and hoping others won't remember, but Pike does.
    Posted by J-BAY

gottcha "J"! it's a new season next week and we seem to be getting quite a few new posters with few posts that seem to know quite a bit about our little coffee clutch. you know what I'm saying?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : I am an amateur because I am telling you the truth about your team... We are all entitled to our own opinions.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

No, you are an amateur because of your disappearing act; that's what JE was referring to. If you're going to deflect, you need to do better than that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

IMHO only a fool would look past and take the yanks for granted. better yet out side of the oriholes I'm not looking past anyone in the american league east. it's only spring training I know but the bluejays have won 12 and lost only 4. the rays are looking pretty good in their pitching dept.....so as far as the OP is concerned, I think if you took a straw poll around yawkey way you might not get to hear what you want from RSN. and as for pike? I know JBay a helluva lot better than you do and saying bs about JBay getting posters banned is just what it sounds like bs. No poster in this forum has the power to get another poster banned. reported maybe, but banned absolutely not. so go backoff in your own jackyard. lol
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Agreed, especially Pike's twisted take on J-Bay

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenitoMyHero. Show BenitoMyHero's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : No, you are an amateur because of your disappearing act; that's what JE was referring to. If you're going to deflect, you need to do better than that.
    Posted by nhsteven

Very Good !

Now what is your opinion about the fans refusing to take the Yanks 
    seriously this season ?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : Very Good ! Now what is your opinion about  the fans refusing to take the Yanks  seriously this season ?
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

As usual, those fans are mistaken.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Now what is your opinion about the fans refusing to take the Yanks seriously this season ? makes sense I mean it's not like the sox will be competing with nyy  for 1st place more like sox texas, TB and blues jays  competing for a wc
    Posted by pinstripezac

Yes, Zac, and a lot of us RS fans also watch ESPN.  Hard to avoid, given the various channels of idiocy.

But for what it's worth, NY ain't winning the series, buddy.  Neither is Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Things haven't changed around here ... still nonsense like this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In Response to The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season:
    HI! For your Information.... Most of the fans refuse to take the Yanks seriously this season and I will tell you why.... The Yanks' lineup is no longer a nightmare for MLB pitchers... not even for pitcher like Oliver Perez... Mark (248) Teixeira can't even hit above his weight anymore.... A-Rod (Mr. March) represent a great risky business for the Stinbrenners' check book. In fact, no Doctor in America can  cure A-Rod's ailiments... And unfortunately, the Yanks don't have any games schedule in Germany this season. The Yanks pitching staff is a disaster waiting to happen.... Andy (39) Pettitte is making a comeback, but he could be a big distraction for the Yanks... the Roger Clemens trial is coming soon at theater near you... and Andy could be the openig day  starting pitcher for the prosecutor.  Michael Pineda isn't Bob Gibson... Not yet. Freddy Garcia is a longshot. Sabathia looks tired. Conclusion /> The Yanks have a decent team to win the wild-card in the NLC division, but this team is not good enough to compete with the young and exciting AL (Tampa, Boston, Texas, Detroit, etc) Teams.
    Posted by BenitoMyHero

Smiley, is that you?  This post definitely sounds like something you would write.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Nation isn't Taking the Yanks Seriously this Season : Yes, Zac, and a lot of us RS fans also watch ESPN.  Hard to avoid, given the various channels of idiocy. But for what it's worth, NY ain't winning the series, buddy.  Neither is Boston.
    Posted by soups

How do you know this? If that's a guess, OK then.

Sections
Shortcuts