The Red Sox Now & the Future

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: The Red Sox Now & the Future

I like CC for Santana straight up.

LMAO! No way is that going to happen. In addition, Santana isn't going to provide any value to a pitching staff that isn't the problem to begin with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

tom, how's this one:

(remember, I am not suggesting these trade offers for guys I want or think will help out team, but more as a way to save money in the longterm and maybe get something out of the guys we get in return.)

Trade:
    Crawford: 12:$19.5M, 13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M,17:$21M
    Ranaudo
    Anderson
    Coyle

For:
    A. Rios: 12:$12M, 13:$12.5M, 14:$12.5M,15:$13.5M club option ($1M buyout)
    Floyd: 12:$7M, 13:$9.5M club option

I don't like Rios at all, but he offsets enough of the CC cost to make it worthwhile to the CWS. The money saved will go a long way to improving this team... if Ben spends more wisely than Theo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Either Rios, Dunn, Lillibridge and  Floyd

For CC, Buch, Aviles and Ranaudo.

Beckett, Youk, Ross and a top prospect to Houston for Wandy, Myers and a prospect.

Floyd and Wandy slide in as the #2 and #3 behind Lester. Rios takes over in CF and Dunn is our LF, PH occasional DH and back up 1 B.

Lineup: Rios, Pedroia, AGon, Ortiz, Middlebrooks, Dunn, Lav, Sweeney and Iggy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Now & the Future:
    [QUOTE]tom, how's this one: (remember, I am not suggesting these trade offers for guys I want or think will help out team, but more as a way to save money in the longterm and maybe get something out of the guys we get in return.) Trade: Crawford:  12 :$19.5M,  13 :$20M,  14 :$20.25M,  15 :$20.5M,  16 :$20.75M, 17 :$21M Ranaudo Anderson Coyle For: A. Rios:  12 :$12M,  13 :$12.5M,  14 :$12.5M, 15 :$13.5M club option ($1M buyout) Floyd:  12 :$7M,  13 :$9.5M club option I don't like Rios at all, but he offsets enough of the CC cost to make it worthwhile to the CWS. The money saved will go a long way to improving this team... if Ben spends more wisely than Theo.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Moon,

i could see that. Anderson is blocked by Agon, Coyle is Blocked by Pedroia and the Sox have IF depth in the minors. I like Ranuado, but Barnes may have passed him as our Top Pitching prospect. Since Floyd takes a rotation spot, do you think the WSox would consider Buch instead of Ranaudo, which saves the Sox more money on the Ml roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon,

i could see that. Anderson is blocked by Agon, Coyle is Blocked by Pedroia and the Sox have IF depth in the minors. I like Ranuado, but Barnes may have passed him as our Top Pitching prospect. Since Floyd takes a rotation spot, do you think the WSox would consider Buch instead of Ranaudo, which saves the Sox more money on the Ml roster.

I actually thought of Buch, but I was thinking the CWS want to cut salary, and that was why we took Rios. Also, my idea of getting Floyd, was to move Bard back to the pen, but that won't be happening soon.

I'd think about this:

CC, Buch, Anderson & Coyle
    for
    Floyd, Rios, and Thorton

or

CC, Buch, Anderson & Coyle
    for
    Peavy and Floyd

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd like to see our top of the order look like this until AGon starts hitting for power:

1) Sweeney vs RHPs/Aviles vs LHPs
    2) Nava vs RHPs/Middlebrooks vs LHPs
    3) Papi
    4) Pedey
    5) AGon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We're almost at the quarter mark.

It's interesting to note that...

Ross and Aviles are on pace for 100+ RBIS

We have 5 or 6 players on pace for over 20 HRs.

6 players with 40+ 2Bs (5 with 50+)

We have a 75 point higher OPS vs LHPs than righties.

We've scored almost as many runs per game on the road as at home.

We now have 4 starters under a 5.00 ERA.

Our pen has lowered its WHIP to 1.222

Our team ERA?

3.90 the last 28 days
    3.25 the last 14 days
    1.19 the last 7 days!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Good job, moon.

I too am troubled by the status - or lack of it - of the outfield.

But that list of free agents leaves me feeling - meh.

Not sure what the solution could be, but good drafting and maybe a trade for top prospects - however that may occur - could be the solution.

Meaning a top-shelf outfield would be four or five years away.

Heck, if we had the pitching, we could settle for a number of defensive skillsters.

Where is the next Dewey Evans?  Inquiring minds want to know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox Now & the Future:
    [QUOTE]Good job, moon. I too am troubled by the status - or lack of it - of the outfield. But that list of free agents leaves me feeling - meh. Not sure what the solution could be, but good drafting and maybe a trade for top prospects - however that may occur - could be the solution. Meaning a top-shelf outfield would be four or five years away. Heck, if we had the pitching, we could settle for a number of defensive skillsters. Where is the next Dewey Evans?  Inquiring minds want to know.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

If we had great pitching, we could "settle" on a couple speedy defensive OFs- one with excellent OBP skills and the other with decent RH'd power.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

Absolutely agree that the Sox can trade (for example) Crawford once he's healthy and playing reasonably well. Come the July trade deadline 10 + teams will be thinking about the post season and looking for players that can put them over the top. Whereas I've never believed Crawford was a good fit for the Red Sox, he would be a good fit for a number of teams (mostly in the National League). The Sox may have to buy down his contract, but a deal can be made.
    Frankly my interest would be in young pitching prospects, but unloading a good part of Carl's contract would be the first consideration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think the best chance to trade CC is for someone elses salary dump with a shorter length deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Youk went 1 for 4 with 2Ks with Pawtucket.

Germano got lit up (6 ER in 3 IP).

Mortensen: 2 IP 1 H 0ER  (0.60 ERA in AAA).

Portland:

Linares went 2 for 3 with 2 BBs (He's at .325)
    Pimentel: 6 IP  4H  0 ER  2Bb  6Ks

Salem:

Bradley 1/3  .366
    Bogaerts 2/3 .274

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty and Mikey are certainly doing their best to keep Lava and Iggy in AAA.

Sections
Shortcuts