The Red Sox still have a 98.7% chance to make the playoffs this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

The Red Sox still have a 98.7% chance to make the playoffs this season

According to Baseball Prospectus.com

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Best.Team.Evah. Show Best.Team.Evah's posts

Re: The Red Sox still have a 98.7% chance to make the playoffs this season

Updated 7:33 am Pac, Sep 11 2011

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

Rays have stayed away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Those numbers mean nothing when the team is playing like they are.  Does it factor in the rotation of Wakefield, Lackey, Miller, Weiland and Lester?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

And all the more humiliating when they don't make the playoffs then isn't it?

I agree with ADG, trotting out 4 #5 starters makes the percentage more like 50-50 at best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

In Response to The Red Sox still have a 98.7% chance to make the playoffs this season:
    According to Baseball Prospectus.com http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/
    Posted by william93063

That's BS and nothing more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Clearly math was not any of your strong subjects!  This type of data is overwhelmingly accurate. Stop the negativity it doesn't help anything. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox still have a 98.7% chance to make the playoffs this season:
    In Response to The Red Sox still have a 98.7% chance to make the playoffs this season : That's BS and nothing more.
    Posted by greenapplesplatters

So then you are conceding that although the Yankees have a 99% chance  of making the postseason they will miss too?  Okay got it!  Thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

I just realized I responded to a pink hatter...oh the shame of it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Will doesn't have a pink hat.

His is just like mine. 

Once it was red.

But I've worn it for so long, the color has worn out ....

But we still wear the hat.

No matter what.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nctomatoman. Show nctomatoman's posts

ESPN has them at 88.2 - which seems to be a bit more realistic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to Re: The Red Sox still have a 98.7% chance to make the playoffs this season:
    ESPN has them at 88.2 - which seems to be a bit more realistic. http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings
    Posted by nctomatoman

Yaz,

Pink hatters are the ones who leave in droves during a losing streak such as this one.  The true dedicated, loyal fans are the ones who support their team especially in these times!  I am proud to say we share that outlook!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

By my calculations, after this weekend, I have a 13% chance of having to eat my pink hat in front of all the so-called fans who have a 100% chance of destroying the Sox at every turn and burying them at any opportunity.  So, to cope, I will be upping my whiskey intake by 16% until the Sox find themselves 100% in the post-season.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Absolutely!

I don't give up until a week after the magic number ...

Just to help balance the scale with all those who give up in April, May and September!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Those numbers mean nothing when the team is playing like they are.  Does it factor in the rotation of Wakefield, Lackey, Miller, Weiland and Lester?
    Posted by ADG

No, of course not.  Baseball Prospectus is a Red Sox tool.

It just closes it's eyes and throws out numbers.

Really, your hubris is quite amazing.  Take on Tito and all the rest, but you really don't think they (B.P.)  factor in the most obvious factors?

I wonder what you think they base their findings on?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to The Red Sox still have a 98.7% chance to make the playoffs this season : That's BS and nothing more.
    Posted by greenapplesplatters

I think that they will get in Muggah...OOPS...Greenapples. Not that it is the best thing for them at this point, but the fact is that the Rays have a tougher schedule and are three behind still. If they win it, kudos to them.

Sections
Shortcuts