The Red Sox Winning Record Has Been Fool's Gold

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: The Red Sox Winning Record Has Been Fool's Gold

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Good morning to my good Red Sox friends on this forum.

Piling on wins against the cellar dwellar, Triple A Houston Astros, has been a lot of fool’s gold; you’ve been catching the worst team in MLB. My good friends, you’ve become too smitten with yourselves just because your Sox put some wins together in April.

Your Sox record when Lester and Buchholtz(who has never pitched 200 or more innings) is a pedestrian 9-7.

Moreover, your Sox offense has several key players with anemic batting averages:

Drew=.146; Gomes=.179; Middlebrooks=.202; Saltalamacchia= .239

And the mighty pitching staff? A closer look exposes its flaws; in fact it looks more like Minnie than Mighty.

First let’s examine your starting rotation. After your number one and two, you're saddled with end of the rotation pitchers. Lackey is a total unknown. Dempster is a NL finesse pitcher who dramatically failed last year in Texas. Doubront is totally inconsistent; he has an ERA= 4.24.

Next the highly touted bullpen. Miller ERA=4.76; Mortensen ERA=5.06; Hanrahan ERA=11.57; Wright ERA= 12.27 Aceves and Bard were demoted.

Remember no World Series Championships are passed out in April.

You don't have any "friends" on this Red Sox board. You are here solely to stir the pot. Its pointless to try discussing baseball with a troll such as yourself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

That's a reasonable "glass half empty" view.  The glass half full account suggests that even with several key players underperforming or hurt, this team has managed a great April and did exactly what they needed to do - beat up on the lesser opponents.  Plus the Jays have stumbled out of the gate instead of coming out as the clear class of the division.  Nobody expects the team to continue at a .720 winning pace, but that's not required to make the playoffs.  Plus this team is much more fun to watch than the self appointed best team is history from a couple years ago.

If Buch and Lester remain consistent this team may surprise many people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

says the head fool...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Piling on wins against the cellar dwellar, Triple A Houston Astros, has been a lot of fool’s gold; you’ve been catching the worst team in MLB. My good friends, you’ve become too smitten with yourselves just because your Sox put some wins together in April.

Your Sox record when Lester and Buchholtz(who has never pitched 200 or more innings) is a pedestrian 9-7.

Moreover, your Sox offense has several key players with anemic batting averages:

And the mighty pitching staff? A closer look exposes its flaws; in fact it looks more like Minnie than Mighty.

First let’s examine your starting rotation. After your number one and two, you're saddled with end of the rotation pitchers. Lackey is a total unknown. Dempster is a NL finesse pitcher who dramatically failed last year in Texas. Doubront is totally inconsistent; he has an ERA= 4.24.

Next the highly touted bullpen. Miller ERA=4.76; Mortensen ERA=5.06; Hanrahan ERA=11.57; Wright ERA= 12.27 Aceves and Bard were demoted.

Good.

Then, we can disregard any wins the Yankees pick up this week.

Obviously, they wont count.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

And lets add that Manny is playing on Taiwan.....Yaz is over 70.....and Ted Williams is no longer with us.....because those facts are as pertinent to the Sox Succcess this year as the ones you cherry picked

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

The Yankees "to their credit" have won game after game with guys that have been washed up for years.  This by far has been the biggest surprise because their pitching is just at or above average at best. 

We have a pretty good team on the field every day.  When you get the strong all round pitching and play top notch defense like we have, winning comes often. 

Not a huge surprise to me at all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What a freaking idiot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

The astros can still hit so the pitching by the sox was still impressive.  Yes, I will give you that the sox should have beaten up on the astros pitchers.  The sox go on the road and I have posted on my profile that they should do well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

If you all are tired of this moronic TROLL from NYC and do not want to read his rants, first why bother to respond at all as he obviously gets off on this and it just fuels the fire for him to post more often and secondly just put him on IGNORE. Problem solved, no more moron. 

Hetch

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Your Red Sox are beating up on lowly teams.

I can't remember. What's our record against yanks?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

You don't have any "friends" on this Red Sox board. You are here solely to stir the pot. Its pointless to try discussing baseball with a troll such as yourself.

Thing is pumpsie, he's a good guy and poster, as himself. Hard to figure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

When are Youk and Jeter coming back?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hi Frank, our great "Friend" from NYC.

Sorry but after I identified you as a moronic troll you posted six times but unfortunately I cannot read them because I have you on IGNORE ! Whoah is poor unfortunate me, not being able to read or respond to your intellectual gibberish.

Whoah is me !!

Hetch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Why do you guys respond to this grendade launcher?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm going to laugh hysterically when the Yankee regulars come back and everyone realizes they are a better team NOW!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Lloyd, 

I'm not responding as much as just toying with the sad soul !! Guess you could say I'm having my fun with TrollBoyFrank in my on own way. Children will be Children even at 64 years young like myself and I don't mind being a big child now and then.

Cheers,

Hetch 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Lloyd, 

I'm not responding as much as just toying with the sad soul !! Guess you could say I'm having my fun with TrollBoyFrank in my on own way. Children will be Children even at 64 years young like myself and I don't mind being a big child now and then.

Cheers,

Hetch 

Understood. Honestly, I've been guilty in the past.

Sections
Shortcuts