THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION......

CAN NOT GO BACK TO BACK WITH TEXAS & THE YANK$...... WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU LIBERAL T-BALLERS ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION......

The above is absurd the road to the series starts with making the play-offs period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION......:
    [QUOTE]   The above is absurd the road to the series starts with making the play-offs period.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]  OH THANKS DAN, HOW FOOLISH OF ME !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION......:
    [QUOTE]   The above is absurd the road to the series starts with making the play-offs period.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Yup

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION......:
    [QUOTE]   CAN NOT GO BACK TO BACK WITH TEXAS & THE YANK$...... WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU LIBERAL T-BALLERS ?????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

So you prefer Verlander twice in a five game set?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

JUST LIKE 2004.

Ummm .... nevermind.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeDizzle. Show MikeDizzle's posts

I would love to see the sox win the division cuz who wouldn't home field and all, but I'm not to worried when you compare the schedules. The yanks play 33 in 30 days with a west coast trip and finish against the SOX and the Rays while we go to the finish against the likes of toronto, baltimore, rays, yanks and baltimore. They have the tougher schedule and will not be able to rest the starters and set up the rotation as well as we will be able to. Either way the Sox are in the pennant would be great, and make sense, but if the bats heat up I don't know if they can be beat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

You don't win the division, you are out is  4.  You win the Division and you are out in 5.  Either way, Roid Sox fan, your goose is cooked.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

I understand being nervous about facing Verlander twice in a 5 gamer, but don't you think that Beckett or Lester can match him in a t least one game? That the Sox can force the game to bullpens at somepoint, which is when the Sox would have the overwhelming edge. As a Yankee fan, I have seen the NYY beat Verlander fairly consistently the last few years (this year included), the formula is keep it close...make him throw a lot of pitches, and get him out before the 8th inning... then kill their bullpen, easier said then done for sure, but I would think Lester or Beckett could follow that formula at least once. Those guys are to clutch to not beat Verlander once. (and no, this is not some kind of reverse jinx...just the way I see things)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustPlayTheGame. Show JustPlayTheGame's posts

n Response to Re: THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION......:
    In Response to THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION...... : So you prefer Verlander twice in a five game set?
    Posted by notin

I am getting sick of this fear of facing Verlander twice in a 5 game series. If we're as good as we think we are, we beat him in game 1, sweep the series, and don't see him again until 2012. Why the assumption that a series with the freaking Tigers is gonna go 5?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

n Response to Re: THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION...... : I am getting sick of this fear of facing Verlander twice in a 5 game series. If we're as good as we think we are, we beat him in game 1, sweep the series, and don't see him again until 2012. Why the assumption that a series with the freaking Tigers is gonna go 5?
    Posted by JustPlayTheGame
    WELL SAID !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

n Response to Re: THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION...... : I am getting sick of this fear of facing Verlander twice in a 5 game series. If we're as good as we think we are, we beat him in game 1, sweep the series, and don't see him again until 2012. Why the assumption that a series with the freaking Tigers is gonna go 5?
    Posted by JustPlayTheGame

As opposed to the assumption that this team cannot beat the Rangers?

Prety sure we took 3 out of 4 from them in Arlington not that long ago.  And their slight lead in the season series is based on sweeping the first 3 games of the year, and this Red Sox team bears very fwe resemblances to that team that started 2-10.  Do you fear meeting Cleveland in the post-season as well?

And why Sox fans fear the Yankees, whom the Dox have pretty much owned all year, is beyond me?  But yes, complain about Verlander...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

We can beat any team in a series, no worries.  We have a devastating lineup of hitters, and guys like Crawford who will jack a slam when you least expect it.  I would love to see the Sox go two against Verlander.  He may not get to pitch that second game though ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is absolutely better to win the division.  I think some people are talking up the desirability of the wild card as a way of excusing their feeling that we are not quite good enough to win the division. Sort of saying that we are better off with the wild card ,anyway. This is nonsense.  Be more confident , folks. Go for the division. Don't talk about who we might be facing twice in a five game series , etc. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

It is absolutely better to win the division.  I think some people are talking up the desirability of the wild card as a way of excusing their feeling that we are not quite good enough to win the division. Sort of saying that we are better off with the wild card ,anyway. This is nonsense.  Be more confident , folks. Go for the division. Don't talk about who we might be facing twice in a five game series , etc. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

Your absolutely right "dgalehouse".  If I'm not mistaken, Francona and others have said numerous times that games played in the 1st part of a season are not as important as games played in September and October, a saying that I for one have never agreed with, if true.  Well, here we are in September where games are most important so it will be interesting to me to see if Francona also gets interested in treating every game from here on out like there is no tomorrow, after all Francona has been giving many of his players days off plenty of times previous to September and October.  There should be one goal, and only one goal for the Red Sox right now, that being to win the Division and get home field advantage.  After that, win the World Series.  SmileGO SOX!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

To go by the 2004 plan is to expect miracles.  The Red Sox are like the Yankees now and winning as the division leader is the far more likely path.  Without it the miracles will more likely come from the less well heeled opposition.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION...... :   OH THANKS DAN, HOW FOOLISH OF ME !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Have you checked the standings lately. The Tigers are only one game back in loss column. Winning the division could possibly set up a Rangers, Yankees, post season. BTW I'm sure the Rangers last year preferred the Giants, and how did that work out for them. The advantage of home field can not be over looked, but is not as important as a rested and healthy pitching staff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: THE ROAD TO THE WORLD SERIES, STARTS WITH WINNING THE DIVISION...... :    Have you checked the standings lately. The Tigers are only one game back in loss column. Winning the division could possibly set up a Rangers, Yankees, post season. BTW I'm sure the Rangers last year preferred the Giants, and how did that work out for them. The advantage of home field can not be over looked, but is not as important as a rested and healthy pitching staff.
    Posted by attic-dan
    SON, I HATE TO SAY IT..... BUT, WE ARE IN TROUBLE !!!

Sections
Shortcuts