The secret to Colon's success?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: The secret to Colon's success?

In Response to The secret to Colon's success?:
    [QUOTE]http://riveraveblues.com/2011/05/mlb-to-investigate-colon-procedure-48001/ Like many other past Yankee "greats", it appears Bartolo Colon may have been getting some extra help.   This come as no surprise.  How long until there are similar revelations about Curtis Granderson, who was in decline the last few years, but now leads the majors in homers.
    Posted by True-Acumen[/QUOTE]

Here we go again...Silly-Betty using another alias to talk about the team that he really loves, the Yankees.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

How ridiculous that Yankee trolls are calling yet another fan Beni.  It's so obvious it's not him. Wow, I guess all anyone has to do is create some "hyphened" posters, and, of course, everyone will believe them to be Beni.  Oh wait, you guys already did that once before, and it worked.....carry on.

Btw, I can't believe Chain was even banned in the mass roundup of Sox fans. At least all the Yankee fans are accounted for since they never do anything wrong. That's a relief.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Um, why isn't what Colon used considered a "performance enhancing drug"?  I think what he did is more performance enhancing than steroids or HGH, at least from a pitching perspective.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

SoxPatsCelts1988  says

Um, why isn't what Colon used considered a "performance enhancing drug"? I think what he did is more performance enhancing than steroids or HGH, at least from a pitching perspective

I say

just like tommy john surgery

just like

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

Prune Juice & bran muffin's in the morning, just don't get stuck in traffic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Things that make you go Hmmmmm!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from THE--YAZ. Show THE--YAZ's posts

he eats a lot of roughage.

btw, true acumen, i hate your avatar. that idiot reflects everything that's wrong with this naive country.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[writes in notebook: "Curita."  books ticket to DR]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: The secret to Colon's success?:
    [QUOTE]How ridiculous that Yankee trolls are calling yet another fan Beni.  It's so obvious it's not him. Wow, I guess all anyone has to do is create some "hyphened" posters, and, of course, everyone will believe them to be Beni.  Oh wait, you guys already did that once before, and it worked.....carry on. Btw, I can't believe Chain was even banned in the mass roundup of Sox fans. At least all the Yankee fans are accounted for since they never do anything wrong. That's a relief.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Hi Kim, thanks for the support. Chain was banned and I don't know why.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Um, why isn't what Colon used considered a "performance enhancing drug"?  I think what he did is more performance enhancing than steroids or HGH, at least from a pitching perspective.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

SPC are you a doctor?

Just heard the Doctor that performed this on CNN...sounded totally legit and unconcerned about any wrong doing at all....my prediction is MLB will not find anything in violation with any of their policies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The secret to Colon's success? : Hi Kim, thanks for the support. Chain was banned and I don't know why.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Someone else used to always thank Kim for support also....shinypenny!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I attribute CC's success to the closing of Dinosaur BBQ at 125th St. and 12th Ave.

Though I can refer him to Rack and Soul on West 109th.  Great corn bread, btw. (Ask for extra sauce and extra cole slaw, CC, and tell 'em I sent ya.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]If HGH was used in the procedure, there will be no way to for MLB to know under the current testing policy.  I'm thinking that a procedure used to re-GROW muscle tissue is not going to be too useful without the Human GROWTH Hormone.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

And I'm thinking if Colon still sported the BOSTON logo you wouldn't be thinking that, amongst some other posts here, fandom notwithstanding. This kind of reminds me of the Ruth-DiMag/Williams dialogues. Regardless, in an attempt to connect the dots, a supoena should be issued for the Dr's records.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

The yanks are the biggest ped team in the league.

Tell them to give some peds to the sox, they need something to get going right now.  Whatever they're doing is just terrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]The yanks are the biggest ped team in the league. Tell them to give some peds to the sox, they need something to get going right now.  Whatever they're doing is just terrible.
    Posted by fancy-shamanski[/QUOTE]

Isn't the north end of Boston Yankee territory?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The secret to Colon's success? : Isn't the north end of Boston Yankee territory?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

It's possible. And there are quite a few Yankee fans in the Worcester area. WORC used to carry the Yankee games, and with some success, i recall. 

It all goes back to Joe  Dimaggio, and the way italian immigrants identified with him.  Same kind of attachment never happened with his brother Dominic, for some reason.

As Ron Washington says, "That's how baseball go!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The secret to Colon's success? : I don't know - I'll be the first to admit I'm a rabid homer, but even if there is no HGH involved, this feels more like PED use than Tommy John surgery.  If stem cells can hlep re-grow damaged tissue, they can help grow tissue that was never there.  The article said that the doctors initially approached Pedro Martinez, who was "unavailable".  I take that to mean he rejected the treatment - what would you think if the Sox rotation suddenly included a 39-year-old Pedro with a 97 mph fastball?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I would have the same opinion I have about Colon.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The secret to Colon's success? : I would have the same opinion I have about Colon.  
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Plus, Colon's stuff was similar on the RS; the difference was he broke down then, which could still happen this yr; the biggest difference is command, which is likely due to the fact he's pitching regularly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The secret to Colon's success? : In other words, no matter how dominating Pedro was, and how much it affected the pennant race, you would be content to sit back and let the lawyers fight it out until they could prove that the injection of foreign substances into his suddenly rejuvenated shoulder was a violation of MLB drug policy?  And should that conclusion be drawn after Pedro was named MVP of the World Series, you would be satisfied that justice eventually prevailed, and would never even hint that the championship had been tainted?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Part of life is allowing for due process; it's unfair, but that's the way it's been since the beginning of time. I may not be happy about it, but I would get over it.  And even if he's innocent and the Yankees win, some RS fans will likely be excessively b-tching about this ad nauseum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The secret to Colon's success? : Fair enough.  My position is this should have been fully investigated before he was allowed to throw a pitch in a MLB game.  MLB should be seriously acting on the side of caution right now.  I think I'd feel the same, regardless of his hat.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but in an ideal world; when/if someone is breaking the rules, it's the old cause and effect; a good example is the Olympics; the athletes are always ahead of the policing curve (they CAN take away medals, however); the Bad guys often win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

steven, glad to see you back posting man.

now my .02 cents. for a long long time I have had a problem distinguishing between what is defined as a performance enhancing drug and human growth hormone. this has bothered me because the two are not the same. PED's help a player/athlete to play/perform better due to it's influence how their body's perform.

Human growth hormone when injected into an area of tissue/muscle/tendon damage helps for that damage to heal at a quicker rate. am I right? I'm sorry but I just can't seem to agree that HGH is a PED. when they injected hgh into rodney harrisons knee it helped him to heal faster and through a ton of hard work he returned to the grid iron. andy pettitte had a shot that helped his arm to heal and he too put in the time and effort to return to the big league level. if Bartolo got a shot of hgh into his shoulder and it helped heal his ailing rotator cuff and degenerating muscle to heal along with the stem cells then why the brew ha-ha about it. bottom line here is that all these athletes still had to work very very hard to get back to the kind of physical shape that would allow them to play their sport again.

I wish they had HGH back when I was pitching in college and hurt my rotator cuff that ended my pitching career. not that I would have ever made the bigs but still,,, I loved to pitch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hammah, my understanding of HGH is it attacks fat; builds muscle in its place, therefore makes a body bigger and stronger. nevertheless, isnt it a MLB banned substance??

also hammah, i wanted to pass along my condolences about the loss of your sister.
    the worst loss a mother could experience is a child. may peace find you both.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

A-1 steak sauce...and Tim Wakefield's potato salad...Tongue out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

if Bartolo got a shot of hgh into his shoulder and it helped heal his ailing rotator cuff and degenerating muscle to heal along with the stem cells then why the brew ha-ha about it. bottom line here is that all these athletes still had to work very very hard to get back to the kind of physical shape that would allow them to play their sport again.

you got it hammah

my condolences  too

Sections
Shortcuts