The Silent Trigger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Only-In-America. Show Only-In-America's posts

Re: The Silent Trigger

In Response to Re: The Silent Trigger:
    [QUOTE]Master harness one last observation from my view on this thread: You made a comment on how pleasant the forum was for the past week due to all the banning's of the usual suspects... so having this happiness you promptly start a thread essentially bashing the so-called live game thread participants.   It wasn't enough that you started your Alternate Live Game Thread - which of course FAILED.  You targeted the majority.  The majority won (they unknowingly won this battle without even participating in it.) You had quiet, pike was gone, softlaw was gone. Having them not around to argue with, you moved on to your next target:  the rest of the devils in the forum.  You perhaps have a chart at your desk with different tiers of posters or posting style's that you prefer not to exist. Take one out and move down to the next one, a Poster's Hit-list if you wish. Man up and admit it, you engineered the private group and the alternate game thread and they failed miserably. Having been defeated you decided to take out individuals and for about 5 days you nearly succeeded in turning On The Front Burner into your own little forum utopia.  Ever the self-ordained hero you exposed your scheming further, as a hero cannot be a hero without an enemy to do battle with.  Thus this thread was created by you... the hero. Private Group - Failed Alternate to Live Game Thread - Failed Food for thought - but fact none the less.

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

BURRITO, RIGHT ON THE MONEY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

What is this thread about? Is it a war movie?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]To Master Burrito: Please don't attempt to get deep. Any real depth to your thoughts is a very scary premise. I don't need another nightmare where by Junior Samples again runs for presidency of the cotton pickers union. I read where you tend to " blaze " threw my posts. Let me try something different. I realize you have the reading comprehension of Jethro Bodine, and the attention span of a h-o-r-n-y teenager, so I'll try another approach. Don't fall asleep now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I enjoyed talking pure baseball when Pike/Softone were on a brief hiatus. It had nothing to do with this thread. If you actually took the time to read the OP, you would know this. Please excuse me... Hey! You in the back! Are you awake? Am I disturbing you? Oh. O.K. Good. I suggest you learn to pay attention, young lad. You may end up posting on a bizarre baseball forum from Cambodia if you don't stay awake! Forgive me. Where was I? Oh yes, you mentioned bashing game threads was essentially my purpose here. Funny, I mentioned the Albers move not being noticed in the OP as the purpose. The subject matter shifted, and I showed both sides of game thread perspective. Blazing through posts tends to make for a poor analytical skills. You in back! Hello!!! Are you still with us!!! Put those tinker toys away! Man, the things one has to do to keep the older students awake! Are you still with me, Burrito??? O.K. Now let's discuss UR fetish with that nasty little ole' private forum. Ooooooooooooohhhhhh. That was soooooooooooo  baaaaaaad!!!!!  Yeah, I lost a bundle in that investment. Worse than Enron! Why didn't they get the bugs out of that software before starting a make-shift forum???  Yeah. Good idea! You in the corner, crying. What's the matter? He kicked you where???  O.K. Just bend over and take deep breaths. Next time, keep the zipper closed! Sorry. That rotten private forum. To think they never told me about it's inception. The nerve!!! Sure glad this forum was a resounding success right from the start, eh? Good thing they had allllll that capitol  to invest in this wonderful software, huh! It's almost as pitiful as thinking posters might actually  enjoy discussing key plays in last night's game. But, that failed. Posters, like those who used to fall asleep in class, need to start their own discussions so as to continue to bring... A T T E N T I O N   to themselves. Know  what  I  mean? The fact they discuss the same thing on multiple threads feeds that baaaaaaaaaaaaad Smelly! You know, the one you yourself poo-poo. The demented, infantile bumper. Or have you forgotten??? Are you still with me???    Hello!!!!
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

In form and content, a very impressive fireworks display; IMO these histrionics would have been better served for that heretic ideologue pike.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well Steve, I used another analogy for Pike some time back. It was a drill sergeant/private mock, but Pike accused me of bigotry and later went off the deep end. The mods nabbed the three-post play.Then the mods nabbed him the following week.

Since Burrito blazes over my posts, I had to play teacher to try and keep his attention. Ever try to school someone who spells Whoa! w-o-a-h???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I enjoy the negative banter???? What kind of nonsense is that...I enjoy reading all posts...good and bad because it makes me think and usually it widens my knowledge...

Ive been on thousands of forums since the internet began and I have never seen a site that spends more time lamenting its own members than this one...

dumb

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Geo: It's cyberspace family ties...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

We spell whoa woah in Maine, Ayuh.  So there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Well Steve , I used another analogy for Pike some time back. It was a drill sergeant/private mock, but Pike accused me of bigotry and later went off the deep end. The mods nabbed the three-post play. Then the mods nabbed him the following week . Since Burrito blazes over my posts, I had to play teacher to try and keep his attention. Ever try to school someone who spells Whoa! w-o-a-h???
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

It was likely IMO just a typo; also, unless it's the curvature of the universe, there is no deep enough end for Pike.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We spell whoa woah in Maine, Ayuh.  So there.

Ay-ahp that's for shoo-wah.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

My great-grandfather was a dairy farmer (Windham Maine) who retired in the 1970's. He used to keep Red Sox yearbooks next to his armchair all year round... I would read through them every time we visited.  

At some point, after a couple of years, he gave them to me.  1969 through 1980.  He passed away in the late 1999.

He always said "a-yup".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You are fortunate to have known your great-grandfather.
    I never even got to meet my grandfather (on my dad's side).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

"What you fail to see is that people communicate in ways that often run contrary to how they really feel."

Does this mean that :

Andrewmitch subconsciously might really love JD Drew?

Bosox1941 might subliminally worship Tito?

Yes we all must be more patient and tolerant of posters who are construed by nearly everyone based on thousands of posts to be chronic pessimists or else trolls.

They may be merely misguided and unable to express their real inner feelings. Deep down they may be just the opposite. Who are we to call a spade a spade or a troll a troll?

It very well could be that Law thought the world of Theo Epstein but he just wasn't able to express it due to a deep psychological problem. I suggest that we take up a collection in the forum and refer the poor guy to see Dr. Phil for counseling. The 99% who labeled Law as an azz-hole or a troll were too quick and lacked tolerance.

That is the problem with the troll hunters hunters, they just don't have the patience of Job like Harness has. If we could all be more like Harness then this world and forum would be such a better place.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TROLL OR A PRETENDER. THEY ARE JUST POOR, LOST, MISGUIDED SOULS WHO ARE DYING TO BREAK OUT OF THEIR NEGATIVE SHELLS WITH ONE OPTIMISTIC, HONEST THOUGHT. GIVE THEM TIME AND SEND LOVE THEIR WAY AND PRAY FOR THEM. BEHOLD A NEW LAW, SOFTLAW, OR BOSOX1941 MAY EMERGE FROM THAT SHELL LIKE A BUTTERFLY FROM A COCOON.

HARNESS, YOU ARE A GENIUS. MOVE OVER BILLY GRAHAM.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]" What you fail to see is that people communicate in ways that often run contrary to how they really feel." Does this mean that : Andrewmitch subconsciously might really love JD Drew? Bosox1941 might subliminally worship Tito? Yes we all must be more patient and tolerant of posters who are construed by nearly everyone based on thousands of posts. They may be merely misguided and unable to express their real inner feelings. Deep down they may be just the opposite. Who are we to call a spade a spade or a troll a troll? It very well could be that Law thought the world of Theo Epstein but he just wasn't able to express it due to a deep psychological problem. I suggest that we take up a collection in the forum and refer the poor guy to see Dr. Phil for counseling. The 99% who labeled Law as an azz-hole or a troll were too quick and lacked tolerance. That is the problem with the troll hunters hunters, they just don't have the patience of Job like Harness has. If we could all be more like Harness then this world and forum would be such a better place. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TROLL OR A PRETENDER. THEY ARE JUST POOR, LOST, MISGUIDED SOULS WHO ARE DYING TO BREAK OUT OF THEIR NEGATIVE SHELLS WITH ONE OPTIMISTIC, HONEST THOUGHT. GIVE THEM TIME AND SEND LOVE THEIR WAY AND PRAY FOR THEM. BEHOLD A NEW LAW, SOFTLAW, OR BOSOX1941 MAY EMERGE FROM THAT SHELL LIKE A BUTTERFLY FROM A COCOON. HARNESS, YOU ARE A GENIUS. MOVE OVER BILLY GRAHAM.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

Try answering the high-lighted instead of twisting everything 180 degrees.
    This isn't about labeling anybody! Is that so difficult to comprehend???
    It's about trying to reach people. You are obviously unreachable. Nobody dare get past UR appetite to label. You do it with several posters not named Law
    or Bosox1941. Or should we bring up the Smiley threads? Try explaining that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

You try to "reach" the 100% obvious trolls. Everyone else who has the sense to ignore them. Moonslav hasn't responded to an obvious troll in years ( except Softlaw), is it because he has labeled them? You bet he has. Ram calls out Softlaw for what he is and does it once every two weeks. The forum needs more like Ram who CALL A SPADE A SPADE. YOU ARE MORE CONCERNED WITH FORUM TRAFFIC. GET ANOTHER HOBBY. ASK RAM WHAT HE DOES IN HIS SPARE TIME.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My great-grandfather was a dairy farmer (Windham Maine) who retired in the 1970's. He used to keep Red Sox yearbooks next to his armchair all year round... I would read through them every time we visited.  

At some point, after a couple of years, he gave them to me.  1969 through 1980.  He passed away in the late 1999.

He always said "a-yup".

My first Girlfriend used to live on Pope Rd in Windham, another on Windham Center Rd. Windham is barely recognizable now. It has grown so fast. I still drive through it every summer on my way to Raymond Neck on Lake Sebago.
    I uilt my first home bordering Gray. Small world.

Sidenote: I still have every yearbook from 1973 to present.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yeah. The landscape changes beyond belief. Are you going to Maine this summer, Moon?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]My great-grandfather was a dairy farmer (Windham Maine) who retired in the 1970's. He used to keep Red Sox yearbooks next to his armchair all year round... I would read through them every time we visited.   At some point, after a couple of years, he gave them to me.  1969 through 1980.  He passed away in the late 1999. He always said "a-yup". My first Girlfriend used to live on Pope Rd in Windham, another on Windham Center Rd. Windham is barely recognizable now. It has grown so fast. I still drive through it every summer on my way to Raymond Neck on Lake Sebago. I uilt my first home bordering Gray. Small world. Sidenote: I still have every yearbook from 1973 to present.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

My fellow poster..... my dad's side of the family lived on Finley Road which is a side road off Pope.  In fact as with most family's up until the 1970's they owned a good amount of land and it ran along Pope Road!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In another turn of common life if you turn up Windham Center Road from Route 302 and head towards River Road (towards Gorham and Sebago Lake) it is there where my great grandfather the dairy farmer owned a huge tract of land... at the intersection of 302 and Windham Center Road.

The Dairy barn on the small hill still stands today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, I am going to maine for 7 weeks this year. I am stoipping in Pittsburgh & Philly for the Sox games.

Burrito, I know that area very well. There still is some farmland left, but probably not for much longer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

sadly yes... Mooooooooo