The Silent Trigger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: The Silent Trigger

hey harness my good buddy I thought I would *bump* this thread to give it some life - seems not too many people agree with you thus its a bit dead... after all you only managed to insult 2/3 the forum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Burrito & harness, what sets your feud apart from the other forum feuds is that it's pretty damn funny...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

yes - I like to think so, but harness ran and told BdcDottie about it... sort of spoiled the "funny" of it all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Really? When was this?

The reason the bashers have stayed clear of this thread is in the thread title.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

In Response to Re: The Silent Trigger:
    T he point of this thread is not about game threads. It's about recognizing a positive in a sea of negativity. I knew Tito would get blasted for the Lester decision. Tito looks great if Lester gets the out. How much credit did anybody give Tito for staying with Albers in game one vs. the Tigers? Losing two on Sunday would have been big. Especially when Buch was matched against an 0-4 pitcher. And Verlander looming in the wings. Bard was fully warmed up and ready to come in. But by using Albers - it gave Tito flexibility in that he had Hill/Bard/Paps to extend the game, which meant it took some pressure off the hitters. They knew they didn't have to score in the 9th or it's no man's land with the pen, which is often how Tito manages EI games. I'm not saying I agreed with Tito on Lester. In fact, I'm more concerned about Jon's velocity being down 2-3 MPH - and him not willing to throw a curve ball. Not a good sign. My point is that if we are gonna be critical of Tito, why not give him some credit for a gutsy move? Nobody is saying anything about "policing" game threads. I don't participate in them myself, but I scan them occasionally to get a pulse on the tone. There are pros & cons to game threads. I spoke of the pros: let the venting be done on one thread. Let friends share in the experience. Joel and Jay-B mentioned the cons. But nobody is for abolishing them. Not at all. Baseball is a game of swaying momentum. Like an emotional roller-coaster. But the thought process that goes into negativity , beyond moment-to-moment impulses, is disturbing. It borders on hate. Everything is painted black. In this instance, Tito can only be blamed by Tito bashers. Despite the fact that in-game managerial moves are percentage - based .  He's supposed to make the right ones. But the ones that turn out sour are constant ammunition. Sometimes there is no 'right' move. Think about Law and how he attacked and blamed Theo at every turn. What does that say about Law ? What does it say about people who have to have someone to blame?
    Posted by harness

You are starting to sound like Pike or one of his pikettes. Shame on you. Let the trolls do their thing. Don't be so judgemental. The trolls have every right to be devisive and ruin the forum. The more of them- the better, just ask Burrito. One man's entertainment is another's boredom so who are you to judge. If the forum is going to die then at least let it die in a democratic way. Don't stifle our first amendment rights. Everyone has the right to be a troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I've been waiting for you...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You've already tried to kill this forum - how'd that work out for ya?
    Difference of opinion keeps this forum going.
    Trying to play wanna-be cop and exercising UR psychotic need to label people degrades you worse than you degrade the "trolls".

I ask posters who express obsessive negativity to be accountable.
    You refuse them any rights at all - as if you are some high & mighty voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPfdM0HBXg

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

In Response to Re: The Silent Trigger : GAME THREADS GOT ONLY 193 POSTS. STILL THE FORUM IS VERY SLOW.
    Posted by Only-In-America

I agree, but where's smiley?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Silent Trigger : I agree, but where's smiley?
    Posted by harness-hate-me

You're him, along with Only-In-America.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

baffling 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

In Response to Re: The Silent Trigger : You're him, along with Only-In-America.
    Posted by nhsteven

Robin to the rescue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

what is with all the youtube links anyhow?  I Please tell us you do not spend as much time on youtube as you do here - my god man get out of the house.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Silent Trigger : Robin to the rescue.
    Posted by harness-hate-me

Pretty revealing; however, it sounds pikish instead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Burrito, it takes a few seconds to post a youtube link.
    They say far more than a picture. If a pic says a thousand words, a youtube says 1000 pics.

That one in particular is my Pike-insecticide.

The lesser cyborgs here don't deserve one. They are nats who are allergic to any baseball discussion.

Perhaps if I talk about the gem Colon threw the other day (CG 4-hit shutout w/no BB's), it might get the wrath of Pike...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

no one clicks on those youtube links anyways. It's probably a virus link.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The only virus here is a break-out of hyphenated cyborgs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Asking Bosox1941 to explain his bashing of Tito on each of his last 3000 posts with sound logic sounds like a lot of fun. Same thing goes for Andrewmitch, Law, andSoftlaw. I propose that we do it however with posts like these.

???
    You can't be serious?
    Same old act - you are boring.
    More BS.

I am sure that they will respond with paragraphs of excellent logic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Reading UR posts about them is just as much fun.
    Kinda like pulling teeth...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Reading UR posts about them is just as much fun. Kinda like pulling teeth...
    Posted by harness

I would say it's more like being waterboarded via an enema bag attached to the rectum.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

See I gave this thread life - an when someone gives life to one of your lamer threads harness you owe them a big thanks!  You can send me a "thanks" via message if you don't want anyone to see it here on the board.  Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't know which of the last two posts was funnier!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Only-In-America. Show Only-In-America's posts

CONGRATULATION! THE PRIVATE FORUM IS FINALLY HERE. WE HAVE THE SAME GROUP POSTING EVERY DAY/ nhsteven, HARNESS, MIKE NAGY, MOONSLAV59, EDITHBUNKER, LOSMEDIASLOCAS, ETC. I WONDER WHY WASTE YOUR TIME COMMENTING ? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Sounds like the mentality on the game threads is bothering Harness, J-Bay, Joel49, the Pikettes, and many others. Only Georom4 and Burrito have a liking to that environment. The house that Andrewmitch tore down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why would game threads affect me?
    I don't get involved in them.
    I like the fact the venting is contained.
    Or are people not allowed to react in UR home?

It's the constant negativity that is not the result of knee-jerk reactions that bothers me. Have you never had friends over to watch a game? How do they react?
    How are game threads any different?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

The big mistake was not pulling Varitick, in his last pitching start.

Sections
Shortcuts