The Silent Trigger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Re: The Silent Trigger

In Response to Re: The Silent Trigger:
    CONGRATULATION! THE PRIVATE FORUM IS FINALLY HERE. WE HAVE THE SAME GROUP POSTING EVERY DAY/ nhsteven, HARNESS, MIKE NAGY, MOONSLAV59, EDITHBUNKER, LOSMEDIASLOCAS, ETC. I WONDER WHY WASTE YOUR TIME COMMENTING ? 
    Posted by Only-In-America

Apparently you don't heed your own advice. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I nominate this thread for the drivel thread of the decade award. It had to be so depressing to see Varitik get lit up in his last start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

what is with all the youtube links anyhow?  I Please tell us you do not spend as much time on youtube as you do here - my god man get out of the house.
    Posted by BurritoT

Seems like these youtube links or pictures really bother you, burrito.  Perhaps you think there is something in them that you don't quite understand, and you're probably correct about that.  Maybe the joke is on you.  In your case, it probably is. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

The joke is on the author using the tank top avatar, directly supra. Youtube links are mostly distilled drivel, unless they are the ones I link. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I thought the joke was on Humber - the pitcher nobody but poor 'ole Tek could hit.
    Aceves should help the pen, now that Hill is down.

Perhaps they'll recall Oki from AAA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

los sadly your idea of intelligence leaves you having none.... I can only imagine the things you do with the internet... actually I can't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

This coming from one who can't even spell "loser".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

los sadly your idea of intelligence leaves you having none.... I can only imagine the things you do with the internet... actually I can't.
    Posted by BurritoT

The best thing about your posts is the avatar; after that, (usually) it's all downhill.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The joke is on the author using the tank top avatar, directly supra. Youtube links are mostly distilled drivel, unless they are the ones I link. 
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

When I see your posts, I ask myself, will Wake, Varitek or Ells be mentioned? Is MO finally done? Did Obama lie again? Will I see the words drivel, collectivism or entitled? It's like what will Vanna wear tonight?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

nhsteven do let us know when you actually really plan on leaving the forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

nhsteven do let us know when you actually really plan on leaving the forum.
    Posted by BurritoT

Agreed, but is that the best you can do? Repeat the same mantra?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Sounds like the mentality on the game threads is bothering Harness, J-Bay, Joel49, the Pikettes, and many others. Only Georom4 and Burrito have a liking to that environment. The house that Andrewmitch tore down.

---------------------------

Pike talking about the pikettes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Why would game threads affect me? I don't get involved in them. I like the fact the venting is contained . Or are people not allowed to react in UR home? It's the constant negativity that is not the result of knee-jerk reactions that bothers me. Have you never had friends over to watch a game? How do they react? How are game threads any different?
    Posted by harness

That constant / chronic negativity is not unique to just the game threads, it permeates the entire forum. Would I invite those types over to my home to watch a game? Never, they would ruin my enjoyment of the game. Burrito said that you meet those types at the ballpark also and that is BS. Most people that I've sat near to at the ballpark are rooting for the players and don't put every Tito move under a microscope. Most fans there don't root against Jake, Jed, Theo, Wake, and Drew in a vocal manner. They don't have highlighted on their scorecard which players were signed by Theo rather than Duquette. Most fans at ballparks are fans while most people in this forum appear not to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes cause your right there next to each person listening to them - all 30,000+.... I will tell you what, if your the average fan than the sport would have been dead a long time ago.

Your no fan pikesey .... your a tool with nothing but venom in the veins.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

I was talking about the small sample size within earshot of me on my many trips to the ballpark. When you categorized all fans as being complainers and critics, were you hearing all 30,000 of them at once. Most fans around me were patient, tolerant, and loyal to the players on the field and seemed to be positive.
    PS- You are = You're

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol, small sample size... what a hoot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Most fans at the ballpark seem to be more concerned about eating hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn, drinking beer, and using their smart phones than on shouting out to Tito on how to manage. They accept the game the way that it unfolds on the field.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Tim Wastefield was a big help in the pen. Maybe he can help stabilize the pen, like he's done so well in the past. His ERA is over 5, since the 2nd half of 2009, so he certainly isn't starter material.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sadly, because of the politics & pricing of Sox tix @ Fenway, the ballpark might be the last place to find real fans....Babe is right about that - when I go to my 2 games a year I see a lot of distracted fans...myself including because Fenway has become a destination and not just a sports venue ....I would suggest you go to any bar that has a jukebox and watch it there - probably more passion there

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Master harness one last observation from my view on this thread:

You made a comment on how pleasant the forum was for the past week due to all the banning's of the usual suspects... so having this happiness you promptly start a thread essentially bashing the so-called live game thread participants.  

It wasn't enough that you started your Alternate Live Game Thread - which of course FAILED.  You targeted the majority.  The majority won (they unknowingly won this battle without even participating in it.)

You had quiet, pike was gone, softlaw was gone. Having them not around to argue with, you moved on to your next target:  the rest of the devils in the forum.  You perhaps have a chart at your desk with different tiers of posters or posting style's that you prefer not to exist. Take one out and move down to the next one, a Poster's Hit-list if you wish.

Man up and admit it, you engineered the private group and the alternate game thread and they failed miserably. Having been defeated you decided to take out individuals and for about 5 days you nearly succeeded in turning On The Front Burner into your own little forum utopia.  Ever the self-ordained hero you exposed your scheming further, as a hero cannot be a hero without an enemy to do battle with.  Thus this thread was created by you... the hero.

Private Group - Failed
    Alternate to Live Game Thread - Failed

Food for thought - but fact none the less.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rambo-Part-8. Show Rambo-Part-8's posts

Master harness one last observation from my view on this thread: You made a comment on how pleasant the forum was for the past week due to all the banning's of the usual suspects... so having this happiness you promptly start a thread essentially bashing the so-called live game thread participants.   It wasn't enough that you started your Alternate Live Game Thread - which of course FAILED.  You targeted the majority.  The majority won (they unknowingly won this battle without even participating in it.) You had quiet, pike was gone, softlaw was gone. Having them not around to argue with, you moved on to your next target:  the rest of the devils in the forum.  You perhaps have a chart at your desk with different tiers of posters or posting style's that you prefer not to exist. Take one out and move down to the next one, a Poster's Hit-list if you wish. Man up and admit it, you engineered the private group and the alternate game thread and they failed miserably. Having been defeated you decided to take out individuals and for about 5 days you nearly succeeded in turning On The Front Burner into your own little forum utopia.  Ever the self-ordained hero you exposed your scheming further, as a hero cannot be a hero without an enemy to do battle with.  Thus this thread was created by you... the hero. Private Group - Failed Alternate to Live Game Thread - Failed Food for thought - but fact none the less.
    Posted by BurritoT
    Burrito,
    be wise, don`t mess with harness. avoid a pink slip

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

To Pike: Re-read that post. I said constant negativity that is not the result of knee-jerk reactions. That excludes emotional reaction to game threads or ball parks, depending on who sits near you and how loud they are. I don't care to label either venue as all one or the other. It's a mixed bag of pluses and minuses.

I hate to break this to you, but not everything fits nicely into one category or another. Trying to paint a picture based on limited experience means you are deploying a paint-by-number brush. How many games do you attend a year?
    Do you ever recognize the euphoria from game threads?

The purpose of this thread is to call out those who see things only one way. And that means you, as well as the Tito bashers - the Theo bashers - the Wake bashers, etc. You categorize posters by perceived degree of fan allegiance. What you fail to see is that people communicate in ways that often run contrary to how they really feel.

Dabro
    was like two posters in one. He could be both supportive and negative. Which box do you put him in? LLoyd has a perceptive wit that can easily be misunderstood. Same for many others. You have a chronic need to punish anybody ho doesn't fit your idea of "a good fan". And before you attempt to label me with others, take a deep breath and try looking inward - and think about it.

Think about how people communicate in UR orbit. Are they truthful? Or are elements of the truth hid? The chronic negativity comes from those who won't allow themselves to see anything but. It's a matter of circular thought process. Yeah, it's tough to get anybody to see beyond it. But it's not impossible.

Problems can't be resolved if there is no desire to alter thought patterns.
    When a light finally goes on and you say, "
    Damn! I never thought of it that way"
    That's when and only when growth can happen.

If ole' baseball DR. can ever admit to one positive thing about Tito, it might open the door to another positive thought about Tito. Some minds stay closed out of fear. Some have the guts to open them. Maybe this thread can find just one...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

whoa - calm down!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tim Wastefield was a big help in the pen. Maybe he can help stabilize the pen, like he's done so well in the past. His ERA is over 5, since the 2nd half of 2009, so he certainly isn't starter material.

Now it's back to ERA for judging relievers after softy was schooled on the WHIP for relievers proving Wake was ineffective in te pen attempt. Here is softy's rant ad my reply from anothe recent thread...

This season he has sample size that is so small and includes weeks between mop-up duty and most of his few starts.

Goalpost move: softy tries to convince the board that Oki has value based on a couple good innings pitched. Oki's pitched 8.1 innings and has 5 of 7 good outings. He has 5 BBs. He has a 1.67 WHIP since the start of 2010. His samplesize is big enough-Wake's is not.

Wake has pitched 43 IP, but his sample size is too small? He has 11 BBs. His WHIP since his back surgery is 1.31. Dice-K's is 1.39.

WHIP is more important for pen arms, and we both know Wastefield isn't any pen arm.

Goalpost move: I have used the WHIP argument over and over with you, but you cling to ERA, but only for Wake.

Here's the Sox list (IP: 8+ IP listed) WHIP as relievers in 2011:
    (27.1) Bard    0.915
    (23.2) Paps    1.099
    (20.2) Albers 1.355
    (17.1) Aceve  1.038
    (15.0) Wheel  1.600
    (13.1) Wake   1.125
    (12.1) Atch     1.459
    (8.1)  Oki         1.440
    (8.0) Hill          0.075

Here's the starter numbers in 2011:
    (75.1) Lester       3.94  (1.354 WHIP)
    (70.0) Beckett     1.80  (1.014)
    (66.0) Buchholtz 3.41  (1.318)
    (39.1) Lackey      8.01  (1.805)
    (36.1) Dice-K       4.95  (1.404)
    (29.2) Wakefield 4.25  (1.213)
    (16.0) Aceves      4.50  (1.438)

Overall Wake is 3rd on the team in WHIP this year behind Beckett and Bard. 

11 out of the top 14 IP guys this year have a worse WHIP.
    5 of the top 13 IP guys on the Sox this year have a worse ERA.

Yes, it is a small sample size this year, but it was this year you promised he would implode and be horrible. Yet, he is outshining the guys you pumped up all spring.

He's got the 5th best WHIP on the team as a reliever, with a respectable 1.123 number.

He's got the 2nd best WHIP of all Sox starters. He has the 4th best starter ERA this year (ahead of Aceves, and not including all the inherited runs the pen has let score and the bad ump call in his last start). 

WAR is meaningless when dealing with the retread line for bottom of the barrel starters, unless you are in San Diego, perhaps.

WAR is more useful than the GG panel voting on players they never see play and voting the GG to players that only play 28 games at that position.

ERA over the equivalent of 2 seasons is a starter measure of import.

Ready for next goalpost move: Going by your own newly set criteria: 2 years and WHIP as a reliever:
    Wake in 2011: 1.123
    Wake in 2010: 1.040

In 2010, 11 pitchers had over 10 IP as a reliever, only 1 reliever had a better WHIP than Wake last year (Bard 1.004).

D Bard (74.2 ) 1.004
    Papelbon (67) 1.269
    Atchison  (57) 1.298
    Okajima   (46) 1.717
    MDC          (44) 1.386
    R. Ram ( 42.1) 1.299
    Wake       (25)  1.040

So, looking at 2011 and 2010, Wake compares very favorably to almost every other Sox reliever by this clowns own criteria. Proff he never even bothers to look at the numbers.

Cue goalpost move: new criteria or new time frame.

Wastefield's ERA is over 5, during that time.

His ERA is 5.11 since the back surgery. It is 4.89 the last 365 days with a 1.270 WHIP.

Because Wastefield would refuse a AAA assigment if he cleared waivers, he would clear them for sure.

I sure wish we had brought up Miller or ...

That should tell you what stage of the career Wastefield is in. He is hanging around for two reasons:

1. He's popular with most Red Sox fans.

I wonder why? Cause he's white, right?

2. Ownership and Management entertains notions that this roster squatter can remove Roger Clemens from the team wins record book. That's alright, but removing Cy Young isn't alright. In reality, none of it is alright. Any other pitcher who pitching like Wastefield since 2009 second half would be long gone and standing in line with Millwood.

Why pick the second half of 2009 and totally write off his best 50 game starting stretch of his career from 2008 (5th in AL in WHIP) to July 1st 2009? Why not use tiny sample sizes like you use for Oki, Dice, Cam, and to bash Jed, Wake and Jake for mistakes they make? Could it be your cherry-picking  goalpost moving has gone absurd?

If management wanted Wake to beak the record, they would bring him in in the 4th inning of blowouts. They never expected him to start as many games as he might this year.

Own up to your colossal mistakes this spring: Wake, Jed and Jake are killing your fragile ego.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

agree

Sections
Shortcuts