The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB

Lester is proving to be the best pitcher in the AL.

Crawford is finally getting comfortable.

Ellsbury is finally back to being the Ellsbury of 09.

Lackey is starting to pitch like the front ender starter they signed him for.

Papelbon is back to being an elite closer.

Beckett is back.

Gonzalez is starting to hit the way he's capable of hitting.

Buchholz had his best start of the season last night, but still has work to do.  I'm assuming he'll figure it out.

When the Sox are at their best, they are one of the two if not the best team in MLB... and I don't think there's anyone on this forum that would disagree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB

Agreed! It seems like Crawford and Ellsbury's speed is making a difference 1-2 times a day now. Their speed is helping us score 1-2 more runs a game recently. Gonzalez hitting a HR was big tonight, as well as Ortiz and it just seems like things are coming together. We are beating good pitching and that's always a good sign. Things are looking up! It was great to see some HR tonight.

Even Salty is starting to pepper the wall a little. Crawford scores from 1st on that play. Speed is making a difference recently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

agreed, and TB looking like the second best!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

What are the chances that Andrewmitch, GM/Softlaw, Redsox-11, Georom4, Bosox1941, and Zillagod join this thread?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Or maybe it's just that we're playing the Angels. Wink Kidding. The guys look great. I have a feeling May is going to be a very good month.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Agreed althoug i cant wait to see beckett tomorrow, i think hes the best pitcher in baseball, but i am biast

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why is it that we must use the term "the best" when talking about our players?
    IMO, it paints a bias picture.
    Does one have to be "the best" in order to maintain hero status?
    Why can't fans be happy with reality without having the constant need to put sports figures on pedestals?

It's no wonder these guys are seen like English Royalty.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

12 and 6 over their last 18...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB:
    Lester is proving to be the best pitcher in the AL. Crawford is finally getting comfortable. Ellsbury is finally back to being the Ellsbury of 09. Lackey is starting to pitch like the front ender starter they signed him for. Papelbon is back to being an elite closer. Beckett is back. Gonzalez is starting to hit the way he's capable of hitting. Buchholz had his best start of the season last night, but still has work to do.  I'm assuming he'll figure it out. When the Sox are at their best, they are one of the two if not the best team in MLB... and I don't think there's anyone on this forum that would disagree.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-1. Show Babe-1's posts

In Response to The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB:
    Lester is proving to be the best pitcher in the AL. Crawford is finally getting comfortable. Ellsbury is finally back to being the Ellsbury of 09. Lackey is starting to pitch like the front ender starter they signed him for. Papelbon is back to being an elite closer. Beckett is back. Gonzalez is starting to hit the way he's capable of hitting. Buchholz had his best start of the season last night, but still has work to do.  I'm assuming he'll figure it out. When the Sox are at their best, they are one of the two if not the best team in MLB... and I don't think there's anyone on this forum that would disagree.

Once again the curse of mongo the fanboy AKA spc strikes again!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

17 losses on may 5 is shameful what are you watching.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Road-Warrior. Show Road-Warrior's posts

Guess u missed the last 2 games SoxPatsCelts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I agree with you on this, poorly managed team is way under achieving. Theo needs to make a manager change and soon.

In Response to Re: The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB:
    17 losses on may 5 is shameful what are you watching.
    Posted by CHUBBIE99

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

We do not agree on much but we do on this.

In Response to Re: The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB:
    Guess u missed the last 2 games SoxPatsCelts.
    Posted by Road-Warrior

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB:

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Road-Warrior. Show Road-Warrior's posts

RedSox-11
    You are a clown.
    Agree with that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB:

At this point SPC I have to disagree.  I'm not saying that because I'm a Yankee fan nor am I saying the Yanks are one of the top two teams in the league right now.  On a whole though the Sox have been very inconsistent.  I know on paper they looked very good and it is still early but they have not performed well to date but as I said it is early, very early its only May.  I just don't think that they are one of the best teams in all of MLB right now even when they win 3 straight, they have to perform at a higher level on consistent basis for that case to be made.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

What I agree with is a personal attack and against the rules how's that?

RedSox-11 You are a clown. Agree with that?
    Posted by Road-Warrior

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

Then who was out on the field today in that 11-0 loss?

Lackey is a disaster.

Bullpen is leaky.

Hitting is still ho-hum.

And you are the biggest homer in pro sports.

Go spread your manure somewhere else.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

You have to be kidding me! Shut out at home 11-zip. This is one of the worst teams in MLB. Don't say wait til next year.The hitting is lousy.the pitching is lousy except for Lester.I call them like I see them;disgusting!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I say wait til they get a major league manager!

You have to be kidding me! Shut out at home 11-zip. This is one of the worst teams in MLB. Don't say wait til next year.
    Posted by DEBeardsr

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Re: The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB:
    I say wait til they get a major league manager! In Response to Re: The Sox are finally starting to play like they're the best team in MLB :
    Posted by REDSOX-11

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts