The Sox Best Chance for 2012...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: The Sox Best Chance for 2012...

In Response to Re: The Sox Best Chance for 2012...:
    [QUOTE]It's not all about rings, but point well taken. Like with Elway and his many comebacks, to me it begs the question:  "why was he behind in games so often?" I don't hold it against Brett for never being behind in a game his entire NFL career. (just kiddin')
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I agree, it shouldn't be all about the rings, but these days that's what seems to be the measuring stick. I admit part of it is me being a complete homer and siding with Brady. Also as you mentioned, Unitas, Montana & Elway should absolutely be in the conversation as well. I can't believe things are this bad with the Red Sox that we are actually having a football debate on the Red Sox board. Lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

After todays win I started thinking if we could play 900 ball for the rest of the season we'd be in the playoffs. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Sox Best Chance for 2012... : I agree, it shouldn't be all about the rings, but these days that's what seems to be the measuring stick. I admit part of it is me being a complete homer and siding with Brady. Also as you mentioned, Unitas, Montana & Elway should absolutely be in the conversation as well. I can't believe things are this bad with the Red Sox that we are actually having a football debate on the Red Sox board. Lol.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Elway doesn't even make my top 10.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]On a brighter side, how many people expected the Cardinals to win the ring last year? They were 7 GB on August 18th. They had lost one of their best pitchesr to start the season. They won 11 more than they lost the rest of the way, then played very well in the playoffs. How about the 2007 Rockies? July 26th: 51-51 Aug 23rd:  64-63 and 7.5 GB with the 9th best NL record on this date. They then went 26-10, including 14-1 in their last 5 games to not only make the playoffs, but to tie for the 2nd best record in the NL! They won the tie-breaker, swept the LDS and LCS before losing to the Sox.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

This is why you never give up hope.

Is it likely that the Red Sox make the playoffs?  No, it's not.

Is it possible?  Absolutely!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Sox Best Chance for 2012... : This is why you never give up hope. Is it likely that the Red Sox make the playoffs?  No, it's not. Is it possible?  Absolutely!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

I just don't see it.

I'd rather improve our odds for next year and beyond by getting some prospects for Ross and Cook.

Sections
Shortcuts