The Sox big move at the Winter meetings.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Sox big move at the Winter meetings.

Apparently they are on the verge of signing a 37 year old submarine pitcher from the Chibe-Lotte team in NPB. His name is Watanabe and his deal is supposed to be a minor league deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortuee. Show Ortuee's posts

Re: The Sox big move at the Winter meetings.

what they see in this guys numbers one can only fathom.....

http://www.baseball-reference.com/japan/player.cgi?id=watana001shu&utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com

"Nothing succeeds like success."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Good, you can never have too many Japanese RPs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Said it before and I'll say it again... there is no such thing as a bad minor league deal...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

He stinks.... I cam throw bbettr.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Said it before and I'll say it again... there is no such thing as a bad minor league deal...

[/QUOTE]

Agree ... especially if its a pitcher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

maybe Ben is preparing to bid on Tanaka if posted.  3 Japanese teammates won't hurt to interest Tanaka to come.  We now have new rules for international signings.  Pitcher can choose where to go.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

This is a classic attempt to get something positive for very little commitment.

I would like to see the Sox sign about a half dozen of such guys every winter.   For whatever little it costs to bring them to spring training there may be one (or more?) of them who may make a contribution in any one year.

Even if all of the winter signed guys flop, it is still well worth the gamble.  There is always a mound from which these guys can throw from down there at Fort Myers when they have six or seven fields.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The second biggest move was done today as the Sox drafted in the AA rule five draft John Roof  SS. I wonder if he's related to Phil Roof the journeyman catcher?

Sections
Shortcuts