The Sox currently lead the MAJORS in OBP, OPS, SLUGGING and RUNS SCORED!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

The Sox currently lead the MAJORS in OBP, OPS, SLUGGING and RUNS SCORED!

And the pitching ain't bad either!

Go Freaking Sox!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: The Sox currently lead the MAJORS in OBP, OPS, SLUGGING and RUNS SCORED!

Yep......but according to some we have to trade Ells, Drew, Salty and Carp....because this offense is SOOOO BROKEN right now! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Yep......but according to some we have to trade Ells, Drew, Salty and Carp....because this offense is SOOOO BROKEN right now! 

Right Now our 1 and 2, Buch/Lester are pitchinglike it. Although I have slight concerns with Lester. Nothing I am too concerned with right now though. 3-4-5 are doing their Jobs. Lackey is more the #3 right now if he can keep it up. Doub and Demp are giving us 6IP and holding teams to 3 runs or less. Thats all you can ask for from your BOTR guys. We have extra BP arms in AAA if need be and Aceves/Morales/Webster/Hernandez/Workman who all could possibly give us a spot start if need be.

To trade awat Ells,Drew Salty or carp right now would be foolish. Teams would be jealous of the Sox depth. Its not about the name on the back. Its about the name on the front. You do what is asked of you for the TEAM to be successful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Let me anticipate the criticism of this. But but but these are just averages.

But look at Stephen Drew, what terrible averages.

Thought I'd be pro-active and ridicule the two faced posters who use stats when they back their opinion but try to explain how stats don't matter when they don't back their opinion.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I think it's time we woke up and realize we have as good a chance as any team this year. We are rolling through some tough competition.

Papi is an animal! A rampaging Maine MOOSE!

Carp, Nava and Iglesias are playing like all stars!

Pedroia is his consistent laser show with stellar defense and leadership!

Buchholz has been the best pitcher in baseball!

We have tons of depth in the minors with the #4 rated farm by Bleacher Report!

I like our chances!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Haha...and their reasoning is so we can get some b level prospects because they're going to leave Nxt yr......there is one "robo" poster on here imparticular. I'm glad other people besides me on here who notice it and are calling him on his BS...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Yeah but the Cards are blowing away the Majors in 2 catergories that I like, RISP and 2 outs and RISP. They are hitting close to .340 in those Catergories.

Hitting in the Clutch is what Baseball is all about. They are number 1 in run differential too, that is a very very good hitting and pitching team. All this after Pujols left.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

It's pretty amazing, Carp Nava and Iglesisas are the major surprises on offense, and Papi and Pedey are still hitting .330!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Some individuals stand out, but I think it's the depth, including bringing Iglesias up from AAA, but also Carp, Gomes, Bradley, et al.  Plus team chemistry. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Haha...and their reasoning is so we can get some b level prospects because they're going to leave Nxt yr......there is one "robo" poster on here imparticular. I'm glad other people besides me on here who notice it and are calling him on his BS...

[/QUOTE]

Yep.....I just don't get it.  We have one of the best offenses and the best record in the AL (and 3rd best in all of MLB)......yet people are still not satisfied.  I never have seen people who claim to be fans of this team HAPPY when players on the Sox enter a slump.....it's simply odd behavior.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The thing to always keep in mind , though:

The heroes of Spring are rarely the heroes of Late Summer.

In other words , many teams start out like a house afire...fade in Aug-Sept.....I would say it's a good sign, but don't get caught up in the excitement. We have seen great beginnings end badly more times than I can count.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

The thing to always keep in mind , though:

The heroes of Spring are rarely the heroes of Late Summer.

In other words , many teams start out like a house afire...fade in Aug-Sept.....I would say it's a good sign, but don't get caught up in the excitement. We have seen great beginnings end badly more times than I can count.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

What is great about this team is how contributions are coming from various sources. That's the kind of team that can keep winning because they aren't just depending on a small core of stars. Why not get excited? I like to enjoy the moment and not try to forsee doom. Have fun on the ride no matter what the destination may be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Zillagod's caution is entirely correct, but he has forgotten almost everyone expected this team to start out badly and finish badly.  No one, but no one expect the Sox to be where they are on June 10.  Zillagod should want to avoid being grouped with softlaw and bill-806, who together have just about guaranteed a bad season in 2013.  Consequently, they are both rooting against the current Sox because predicting things is more important to them than team success. 

Let me make one more thing clear.  No way, no how did I expect these guys to be where they are.  I liked no one Cherington brought in--not even John Farrell to manage--and figured the guys who were returning--Buchholz, Lester, Lackey, Doubront, Ellsbury, etc would have so-so seasons.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Yeah but the Cards are blowing away the Majors in 2 catergories that I like, RISP and 2 outs and RISP. They are hitting close to .340 in those Catergories.

Hitting in the Clutch is what Baseball is all about. They are number 1 in run differential too, that is a very very good hitting and pitching team. All this after Pujols left.

Good point.

If there is ONE area where I'd like to see the Sox improve it's the hits with RISP.

I'm not complaining though...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Let me make one more thing clear.  No way, no how did I expect these guys to be where they are.  I liked no one Cherington brought in--not even John Farrell to manage--and figured the guys who were returning--Buchholz, Lester, Lackey, Doubront, Ellsbury, etc would have so-so seasons.  

THIS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm just trying to be realistic.

You can't get truly disappointed unless you expect unreal results.

You can't get really excited if the expected happens.

I expect nothing , just hope for improvement. So far, I see lots of improvement. I feel there is reason to think positive....however, I am not too young to have forgotten 1978. If you are too young, look it up. If you lived through that season, you will know what I mean.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

It is precisely BECAUSE I was 7 in 1967, and 15 in '75, saw Bucky F. Dent game in '78 , and cried in 1986.............

that I get excited NOW.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

It is precisely BECAUSE I was 7 in 1967, and 15 in '75, saw Bucky F. Dent game in '78 , and cried in 1986.............

that I get excited NOW.

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

But, they don't hit when it counts? ...  errr, they don't hit vs. good teams, only beat up on bad teams? ....um .. maybe, its unsustainable without another middle of the order bat to mitigate Papi's inability to play after July because he is done?? .... or, ok, I've got it! ... they strike out too much and never swing at first pitches so who cares about the gaudy stats!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Heywood leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair. When this guy sneezes, he looks like a party favor.

Sections
Shortcuts