The "SPARK" is missing as the Sox look to be playing same old tired game.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: The

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

Bill, are you not embarassed even a little to post the non-sense you spew?

Not really as I think that I am allowed an OPINION of what I saw at the PAAAK yesterday......  To all you T-BALLERS, kindly go back and re-read the original thread......  I could see us (Sox) going inning to inning trying to "TEE-OFF" on David Price which is both foolish & old style Red Sox ball.......... A week ago, the line-up would have had IGGY & Bradley and  J F  would have been playing "small ball" early & often to get both D. Price & the defense off balance, that is the only way that you can "chase" D. Price from the mound.......  That being said, as I watched the line of bats from the dugout back to the dugout (BTW, Ross got a nice pitch, mistake to take deep) all I could see is "let me do it" in the eyes of each batter.........  Lester pitched a great game, the B P did the same (except  Hanrahan, again) and we got "lucky" in the 10th when J F turned to Ellsbury speed to make something happen.......  Just saying that 'GOOD PITCHING" will beat "LONG BALL" all day & every day......  The roster as now constructed is not inclined to look to "scratch" for runs.....  You have your opinions, I have mine  !!!! Again, we were LUCKY to get the "W" yesterday !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You're just wrong, Bill.  The only way David Price gets chased is if his stuff is off that day and guys are hitting him.  Smallball can't be played when guys aren't getting on base.

We won the game with great pitching and a couple of key hits.  That's not luck. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

You're just wrong, Bill.  The only way David Price gets chased is if his stuff is off that day and guys are hitting him.  Smallball can't be played when guys aren't getting on base.

Your making my poiint/s !!!!!  Bradley working the count, others working the count, a solid base hit (not H R) here & there, and everyone in the ball Paaak knowing that IGGY looking to move/but runners along to get the Rays to make a mistake or two !!! But nooooo, back to looking to take last years CY YOUNG deep !!! 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Your making my poiint/s !!!!!  Bradley working the count, others working the count, a solid base hit (not H R) here & there, and everyone in the ball Paaak knowing that IGGY looking to move/but runners along to get the Rays to make a mistake or two !!! But nooooo, back to looking to take last years CY YOUNG deep !!! 

Do you pay attention when watch the games? Apparantly not. The Sox were working the count. Despite few hits, they still were able to get Price's pitch count up and chase him after six innings.

Utterly ridiculous that you're complaining that Bradley wasn't playing. He's been on base just TWICE in the past four games and struck out FIVE times. And you really think he would have made a difference earlier against Price?

Bradley should be back in the lineup today, but Farrell was 100 percent right in sitting him against one of the top lefties in the league.

And a note -- just because guys are swinging hard, it doesn't mean they're trying hit home runs every time up. An utterly absurd statement.

Since you haven't been paying attention, the Sox, until the 10th, couldn't get guys on base before there were two outs. You're not bunting to move runners over when there are two outs. The best they can do then is steal a base with two outs to move into scoring position, which is what they did. You still need a clutch HIT, not a bunt.

The Sox won because they kept battling -- something you should be celebrating. Too bad you missed a great game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

He doesn't watch the games !!!! 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Bill is just playing his role here as :

Voluntary Villain

Devil's Advocate

Contrarian

He's vital to the forum in that role.

Understudy of Softlaw and Georom.

Or SHUcKS TV-MAN, another nice compliment !!!!       As MOM would say...... "SON, I don't worry about you with friends like Gerome & Softy"  !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to LeftyGrove's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

BRADLEY & IGGY........  I could be wrong, but we look like the offense of the last few years !!!

How much spark has Bradley been giving the past few games? Please tell me you're not that stupid.

unfortunately he is....... that's why he keeps spewing this garbage.

You & ROY1NINER wouldn't understand "SPIRIT" if you were looking right at it .......  Today, the Sox look FLAT !!!  As in other years !!

Well after the game today, I am back. This is not my 1970's Sox... Swinging for the fences to overcome subpar pitching.

Today Except for Hanrahan, the rest sucked it up and the SPEED won in the end. Lester again had command and David Ross can sure call a game, his offensive stats against Lefty pitching were on display today.

watching the dugout during the game, guys were pacing, cheering each other, the celebration at the end showed a team pleased with each other and the outcome.

I am beginning to think there is a new atmosphere in the dugout.... Anyone miss Crybaby Crawford, dial in your complaints Gonzalez, bud boy Beckett?

spirit doesnt win games

Glad you didnt leave for good Lefty. I enjoyed todays game too. A Classic pitchers duel between 2 of the best LHP in the game today. I understand the bats being a little quiet today, but still cant wait for papi to return. we really could use his presence and bat in that lineup.

I dont miss eiother of CC, Gonzo, or Beckett here...Not one bit

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This thread is why you're such a joke, bill. This was a great pitchers' duel with both team battling to find a way to scratch runs across. And all you can do is complain. You're so caught up in ripping the Sox about Iggy and not playing Bradley that instead of enjoying the drama, you have to whine like a 4-year-old.

Not true 1niner ........  We didn't look to "scratch" for runs till the 10th inning.....  Trying to go long & hard against David Price is both foolish & unwise !!!  Almost lost this one too !!

You realize hes the reigning CY winner right? That means he was the BEST pitcher in the AL last year. What do expect us to do? We wore him down so he only went 6IP and got to the pen. Thats how you handle great pitchers like him. Take a lot of pitches and try to capitalize on infrequent mistakes.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

This thread is why you're such a joke, bill. This was a great pitchers' duel with both team battling to find a way to scratch runs across. And all you can do is complain. You're so caught up in ripping the Sox about Iggy and not playing Bradley that instead of enjoying the drama, you have to whine like a 4-year-old.

Not true 1niner ........  We didn't look to "scratch" for runs till the 10th inning.....  Trying to go long & hard against David Price is both foolish & unwise !!!  Almost lost this one too !!

You realize hes the reigning CY winner right? That means he was the BEST pitcher in the AL last year. What do expect us to do? We wore him down so he only went 6IP and got to the pen. Thats how you handle great pitchers like him. Take a lot of pitches and try to capitalize on infrequent mistakes.

good post. too bad it went right over his head.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

You beat an ace by putting an ace out there to pitch against him and hope you get a few more hits than the other guys. Yesterday Lester pitched like an ace, as did everyone else besides Hanrahan. This is the kind of game we were not winning for the past couple of years. Hopefully its a harbinger of good things to come.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not really as I think that I am allowed an OPINION of what I saw at the PAAAK yesterday......  To all you T-BALLERS, kindly go back and re-read the original thread......  I could see us (Sox) going inning to inning trying to "TEE-OFF" on David Price which is both foolish & old style Red Sox ball.......... A week ago, the line-up would have had IGGY & Bradley and  J F  would have been playing "small ball" early & often to get both D. Price & the defense off balance, that is the only way that you can "chase" D. Price from the mound.......  That being said, as I watched the line of bats from the dugout back to the dugout (BTW, Ross got a nice pitch, mistake to take deep) all I could see is "let me do it" in the eyes of each batter.........  Lester pitched a great game, the B P did the same (except  Hanrahan, again) and we got "lucky" in the 10th when J F turned to Ellsbury speed to make something happen.......  Just saying that 'GOOD PITCHING" will beat "LONG BALL" all day & every day......  The roster as now constructed is not inclined to look to "scratch" for runs.....  You have your opinions, I have mine  !!!! Again, we were LUCKY to get the "W" yesterday !!

You realize we did chase him off the mound (he only went 6IP) by taking a ton of pitches and making him work right?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

You realize we did chase him off the mound (he only went 6IP) by taking a ton of pitches and making him work right?

WE DID, I willgive you that & good that we did too because we would never have gotten to the 10TH.......   Just saying, that it was "small ball" that won the game for us in the 10th......  We did not display any of that over the 1st 9 innings......  geeeezzzzz, the posters react like im the bad guy here.....  Just making a statement !!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Thanks for the laughs little billy-69  :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Dateline TODAY ................  Thats what I mean ........ Ellsbury gets a base hit,  Elles takes off & Victorino puts down a bunt that stayss fair, 2 on.....  Pedroia singles to right to load the bases.....  Napoli a big 420 centerfield double, 2 runs in........ And that T-BALLERS is how you shake up the RAYS pitchers & DEFENSE....................  Oh Yes, NAVA, hit by pitch , bases loaded.....  Pitcher just bobbled......  Rays on the ROPES  !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Dateline TODAY ................  Thats what I mean ........ Ellsbury gets a base hit,  Elles takes off & Victorino puts down a bunt that stayss fair, 2 on.....  Pedroia singles to right to load the bases.....  Napoli a big 420 centerfield double, 2 runs in........ And that T-BALLERS is how you shake up the RAYS pitchers & DEFENSE....................  Oh Yes, NAVA, hit by pitch , bases loaded.....  Pitcher just bobbled......  Rays on the ROPES  !!!

HUGE difference between facing Cobb and facing the best pitcher in the AL. but i dont expect you to understand