the suspension wheeel begins to turn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the suspension wheeel begins to turn

MLB informs union which players will be suspended

Nine reportedly to receive penalties this week as a result of Biogenesis investigation

Alex Rodriguez, on the disabled list all season, reportedly will receive the longest suspension in the Biogenesis probe. (AP)

Major League Baseball reportedly has told the Players Association that it intends to suspend Alex Rodriguez and eight other players this week for acquiring performance-enhancing drugs from the Biogenesis clinic in Miami.

The New York Daily News was the first to report about Tuesday's meeting between MLB and the union. The Associated Press, citing two sources familiar with the talks, reported that MLB told the union which players it intends to suspend and which ones will receive lengthier penalties, and that attempts to reach agreements with the players to avoid grievance hearings could push back an announcement until Friday.

MLB officials have not commented on or confirmed the reports.

Players linked to the now-shuttered clinic include Rodriguez, a three-time Most Valuable Player who is expected to receive the longest suspension, along with Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta and Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera.

Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Mariners catcher Jesus Montero also have been linked. According to the reports, because Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera, A's pitcher Bartolo Colon and Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal will not be disciplined because they already have served suspensions for their violations related to the clinic and its former boss, Anthony Bosch. All three were suspended for positive PED tests last year.

Rodriguez, the Daily News reported, will face stiffer penalties "for lying to MLB investigators or interfering with baseball's year-long Biogenesis investigation."

Some other players linked to the clinic might not be disciplined because investigators could not find enough evidence to warrant penalties.

A-Rod's attorney, David Cornwell, has said that Rodriguez will appeal any discipline. Representatives for the other players implicated will inform MLB officials whether they will challenge their punishments, as well.

Should Rodriguez appeal a suspension, presumably to protect his contract with the Yankees, the Daily News says Commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to invoke his right to suspend a player to protect the integrity of the game, thereby bypassing the Joint Drug Agreement.

Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun, the 2011 National League MVP, reached an agreement last week to accept a season-ending suspension, which will amount to 65 games. Braun tested positive for elevated testosterone in October 2011, but a 50-game suspension was overturned by an arbitrator who ruled Braun's urine sample was handled improperly

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: the suspension wheeel begins to turn

From ESPN.com:

Alex Rodriguez claims in an interview with Sports Illustrated that he still wants "to be a role model" despite the "noise" surrounding the embattled New York Yankees slugger from the Biogenesis scandal.

"Look, it's concerning," Rodriguez told the magazine. "I have two daughters at home, and I'm sensitive to that, and above all, I want to be a role model, continue to be a role model -- especially to my girls."

Undecided

Hey Jete !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

they are stating 9:

braun

arod

cervelli

montero

cruz

peralta

cabrera

wonder who the other 2 are?

probably jeter and cano

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

they are stating 9:

braun

arod

cervelli

montero

cruz

peralta

cabrera

probably jeter and cano

--------------------------------------------------------

Here's the other two.From ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9523881/mlb-tells-union-which-players-plans-suspend

San Diego's catcher Everth Grandal

A's pitcher Bartolo Colon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

they are stating 9:

braun

arod

cervelli

montero

cruz

peralta

cabrera

probably jeter and cano

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

they are stating 9:

braun

arod

cervelli

montero

cruz

peralta

cabrera

probably jeter and cano

YellYellTongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Colon should be suspended for his stats.  No way he's clean right now.  40 years old and having the best season of his career. Please.

Fortunately, this is the time of year when his happy juice starts to run out, so we can look forward to 88MPH heaters in the post-season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

From ESPN.com:

Alex Rodriguez claims in an interview with Sports Illustrated that he still wants "to be a role model" despite the "noise" surrounding the embattled New York Yankees slugger from the Biogenesis scandal.

"Look, it's concerning," Rodriguez told the magazine. "I have two daughters at home, and I'm sensitive to that, and above all, I want to be a role model, continue to be a role model -- especially to my girls."

Undecided

Hey Jete !!

Is arod so messed up that he really believes this drival or does he think he is a god and no one can touch him?  Baseball will be better off when he leaves the game for good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From ESPN.com:

Undecided

Hey Jete !!

Is arod so messed up that he really believes this drival or does he think he is a god and no one can touch him?  Baseball will be better off when he leaves the game for good.

[/QUOTE]

Just listening to ESPN radio, according  to them most of the guys implicated have copped a plea except for Arod who vows to fight it.

Look where defiance got Pete Rose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Look where defiance got Pete Rose.

very good point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Losing Colon is a huge blow for the Oakland A's. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I don't know if Colon will be suspended. I read that both melky and Colon already served their time last season. The drugs they used were obtained from Bosch and biogenesis.

You have to wonder if Colon was introduced to Bosch and Biogenesis by Arod.

No wonder the yankees are incensed with Arod never mind the lying, or what he has done to his own career, introducing the young players to Bosch is the icing on the cake.

Cervelli, Melky and Montero.

I also heard last evening since he was outed 2009, Arod partnered with a father who lost his son to steroid abuse then created a foundation for him for which Arod has been traveling around the country meeting with groups speaking out against steroid use.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

tweet just shown on MLB Network:

craigcalcaterra: Source: If A-rod doesn’t settle with MLB, he will be given a lifetime suspension.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

they are stating 9:

braun

arod

cervelli

montero

cruz

peralta

cabrera

probably jeter and cano

"Montero" ????

Maybe he bought it but forget to take it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

craigcalcaterra: Source: If A-rod doesn’t settle with MLB, he will be given a lifetime suspension.

At least this subject gives yankee fans something to talk about.

Sox fans could have used this last year.

Thankyou Dodger Blue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

This is good news for the Yankees if it happens.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I wonder if this will mark the beginning of the end of the steriod era....finally.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I don't know if Colon will be suspended. I read that both melky and Colon already served their time last season. The drugs they used were obtained from Bosch and biogenesis.

No wonder the yankees are incensed with Arod never mind the lying, or what he has done to his own career, introducing the young players to Bosch is the icing on the cake.

I also heard last evening since he was outed 2009, Arod partnered with a father who lost his son to steroid abuse then created a foundation for him for which Arod has been traveling around the country meeting with groups speaking out against steroid use.

Hello ThatWasMe   Laughing

You are right--both Melky and Colon will not be suspended since they already served their terms last year.  This is great news for Oakland.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

Hello ThatWasMe   Laughing

You are right--both Melky and Colon will not be suspended since they already served their terms last year.  This is great news for Oakland.   

[/QUOTE] in certain circles that news isn't very well recieved..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

[QUOTE]

At least this subject gives people with nothing else to do something to talk about.

Sox fans could have used this last year.

Thankyou Dodger Blue.

[/QUOTE] fixed....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I wonder if this will mark the beginning of the end of the steriod era....finally.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

not a chance.  not as long as teams give know users obscene contracts (see:  melky)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

This is good news for the Yankees if it happens.   

Go AROD! I for one hopes he is engaged in a length appeal of his suspension so the Yankees will have to continue to pay him his $25M/yr. If he is suspended they are off the hook for his salary. If I am Cashman I am trying to make amends with Arod so he accepts the suspension and lets the Yankees off the hook. As a Red Sox fan I hope that Arod continues to act like the azz he really is...........I think he will.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Some what ironic........  Ya see,   MLB looked the other way just as Government looks the other way when fits their needs .........  IE: Bostons own Whitey Bulger !!!    Just saying .....

your comparing a mass murderer to PED use?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts