the table is set

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

the table is set

call me every nasty name in the book for this post...but in my opinion, Beckett has set the table.  says his thumb has been a problem for 18 months (more excuse fodder for 2011) and will probably need surgery in the future...altho he gamely says he doesn't expect it to be limiting for 2012...but in fact we all know better.  he has just put everyone on notice that at any given time, his thumb will be reason for being scratched from scheduled start.  bet he has his agent on speed dial with standing instructions to work diligently at getting him traded.  he's made bank and he's burned his bridges and he knows it.  kick me, hit me, call me dirty names, but my gut tells me Beckett is trouble ahead. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: the table is set

I also think he's planning to miss his first start. We shall see. I sense the same disturbing diva crap you do Michael. Hope we're both wrong.

In Response to the table is set:
    call me every nasty name in the book for this post...but in my opinion, Beckett has set the table.  says his thumb has been a problem for 18 months (more excuse fodder for 2011) and will probably need surgery in the future...altho he gamely says he doesn't expect it to be limiting for 2012...but in fact we all know better.  he has just put everyone on notice that at any given time, his thumb will be reason for being scratched from scheduled start.  bet he has his agent on speed dial with standing instructions to work diligently at getting him traded.  he's made bank and he's burned his bridges and he knows it.  kick me, hit me, call me dirty names, but my gut tells me Beckett is trouble ahead. 
    Posted by michaelsjr

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I sense Beckett is about to have his best season of his career and break the evn year curse.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: the table is set:
    Another stupid thread. Why can't intelligent posters start threads?
    Posted by Firefligh2008
    Check out the Doubront thread. There's some decent discussion about an up and coming Red Sox pitcher there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

message received loud and clear.  a redsox fan for 70 years, but my honest opinion voiced once in a while is deemed unintelligent by a poster with 54 entries in 4 days while sporting a manny pic.  I'll bow out and leave you to grovel in Beckett's clay treads.  you likely believed the hope and change schtick as well.  good day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I SAID GOOD DAY! LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to the table is set:
    Posted by michaelsjr

We don't need to do anything to you that you don't already feel about yourself. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

It seems like there is a constant theme on BG forums.  If you are not posting all the time you have nothing to say.  Not all posters feel this way but because I am one of those infrequent posters, I get that feeling.  With that being said, thanks by the way for allowing the small rant, my opionion is not that much different.  I get a feeling that this just may become the year of excuses.  I like this team's chances but we are hearing about these types of injuries, nicks and bruises and the RS haven't even played a game.  I will be watching, mostly listening as I live in Upstate NY, to as many games as possible and wanting the RS to kick everyone's butt.  Let the games begin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

It seems like there is a constant theme on BG forums.  If you are not posting all the time you have nothing to say.  Not all posters feel this way but because I am one of those infrequent posters, I get that feeling.  With that being said, thanks by the way for allowing the small rant, my opionion is not that much different.  I get a feeling that this just may become the year of excuses.  I like this team's chances but we are hearing about these types of injuries, nicks and bruises and the RS haven't even played a game.  I will be watching, mostly listening as I live in Upstate NY, to as many games as possible and wanting the RS to kick everyone's butt.  Let the games begin.
    Posted by never1954

Some of the posters on here feel like they have "ownership" of the board due to their imagined seniority so don't let it get you down. There's only about 12 of them so don't worry. Worry about the NY trolls on here if you want to. Sickos in my opinion, a few exceptions. As far as the year of excuses...... maybe, maybe not... but excuses in baseball usually means someone is hurt or goes on the DL. ALL of these guys want to win or else they wouldn't be where they are. Post away man, say what you want and when you want. Where in upsatate are you? Have friends in Buffalo and one boy that graduated from Syracuse last year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Good Deal,  I do plan on posting, when I feel like it, thanks.  I live about 70 miles north of Syracuse.  Attend many games in the dome and do travel down there quite a bit. 

Lets hope that the RS can get through this year with out to many injuries.  I understand that they are part of the game and I like what I saw out of many of our would be call ups but I like the make up of this team and personally think they can do really good things.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Good Deal,  I do plan on posting, when I feel like it, thanks.  I live about 70 miles north of Syracuse.  Attend many games in the dome and do travel down there quite a bit.  Lets hope that the RS can get through this year with out to many injuries.  I understand that they are part of the game and I like what I saw out of many of our would be call ups but I like the make up of this team and personally think they can do really good things.
    Posted by never1954

70 miles north? You're Canadian........haha  They're starting the seson with TOO many injuries but I think we have a bunch of kids in Pawtucket that will make this season a lot of fun if we get any more. Now if the Boston "sports writers" would just lay off and let them play we may be in for a surprise. My biggest concern is Youk

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: the table is set":
    Another stupid thread. Why can't intelligent posters start threads? Posted by Firefligh2008
    Chalk it up to alcohol and move on.

Sections
Shortcuts