The Texas Rangers is looking for relief pitching. What would you give up and what do you want in return?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: The Texas Rangers is looking for relief pitching. What would you give up and what do you want in return?

Ben has a lot of "CHIPS"...... Aceves must go ......... Im not sure David Murphy fits.... I still see Jackie Bradley in  L F   !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: The Texas Rangers is looking for relief pitching. What would you give up and what do you want in return?

In response to BurittoT's comment:

David Murphy for Aceves and Bailey?

What's your trade proposal?

I doubt the Rangers will trade a starting outfielder who posted a 4.0 WAR* last year for flawed components of the Red Sox bullpen.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs: http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2012&month=0&season1=2012&ind=0&team=13&rost=0&age=0

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Remember when Theo traded Murphy for Gagne?  That was awesome.  Remember when Cherry traded Reddick for Bailey?  That was awesome.  I wonder what a Bailey and Gagne trade could HYPOTHETICALLY get in return?  Maybe a slice of bread and a can of tuna?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Remember when Theo traded Murphy for Gagne?  That was awesome.  Remember when Cherry traded Reddick for Bailey?  That was awesome.  I wonder what a Bailey and Gagne trade could HYPOTHETICALLY get in return?  Maybe a slice of bread and a can of tuna?

That trade made me sick to my stomach.   LOL

Despite Gagne being as bad as rotten milk, the Red Sox still won the World Series.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

a PT OF'er who can hit RHP or a prospect.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Thank you Zac!!!!!  Glad somebody got that one......

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i dont think at this point mitch moreland is much better than carp, and they are both 1B, LF who are lefties and i believe are around the same age. the guy i would try to get from texas is mike olt. they have shown willingness to trade him quite frequently and perhaps he could be had. he could then be our 1B of the future. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

good stuff kingface12

congrats on getting some humor past the censors

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Rangers is plural. Are is the plural of is.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

I remember it well.  The Sox organization thought very highly of Murphy as a person, but Manny & Drew were locked up long term, Ellsbury was the future in center, while Crisp was the 4th outfielder.  I remember Murphy thanking the Sox for moving him to an organization where he would get an opportunity.  He wasn't getting an opportunity in Boston anytime soon, so they gave a kid they respected a better chance to make it somewhere else...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

cherington should stay away from personnel decisions....let him languish in the minors "developing" players...that is going to be his fate after 2013 anyway

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Beetle Bailey and "2011 was just the tip of the iceberg" Ellsbury and Carp for the Rangers top rated prospect and Mitch Moreland. 

The Rangers are NOT trading top prospect Jurickson Profar for one season of Ellsbury.  Especially since MLBTRrreported today that Texas is likely to deal Andrus after the seeason.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

And I will put you down as the guy who constantly denigrates a player and insists he is awful, yet somehow can be dealt for any superstar in the league. ..