The Theo Sabotage Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

The Theo Sabotage Thread

I gotta believe Theo is a man with a plan. He knew he wasn't coming back, he knew he would go somewhere else to rebuild, might as well tear down Boston on his way out. The Lackey signing, exhibit A. Crawford exhibit B. How about trading Masterson for V-Mart, a catcher who couldn't catch! How about trading the best prospects for a guy they could have signed as a free agent? Where else would A-Gon have gone?
     How did he miss Hunter Pence? That's a guy they could have had for a ham sandwich and a case of Naragansett. Now he's in Chicago with his boys, laughing at RSN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: The Theo Sabotage Thread

Where else would A-Gon have gone?  Well let's see, I think the Angels came up with 240 million for Pujols and the Tigers came up with 214 million for Fielder.  We actually did well getting A-Gon for 8 years for 160 million.  You can't nail Theo on that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

HFX - I think youk is saying that it is not the big moves that get you to the promised land. Sometimes it is the little moves that take you across the finish line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to The Theo Sabotage Thread:
     I gotta believe Theo is a man with a plan. He knew he wasn't coming back, he knew he would go somewhere else to rebuild, might as well tear down Boston on his way out. The Lackey signing, exhibit A. Crawford exhibit B. How about trading Masterson for V-Mart, a catcher who couldn't catch! How about trading the best prospects for a guy they could have signed as a free agent? Where else would A-Gon have gone?  How did he miss Hunter Pence? That's a guy they could have had for a ham sandwich and a case of Naragansett. Now he's in Chicago with his boys, laughing at RSN.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

The Red Sox and their depleted farm system could not match the prospect package the Phillies traded for Hunter Pence:

1. then 19-year-old 1B Jonathan Singleton, Baseball America's 39th-ranked prospect in 2011 and 34th-ranked prospect this year.
    2. 21-year-old RHP Jarred Cosart, BA's 70th-ranked prospect in 2011 and 50th-ranked prospect this year.
    3. RHP Josh Zeid

The Philly package rivals the "best prospects" the Red Sox traded for Adrian Gonzalez:

1. 22-year-old 1B Anthony Rizzo, BA's 75th-ranked prospect in 2011 and 47th-ranked prospect this year
    2. 22-year-old RHP Casey Kelly, BA's 24th-ranked prospect in 2010, 31st-ranked prospect in 2011 and 76th-ranked ranked this year
    3. 21-year-old OF Reymond Fuentes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I really hope you are not serious.  Theo did a bad job at the end but to suggest he did so on purpose is laughable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I gotta believe Theo is a man with a plan. He knew he wasn't coming back, he knew he would go somewhere else to rebuild, might as well tear down Boston on his way out. The Lackey signing, exhibit A. Crawford exhibit B. How about trading Masterson for V-Mart, a catcher who couldn't catch! How about trading the best prospects for a guy they could have signed as a free agent? Where else would A-Gon have gone?  How did he miss Hunter Pence? That's a guy they could have had for a ham sandwich and a case of Naragansett. Now he's in Chicago with his boys, laughing at RSN.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20
    THEO pushed the envelope of the "drug" called free agency......  As human nature works, a free agent is being paid for what he did in his younger days as he gets the big $$$$ entering his TWILIGHT..... You can bet that with the Cubs, it will be built with youth, good trades, and good production of players coming back from the obliv !!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

As if Lackey and Crawford were Theo's decisions. 

If you disagree with your boss and his/her decision is wrong, you leave.  If you make a bad call, then you get fired.  Theo walked away.

The off season decisions made by the Red Sox were the same decisions that were made during last season - no pitching help, bad decisions on players.

Signing Bailey was based on the exact same philosophy as signing Bobby Jenks with the same result.

They should have let Big Papi walk, let Lavarnway catch/DH, use Big Papi money to get a starter. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The Theo Sabotage Thread:
    Where else would A-Gon have gone?  Well let's see, I think the Angels came up with 240 million for Pujols and the Tigers came up with 214 million for Fielder.  We actually did well getting A-Gon for 8 years for 160 million.  You can't nail Theo on that one.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

The Tigers ponied up after V-Mart was hurt, Fielder and Pujols would have been options for the Sox, so there was no need to rush into trading the farm away for Adrian. Of the three, A-Gon is the least valuable, and Beltre had similar production anyways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Too bad you think this way.... AGon is the one positive addition to this team in the last 3 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Too bad you think this way.... AGon is the one positive addition to this team in the last 3 years.
    Posted by BurritoT

A-Gon is fine with me, the point was we could've have had him for dollars instead of dollars and prospects. The FA crop was heavy at 1B, Albert, Prince and Adrian coming out in the same year, so any of the three would've filled the spot, Pho sure!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: The Theo Sabotage Thread :  A-Gon is fine with me, the point was we could've have had him for dollars instead of dollars and prospects. The FA crop was heavy at 1B, Albert, Prince and Adrian coming out in the same year, so any of the three would've filled the spot, Pho sure!
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Okay I did not understand you....  What we need now I suppose is a RF who can smash 35 homers. Interesting but the team always wants power and yet they pay Crawford the big money and he only averages 15 homers a year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The Theo Sabotage Thread : Okay I did not understand you....  What we need now I suppose is a RF who can smash 35 homers. Interesting but the team always wants power and yet they pay Crawford the big money and he only averages 15 homers a year.
    Posted by BurritoT

I was shocked when they signed him, Werth signed so quickly they never had a chance to get him, CC was a make-up deal.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I thought JD Drew was one of Theo's finest moments.  Doesn't fit the sabotage theme, but fun to mention nonetheless.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

It's all Theo's and Francona's fault too. Francona hasn't gotten the team ready to play this year. Here's what I would've done: Sign Prince Fielder to DH, sign the Molina family to catch, I would've definitely signed Halladay and Lee to be my 2nd and 3rd starters behind Verlander, I would've definitiely kept Lester and Buch, I think I would've resigned Paplebon, but not for the 12 million he asked (maybe 2 million a year) he would accept the deal because he is my set up man and Mariano Rivera would be my closer. How did I acquire Mariano? Oh in the Cano deal. Pedey and VIncente Padilla for Cano and Mariano. I'd leave Youk at third because even though he's way past his prime he's a gamer. My outfield? Ellsbury, Bautista and Kemp (not Matt Kemp, Shaun Kemp for attitude). See, Theo it's not hard to build a team?!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SculEsqare. Show SculEsqare's posts

Turning the clock back a decade. This should be fun. Will the real Red Sox Please Stand Up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Dude,

You just snapped.  When things get this bad, you're better off not posting rather than posting nonsense.

Mistake #1
    As someone else pointed out, how can anyone that isn't completely drunk call 

Cosart #50
    Singleton #34

A ham sandwich when the RS have no one as good in their minor league system?

Mistake #2
    Sure, we could've waited for Gonzo, but he has more value relative to his age than either Pujols or Fielder, and we got him for a huge amount less.

Mistake #3
    This one is really funny.  Read it and think about it.

We made a mistake trading for Gonzo with on year left on his contract.
    We made a mistake NOT trading for Pence with 1.3 years left on his contract.

I have to tell, I'm embarrassed for you here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to The Theo Sabotage Thread : Dude, You just snapped.  When things get this bad, you're better off not posting rather than posting nonsense. Mistake #1 As someone else pointed out, how can anyone that isn't completely drunk call  Cosart #50 Singleton #34 A ham sandwich when the RS have no one as good in their minor league system? Mistake #2 Sure, we could've waited for Gonzo, but he has more value relative to his age than either Pujols or Fielder, and we got him for a huge amount less. Mistake #3 This one is really funny.  Read it and think about it. We made a mistake trading for Gonzo with on year left on his contract. We made a mistake NOT trading for Pence with 1.3 years left on his contract. I have to tell, I'm embarrassed for you here.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Dude, you beat Geo in a dumb bet and now you've let that puff up your sense of infaliblility.
     Mistake #1. Fielder is 2 years younger than Gonzo, so value to age; advantage Fielder.
     Mistake #2. The trade for Pence would have been to prop up the offense last year as a deadline deal, the point being, deadline deals are out of necessity, COMPLETELY different then off season re-tooling, comparing the two is Georomic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: The Theo Sabotage Thread :  Dude, you beat Geo in a dumb bet and now you've let that puff up your sense of infaliblility.  Mistake #1. Fielder is 2 years younger than Gonzo, so value to age; advantage Fielder.  Mistake #2. The trade for Pence would have been to prop up the offense last year as a deadline deal, the point being, deadline deals are out of necessity, COMPLETELY different then off season re-tooling, comparing the two is Georomic.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Gonzo will be with us at age 28 years, 11 months.
    Fielder will be with Det at age 27 years, 11 months.

So Fielder is one year younger, and maybe a tad heavier.

Gonzo will cost us $160M/8.
    Fielder will cost Det $214M/9.

Basically $54M for one extra year.

But the most important thing is not the $54M we saved.  It is that we got a better player for $54M less.

Unless you disagree and want to make a tag wager on who has a better WAR this year?

And just so I understand, trading prospects for 8 months worth of service is genius.

But trading for a player for 6 months of service, and an understanding of an extension, is stupid?

You're not really serious with that one, are you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Inepstein is now going to have free reign to butcher another organization, as he no longer has a VP changing his diapers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

It isn't Fielder, dim bulb, it's Fielder + Cabrerra, which is exponentially greater than Crawford + AGon

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The Theo Sabotage Thread : Gonzo will be with us at age 28 years, 11 months. Fielder will be with Det at age 27 years, 11 months. So Fielder is one year younger, and maybe a tad heavier. Gonzo will cost us $160M/8. Fielder will cost Det $214M/9. Basically $54M for one extra year. But the most important thing is not the $54M we saved.  It is that we got a better player for $54M less. Unless you disagree and want to make a tag wager on who has a better WAR this year? And just so I understand, trading prospects for 8 months worth of service is genius. But trading for a player for 6 months of service, and an understanding of an extension, is stupid? You're not really serious with that one, are you?
    Posted by Joebreidey

Gonzo DOB 5/9/1982
     Prince DOB  5/8/1984
     Fielder is two years younger, and your comment was "age to value", or put another way, at 28, Prince is just entering his "Prime" and A-Gon at 30 (next month) has already entered his "Prime" and the Sox have had only one year of that from Adrian. Having either player is a good situation and trying to figure out who's better could be an exercise in futility, although Prince has Miggy to support him in the line-up and A-Gon has who? As for Pence, he would've helped last year, and you can't rule out the same agreement to sign an extension scenario.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts