The time is now for Big Ben to make a Big Splash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The time is now for Big Ben to make a Big Splash

Now is the time to go ahead and sign Drew and deal for Stanton.

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

With a top defensive SS and league’s top clean up hitter, the offense and defense would go from second rate to top rate over night. Understanding of course that this is our one shot to deal away some our minor league talent and for the next couple of years we’d have to protect our prospects. Yes, we’ll have to take our chances with the pitching we have. But I think it’s the right thing to do. That’s a very good 1-6 which will be in tact through 2015 and Pedey and Stanton beyond that; which means the deal for Stanton has to give the Sox a chance to give him an extension (and pending a physical of course) – I’m thinking 4 years @ 75 mil to cover his 3 ARB years plus 1st year of FA keeping him through 2018 (he'd still be a FA at age 28 and he is a non-Boras client).

I think a 2 year $21 million deal would get Drew (he gets to play this year @ 7 mil for half a season and next year he gets his guaranteed 14 that he should had taken for this year and if he wants, I will promise not to give him a QO next time)

If you aren't sure of this, all you need to think about is having Grady Sizemore continue as your #5 Hitter.  No team in baseball could win with Grady Sizemore as a #5 hitter.  (Having said that I'd probably cut bait w/ Gomes since Sizemore can fill in at CF and Carp can fill in at 1B, Gomes only fills one need).

This allows WMB to either be dealt in the Stanton deal or sent down for more seasoning (perhaps learning how to play 1B as a contingency for Naps in a few years).  and yes, give Lester that extension now (6/110).

PS - I'd also have Workman move to the pen in AAA and get ready to bring him up and cut bait w/ Mejica

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: The time is now for Big Ben to make a Big Splash

Great.  So we're all in agreement.  Finally!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

With a top defensive SS and league’s top clean up hitter, the offense and defense would go from second rate to top rate over night. Understanding of course that this is our one shot to deal away some our minor league talent and for the next couple of years we’d have to protect our prospects. Yes, we’ll have to take our chances with the pitching we have. But I think it’s the right thing to do. That’s a very good 1-6 which will be in tact through 2015 and Pedey and Stanton beyond that; which means the deal for Stanton has to give the Sox a chance to give him an extension (and pending a physical of course) – I’m thinking 4 years @ 75 mil to cover his 3 ARB years plus 1st year of FA keeping him through 2018 (he'd still be a FA at age 28 and he is a non-Boras client).

I think a 2 year $21 million deal would get Drew (he gets to play this year @ 7 mil for half a season and next year he gets his guaranteed 14 that he should had taken for this year and if he wants, I will promise not to give him a QO next time)

If you aren't sure of this, all you need to think about is having Grady Sizemore continue as your #5 Hitter.  No team in baseball could win with Grady Sizemore as a #5 hitter.  (Having said that I'd probably cut bait w/ Gomes since Sizemore can fill in at CF and Carp can fill in at 1B, Gomes only fills one need).

This allows WMB to either be dealt in the Stanton deal or sent down for more seasoning (perhaps learning how to play 1B as a contingency for Naps in a few years).  and yes, give Lester that extension now (6/110).

PS - I'd also have Workman move to the pen in AAA and get ready to bring him up and cut bait w/ Mejica

Not going to happen . But I agree with you on workman. Mejica will be the Bobby Jenks of the bullpen from 3 years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

Not going to happen . But I agree with you on workman. Mejica will be the Bobby Jenks of the bullpen from 3 years ago.

Which part?  I am assuming you think Miami won't be motivated enough to deal away Stanton?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Too late on Stanton, that needed to be done at the Winter Meetings when Ben and Larry fell in love with patting themselves on the back and reading their press clippings. Team is in major hurt and desperation to move Betts to CF.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

Why would Marlins, fighting for first place trade Stanton, unless you give them a lot of talent?   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

Hate to break your bubble, but no one wants Middlebrooks the way he is hitting now and he could not field a ground ball with a shovel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

we need some kind of a power hitting 3B....we need some one to drive in runs....we can't have holt playing 3B and think we can hang with teams....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

we need some kind of a power hitting 3B....we need some one to drive in runs....we can't have holt playing 3B and think we can hang with teams....

I am retired military and the way I feel is that you go all out in wars and win. Management this year took the year off and it shows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Two runs scored in like 25 innings is pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

Why would Marlins, fighting for first place trade Stanton, unless you give them a lot of talent?   

affordability and yes, give them lots of talent

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

Hate to break your bubble, but no one wants Middlebrooks the way he is hitting now and he could not field a ground ball with a shovel.

that's fine.  then WMB stays in AAA and the rest of this plan gets executed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

that's fine.  then WMB stays in AAA and the rest of this plan gets executed.

As dad would say.......   "SON, BASEBALL & THE Jenny, JENNY DELLS OF THE WORLD, DON'T MIX"!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

"Women weaken knees" (Mickey, Rocky I)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  I didnt know they are only a game and half behind the first place team after i just looked up the standing of today.  Guess Marlins is willing to hold on to him until the team fall apart by July trading deadline. 

Guess Boston need to speak with another team who are not doing well such as Houston, Cubs, Pirates, etc.  But who they have?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

The big splash...in what swimming pool?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

How are we getting Stanton again?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

How are we getting Stanton again?

Give them the keys to our farm

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Now is the time to go ahead and sign Drew

R we talking a doug mirabelli police escort

I will promise not to give him a QO next time)

can't do that

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

1. Pedey
    2. Vic
    3. Ortiz
    4. Stanton (LF)
    5. Naps
    6. Boggy (3B)
    7. AJP
    8. S Drew
    9. JBJ

The SOX farm system is loaded with talent; can't you tell?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If I can't get Stanton then I go after Kemp.  I would think Kemp would cost less in prospects since we'd be taking a lot of money off of their hands and Puig can take over in CF and Eithier takes RF.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I'd like to see the whole FO make a 'big splash' by jumping into the Charles River.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

I'd like to see the whole FO make a 'big splash' by jumping into the Charles River.

LOL

not yet.  I am confident in this bunch but they have to do something - BIG AND NOW (that won't completely go against their model/philosophy)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If I can't get Stanton then I go after Kemp.  I would think Kemp would cost less in prospects since we'd be taking a lot of money off of their hands and Puig can take over in CF and Eithier takes RF.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I find Kemp interesting, but he's righty.  Ethier is a platoon lefty but not nearly as good as our current RF.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I find Kemp interesting, but he's righty.  Ethier is a platoon lefty but not nearly as good as our current RF.

I prefer a Righty

Sections
Shortcuts