Tigers - 5
    Sox - 11

Scored only 1 run:
    Yanks - 7
    Rangers - 10
    Angels - 18
    Tigers - 12
    Sox - 12

I'd expect the Sox to be light years ahead of the Angels and I'm sure the Rays, but their  pitching has  been so much better than ours.  The Sox are not a clutch team.  They can put up crooked numbers to pile on and bloat the stats.  I'm looking forward to Monday night - the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

Re: The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks!

In Response to The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks!:
    Again looking at the major American League contenders for this season: Been shut out: Yanks - 6 Rangers - 7 Angels - 11 Tigers - 5 Sox - 11 Scored only 1 run: Yanks - 7 Rangers - 10 Angels - 18 Tigers - 12 Sox - 12 I'd expect the Sox to be light years ahead of the Angels and I'm sure the Rays, but their  pitching has  been so much better than ours.  The Sox are not a clutch team.  They can put up crooked numbers to pile on and bloat the stats.  I'm looking forward to Monday night - the Pats.
    Posted by frankn

They certainly have issues and may not win it all this year but I thinkt its too early to give up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from onemotime. Show onemotime's posts

Wow, I had no idea that the Sox have had that many games with 1 run or less.

If your numbers are correct, out of 149 total games the Sox have scored 1 or less runs in 23 games. That sad total averages out to about one offensive shut down per week. Very nearly 1 out of every 6 games. How is that possible when their lineup features 4 MVP type players in Ells, Pedy, Agon, and Big Papi, and then there is Youk, who so many claim is a better choice than the Yankees Arod at 3rd?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

another strike 3 to ag

low and outside  he swings every time and misses

cc  is about the biggest bust in rs histoty depending on how lackley finishes this yr

this offense aint scaring anybody

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

YTD:  Gonzalez leads the team with the most strikeouts (18.5%) of the time and Scutaro leads the team with the least strikeouts (9.8%).  I would speculate that Gonzalez is at best a somewhat over average hitter, not a power hitter and over the course of the next (if he remains with the RS) few years will probably average .280-290's with mostly singles, some doubles and homeruns in the teens.  His RBI count should be reasonable simply because he bats in the an RBI producing slot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Best.

Team.

EVAH!

...well, maybe not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

To lose 5 of 7 at this time of the season smells of, Oh well, we can get in via the wild card. Doesn't that just suck!. The manager has no idea how to motivate this team. Put C.C in the 2 spot [his normal position], move A.G. to clean-up, and Youk to the #6 spot. And tell every player that if they don't give a 100% effort, they'll be sent to Afghanistan for a little r.&r. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks!:
    Again looking at the major American League contenders for this season: Been shut out: Yanks - 6 Rangers - 7 Angels - 11 Tigers - 5 Sox - 11 Scored only 1 run: Yanks - 7 Rangers - 10 Angels - 18 Tigers - 12 Sox - 12 I'd expect the Sox to be light years ahead of the Angels and I'm sure the Rays, but their  pitching has  been so much better than ours.  The Sox are not a clutch team.  They can put up crooked numbers to pile on and bloat the stats.  I'm looking forward to Monday night - the Pats.
    Posted by frankn

The Angels/Rays don't play half their games in a hitter's venue, do they?
    Look at the road pitching numbers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

In Response to Re: The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks!:
    In Response to The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks! : The Angels/Rays don't play half their games in a hitter's venue, do they? Look at the road pitching numbers.
    Posted by harness

If the Sox play in a hitters park than why do they have so many one run games and shutouts against them?

First: 10/12/2009
    Last: 9/5/2011
    Again looking at the major American League contenders for this season:

Been shut out:
    Yanks - 6
    Rangers - 7
    Angels - 11
    Tigers - 5
    Sox - 11

Scored only 1 run:
    Yanks - 7
    Rangers - 10
    Angels - 18
    Tigers - 12
    Sox - 12

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeyintheBX. Show MikeyintheBX's posts

In Response to The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks! : The Angels/Rays don't play half their games in a hitter's venue, do they? Look at the road pitching numbers.
    Posted by harness

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=0738e62a8ebddb2034ebb4032df15eeb&plckUserId=0738e62a8ebddb2034ebb4032df15eeb">
    First: 10/12/2009
    Last: 9/5/2011
    Again looking at the major American League contenders for this season:

Been shut out:
    Yanks - 6
    Rangers - 7
    Angels - 11
    Tigers - 5
    Sox - 11

Scored only 1 run:
    Yanks - 7
    Rangers - 10
    Angels - 18
    Tigers - 12
    Sox - 12

If the Sox play in a hitters park than why are they getting shutout so often and scoring only 1 run in so many games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

When your team loses 1-0 you have to give the other teams pitching some credit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks! : www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=0738e62a8ebddb2034ebb4032df15eeb&plckUserId=0738e62a8ebddb2034ebb4032df15eeb " /> frankn Posts: 204 First: 10/12/2009 Last: 9/5/2011 Again looking at the major American League contenders for this season: Been shut out: Yanks - 6 Rangers - 7 Angels - 11 Tigers - 5 Sox - 11 Scored only 1 run: Yanks - 7 Rangers - 10 Angels - 18 Tigers - 12 Sox - 12 If the Sox play in a hitters park than why are they getting shutout so often and scoring only 1 run in so many games?
    Posted by MikeyintheBX

Because good pitching stops good hitting.
    How many of these shutouts/one-run losses were at Fenway this year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeyintheBX. Show MikeyintheBX's posts

In Response to Re: The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks! : Because good pitching stops good hitting. How many of these shutouts/one-run losses were at Fenway this year?
    Posted by harness

Must be a lot of good pitching in the AL.

I don't know, how many were there?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks! : Because good pitching stops good hitting. How many of these shutouts/one-run losses were at Fenway this year?
    Posted by harness

Even among the great lineups, Hitting is streaky; Pitching, less so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB still has a sub 4.00 road ERA, a .724 OPS against away, and a 1.273 WHIP away. Yes, they are better at home, but their staff is solid home and away.

As for the near meaningless shutout stat:
    TB 3 at home/2 away.

The Sox hitters at Fenway:
    O runs: 3
    1 run:   4

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Small sample sizes to show the Sox offense to not be productive. The Sox offense has been pretty strong on the road, in fact, one of the best road offenses in all of baseball. Who cares how many times they have been shut out? How many wins does the team have on the road? Stupid thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

TB still has a sub 4.00 road ERA, a .724 OPS against away, and a 1.273 WHIP away. Yes, they are better at home, but their staff is solid home and away. As for the near meaningless shutout stat: TB 3 at home/2 away. The Sox hitters at Fenway: O runs: 3 1 run:   4
    Posted by moonslav59

Well, then that means they have scored one run or less 16 times away from Fenway, as opposed to 7 times @ Fenway. This is what I meant by venue-affected offense. It's also why Boston has better pitching than the Rays on the road.

Boston/Rays:
    3.57 ERA  1.187 WHIP .664 OPS/ 3.99 ERA  1.273 WHIP .724 OPS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Small sample sizes to show the Sox offense to not be productive. The Sox offense has been pretty strong on the road, in fact, one of the best road offenses in all of baseball. Who cares how many times they have been shut out? How many wins does the team have on the road? Stupid thread.
    Posted by dannycater

Team is built to play on the road. It's backboned by good pitching.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

To lose 5 of 7 at this time of the season smells of, Oh well, we can get in via the wild card. Doesn't that just suck!. The manager has no idea how to motivate this team. Put C.C in the 2 spot [his normal position], move A.G. to clean-up, and Youk to the #6 spot. And tell every player that if they don't give a 100% effort, they'll be sent to Afghanistan for a little r.&r. 
    Posted by spider-man

this is the best post !!! This should be on the wall in the locker room !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

Where is the pitching ,hitting,bullpen? The sox are back to there 70`s 80`s 90`s look.Spend money on nothing special,(Carl Croford),Get a great hitter(Mr. Ganzalez)Then watch the pitching staff fall apart.Then get nothing at the deadline!! It was a chance to get creative, a 3 team trade ,,Send a message to the clubhouse.I though something with the Dodgers,Houston,Giants,Marlins,were viable options. These guys are on wildcard vacation!!!!No heart !! They will win nothing in playoffs as they are!!! I`m pissed !!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: The Vaunted Sox Offense - My Buttocks! : Team is built to play on the road. It's backboned by good pitching.
    Posted by harness

venue venue venue venue venue

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Repeat it 1000 times and maybe it'll sink in with those who think Boston's hitting/pitching ratings are accurate.

How many times does a catcher's relevance have to be repeated before youget it? I'll venture a couple of million times...and you'll still skim over them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Bumping   -  due to new thread started over same subject matter.
    It appears the venue point is still being over-looked.

What a shocker!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittnhsteven. Show pittnhsteven's posts

Posted by harness

Even among the great lineups, Hitting is streaky; Pitching, less so.

Sections
Shortcuts