The WALK-OFF TROT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

The WALK-OFF TROT

BJ Upton of Tampa bay homered tonight to win the game, instead of jumping into the scrum, he tip-toed to the plate. After the broken leg last year for Kendry Morales some teams have tempered down the party, but I've still seen the leap this year. Has Epstein or Tito adressed it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: The WALK-OFF TROT

Yes, Epstein and Francona both addressed the matter.  There is a $1,000 fine for every Walk-Off HR this year.  The money goes into a jar for a field trip.  So far, they haven't raised a nickel..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The WALK-OFF TROT:
    Yes, Epstein and Francona both addressed the matter.  There is a $1,000 fine for every Walk-Off HR this year.  The money goes into a jar for a field trip.  So far, they haven't raised a nickel..........
    Posted by andrewmitch

Yeah, between that and the $1000.00 donation to Habitat for Humanity on each HR hit, that house is under water.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Are you two morons really going to have a back and forth about Gonzalez?  Have you seen his stats?  Are homeruns the only way to excel?  Who dresses you two in the morning?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Slam!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Are you two morons really going to have a back and forth about Gonzalez?  Have you seen his stats?  Are homeruns the only way to excel?  Who dresses you two in the morning?
    Posted by jimdavis

Nah, proly not, but here's a real debate; Which JIM is more grumpy, Drunk Jim or Hangover Jim?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Youkillus20 - thanks for attaching that message (I have "jimdavis" on ignore because he's rude and makes personal attacks).  Funny thing is I wasn't even talking about Gonzalez; and I don't think that you were either...anyways.........the one celebration I remember the most was in 2002 when the someone on the Twins (2b?) got spiked after they beat the A's and couldn't play in the LCS vs the Angels......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

For Andrew to have me on ignore is a badge of honor.  Youkillus, please inform him so.  I'm not grumpy at all.  Your drivel is annoying, but everyone on the forum knows that already.  I state the obvious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

That is 90% of his posts and no one does anything about it. Other posters have been suspended for less. Don't let him get to you must be the editors son.

Youkillus20 - thanks for attaching that message (I have "jimdavis" on ignore because he's rude and makes personal attacks).  Funny thing is I wasn't even talking about Gonzalez; and I don't think that you were either...anyways.........the one celebration I remember the most was in 2002 when the someone on the Twins (2b?) got spiked after they beat the A's and couldn't play in the LCS vs the Angels......
    Posted by andrewmitch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh I agree 100%.  You gotta love the trash talk; Forum Boards are a breeding ground for cowards.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

That is 90% of his posts and no one does anything about it. Other posters have been suspended for less. Don't let him get to you must be the editors son. In Response to Re: The WALK-OFF TROT :
    Posted by REDSOX-11

No, it is because the Mods are not in love with you.  The mods know I'll have a nice dialog with those who wish to do the same.  And I'll call out those looking to simply incite.  That has been the case for the years I have been here.  I have a body of work that has been respectful in tone and fun.  Those who want respect, give respect.  You have done none of that.  I have one person ignoring me, how many do you have?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Is this thread about Trot Nixon?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Obviously not enough you aren't And don't give me that nice routine, anyone who disagrees with you get the name calling and attacked.

In Response to Re: The WALK-OFF TROT : No, it is because the Mods are not in love with you.  The mods know I'll have a nice dialog with those who wish to do the same.  And I'll call out those looking to simply incite.  That has been the case for the years I have been here.  I have a body of work that has been respectful in tone and fun.  Those who want respect, give respect.  You have done none of that.  I have one person ignoring me, how many do you have?
    Posted by jimdavis

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Posted by andrewmitch

Gonzales was not even mentioned until Happy Jim brought his name up. Jim does confess to stating the obvious, and repeating what everyone knows. A good definiton of "drivel",  maybe a better one is when he sarcastically questioned me as to whether Pedroia needed a day off, two days later...Tito put Pedey on the bench.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: The WALK-OFF TROT :  Gonzales was not even mentioned until Happy Jim brought his name up. Jim does confess to stating the obvious, and repeating what everyone knows. A good definiton of "drivel",  maybe a better one is when he sarcastically questioned me as to whether Pedroia needed a day off, two days later...Tito put Pedey on the bench.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Yeah, between that and the $1000.00 donation to Habitat for Humanity on each HR hit, that house is under water.
    Youkillus

Yeah, you did not mention him by name but this is obviously a reference to Gonzalez.  Once again, you make my point.  Tito gave Pedroia a day off because he was struggling.  Gonzalez was not the whole time you were claiming he was.  Try to keep up.  You are the one who went totally outer limits from the start.  You claimed he needed a day off when he did not.  You have been wrong the entire time.  You can try to distract from the original point but it is not working.  You whined because he did not he enough homeruns for you and failed to realize that the whole time he was producing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The WALK-OFF TROT : Yeah, between that and the $1000.00 donation to Habitat for Humanity on each HR hit, that house is under water. Youkillus   Yeah, you did not mention him by name but this is obviously a reference to Gonzalez.  Once again, you make my point.  Tito gave Pedroia a day off because he was struggling.  Gonzalez was not the whole time you were claiming he was.  Try to keep up.  You are the one who went totally outer limits from the start.  You claimed he needed a day off when he did not.  You have been wrong the entire time.  You can try to distract from the original point but it is not working.  You whined because he did not he enough homeruns for you and failed to realize that the whole time he was producing.
    Posted by jimdavis

See, this is where I was right...from NESN's Tony Lee:

www.nesn.com/2011/05/adrian-gonzalez-beginning-to-fulfill-predictions-of-fenway-park-production.html">Adrian Gonzalez Beginning to Fulfill Predictions of Fenway Park Production

and further more Lee writes; The home run was the third of the current 11-game homestand and his second to clear the Green Monster, indications that he is beginning to fulfill the overwhelming projections that the park was tailor-made for him...
    Whether Gonzalez wants to admit that the park has an effect or not, the fact that he has dropped two homers over that big wall in left has allowed some to think about what kind of production he will have when he begins to spray the ball all over the place.

So you see Jim, Lee echoes my original post, almost verbatim, the premise being he had not as yet produced up to expectations, and that he was supposed to spray the ball all over Fenway. To back up what I'm saying, here's my original opening sentence: Up to now he's been underwhelming his reputation. He was supposed to spray balls all over Fenway.

My post began on May 2nd, Gonzalez was hitting .312 1HR 15 RBI, that's not 20M production, of course it's a small sample size, everyone knows that, but it's the ONLY sample size we had. To question, that he might need a day off, is hardly reprehensible. You have to admit, well you don't have to, and probably won't, that the evidence youre using on his production comes post OP, meanwhile I've got Eckersly, BBT and NESN's Tony Lee echoing me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: The WALK-OFF TROT :  See, this is where I was right...from NESN's Tony Lee: www.nesn.com/2011/05/adrian-gonzalez-beginning-to-fulfill-predictions-of-fenway-park-production.html " />Adrian Gonzalez Beginning to Fulfill Predictions of Fenway Park Production and further more Lee writes; The home run was the third of the current 11-game homestand and his second to clear the Green Monster, indications that he is beginning to fulfill the overwhelming projections that the park was tailor-made for him... Whether Gonzalez wants to admit that the park has an effect or not, the fact that he has dropped two homers over that big wall in left has allowed some to think about what kind of production he will have when he begins to spray the ball all over the place.  So you see Jim, Lee echoes my original post, almost verbatim, the premise being he had not as yet produced up to expectations, and that he was supposed to spray the ball all over Fenway. To back up what I'm saying, here's my original opening sentence: Up to now he's been underwhelming his reputation. He was supposed to spray balls all over Fenway.  My post began on May 2nd, Gonzalez was hitting .312 1HR 15 RBI, that's not 20M production, of course it's a small sample size, everyone knows that, but it's the ONLY sample size we had. To question, that he might need a day off, is hardly reprehensible. You have to admit, well you don't have to, and probably won't, that the evidence youre using on his production comes post OP, meanwhile I've got Eckersly, BBT and NESN's Tony Lee echoing me.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

So here's that original post.

Up to now he's been underwhelming his reputation. He was supposed to spray balls all over Fenway, especially LF. He's the worst cleanup hitter in the ALE, NLE or heck MLB. If he's going to hit like OFFER-MAN, why did they make him such a big Offer, man? His line shows that he's still recovering from surgery, he getting no lift on his hits, and because he makes decent contact he'll get his hits, until he starts showing some pop, don't you think he should be dropped?Here is his Fenway hit chart:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/adrian-gonzalez/hitchart/139851

As a four or five hitter he really offers no protection, and should be placed where singles and doubles guys bat.

Almost verbatim?  Don't flatter yourself.  I didn't read where anyone was echoing the part in red - that he was the worst cleanup hitter in the ALEast or baseball, that the offer was in question, that his shoulder was an issue, that he offered no protection in the lineup, or that he should be moved down in the order.  I don't think anyone on this chatboard was not observing the obvious, which was that he hadn't been hitting homeruns.  No great revelation there.  I think most reasonable fans understood that it was just a matter of time before his seasonal performance began reverting back to career norms, which may be adjusted due to the Fenway factor and possibly the effect of shoulder surgery. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I am weary with you, Youk.  Have at it from now on.  I'm down in Dallas heading out for the night.  I'll catch the Sox on the 60 foot screen at the Gaylord Texan.  That is more fun than arguing with you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxl94l. Show Bosoxl94l's posts

Another Sox regular who has quit. If they can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. Pansies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Hitting .315 isn't bad no matter where one hits.
    FWIW< Adrian said it had nothing to do with the shoulder surgery. He said it was simply a matter of feeling comfortable and making adjustments (to pitchers he sees infrequently).
    Also, he's not making 20+mil this season.

I have the greatest respect for Rojas, JimDavis and YOUUUUK.
    I see nothing wrong with starting a thread showing concern for a temporary power outage by a player that must supply it if the team is gonna go anywhere.

Now that he's showing us all how his pretty swing is creating lift, why not just forget the difference of opinion and own up to the present. You guys are too classy to do anything but.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Hitting .315 isn't bad no matter where one hits. FWIW< Adrian said it had nothing to do with the shoulder surgery. He said it was simply a matter of feeling comfortable and making adjustments (to pitchers he sees infrequently). Also, he's not making 20+mil this season. I have the greatest respect for Rojas , JimDavis and YOUUUUK . I see nothing wrong with starting a thread showing concern for a temporary power outage by a player that must supply it if the team is gonna go anywhere. Now that he's showing us all how his pretty swing is creating lift, why not just forget the difference of opinion and own up to the present. You guys are too classy to do anything but.
    Posted by harness

Sounds good to me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Hitting .315 isn't bad no matter where one hits. FWIW< Adrian said it had nothing to do with the shoulder surgery. He said it was simply a matter of feeling comfortable and making adjustments (to pitchers he sees infrequently). Also, he's not making 20+mil this season. I have the greatest respect for Rojas , JimDavis and YOUUUUK . I see nothing wrong with starting a thread showing concern for a temporary power outage by a player that must supply it if the team is gonna go anywhere. Now that he's showing us all how his pretty swing is creating lift, why not just forget the difference of opinion and own up to the present. You guys are too classy to do anything but.
    Posted by harness

Harness, that's a real good idea. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Youk good to see you did not leave the forum, I had you confused with the other Youk handle (the goofy one with his tongue hanging out).....  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Youk good to see you did not leave the forum, I had you confused with the other Youk handle (the goofy one with his tongue hanging out).....  
    Posted by BurritoT

Yeah, I'm not sure why he cloned my handle...Oh well, immitation is the sincerest form of battery.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Posted by harness

I agree with the rest.  It's good idea to let this go.  But I disagree that any of the three of us is that classy. 

Sections
Shortcuts